What certain type of match would you like to see on free tv! to come back?

Discuss anything about the WWF/WWE past or present.
isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

What certain type of match would you like to see on free tv! to come back?

Post by isrs4life » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:05 pm

Well I like to see single ladder matches, maybe a last man standing match I know they have steel cage matches once and a while
there has been street fights but single ladder matches I would like to see return like make both shows unpredictiable with stips again.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Re: What certain type of match would you like to see on free tv! to come back?

Post by AndyF1069 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:30 pm

Why would I pay to use the network for content I can get for free on TV?

How does this benefit WWE?
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:01 pm

I am not speaking about the wwe network and they use to have plenty of stipulation matches back in the day on raw or smackdown
see Edge vs. Eddie Guerrero ladder match from smackdown 2002.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:41 pm

You didn't answer my question.

WWE is a business that exists to make money. They make money from TV ratings from ad revenue and from PPV subscriptions from people who are paying to watch a special match.

Special matches happen on TV to boost ratings and draw attention to a feud which people will likely pay to see continue (or conclude). They don't happen often because if they did, they no longer are "special".

This is why the special matches happen more often on PPV. PPV is the big source of money, but you need people to WANT to pay to see a match. You want to see special matches on TV because you don't have to pay for them. That won't make WWE any money. If you stopped buying DVDs you'd be able to afford the Network and see every special match ever and whenever you wanted.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:27 pm

WWE was big back in 2002 as well it wont hurt them to have a ladder match on raw or smackdown we seem to get street fights,
no dq and lumber jack matches happen just about every month and on ppv like tlc they took away the ladder match,
tables match and chairs match twice from the meaning of tlc concept back in 2013 and 2017...

I dont give a shit what happens outside of wwe :x :x :x

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:07 pm

Are you choosing to not read what I am writing? It WILL hurt them to have a ladder match on Raw or Smackdown, because then there would be less people paying money for a ladder match on a PPV. Again, if you want a special match then you have to PAY for it.

What does the size of WWE in 2002 have to do with matches taking place? The special matches were rare then too. The TLC ppv has special matches no matter what. Just because you want something different doesn't mean it's not special.

Why are you talking about outside of wwe? I didn't say anything about outside wwe.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:22 pm

hey I have been watching wwe since 1997 I know what I am talking about and they use to have a raw roulette night which was fun
I dont want the matches all the time but it be refreshing to see a ladder match on tv and I am to poor to buy the network or order ppv
events.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:54 pm

You keep failing to address my point. Stop thinking about yourself and what you want. Think about the entire audience.

Now answer me this. Why would I pay for a TLC PPV to see a ladder match if I saw a ladder match on TV already?

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:11 am

Is that your own writing? well i've read all your post I dont care about the audience well I am smart
on what I know about wrestling I dont read the business point of view well I had wwe classics on demand/247 before...

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:27 pm

I know wwe got lots going on like with the make a wish foundation with them being a business then a sport.
I know I am not to poor to own the wwe network
and i've asked lots to my mother and sister every month to have it and I would give them money for it and its hard and they wont give it a sample.
because I dont have a credit card but our version in canada sucks...

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:07 pm

I don't need to copy other peoples thoughts and post them as my own, that's something that you do. You have read my post, you don't care about the audience and once had classics on demand.

What does that have to do with the idea of WWE making money?

Why should I continue this discussion if you can't stick to a point?

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:55 pm

Sorry I was just abit mad at you ;) ;) ;)

Undertaker vs jeff hardy ladder match for the wwe championship from Raw 2002

jeff vs rvd

heres a ladder match from Raw 2003 for the ic title