Movies, Video Games, TV, more.
LondonChick62
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: lacarrington1

Re: Star Wars

Post by LondonChick62 » Fri May 04, 2018 11:11 pm

Mafwanix wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 11:35 am
Happy Star Wars Day! May the fourth Be with you.
And to you all as well :D

Mafwanix
Title Contender

Post by Mafwanix » Tue May 29, 2018 8:49 pm

Well, a new Star Wars movie has made it out. It was released unopposed by any other new blockbuster film over a long US holiday weekend. It was projected to bring in $130 to $150mil, and the news was reporting that advance ticket sales were record breaking.

Now that the weekend is over, the excuses and speculation are pouring out as to why Solo only did $84mil over the weekend to half empty theaters. They are trying to hype up the numbers by claiming a 4 day weekend number around $103mil, well below expectations. I probably won't have to wait very long for the DVD release!

The mainstream media is trying to blame some sort of rubbish called Star Wars Fatigue. Too much Star Wars! Too many movies too close together! What a load of crap. Star Wars has one of the most rabid fanbases, people who camp out at stores and theaters and cons for even the smallest new Star Wars stuff. And come on, in a culture where binge watching is now commonplace, fans are tired of something? The whole idea is silly.

Disney and the other mainstream sources are, of course, completely ignoring what many Star Wars fan sites and media channels are saying: Much of Solo's failure is fan backlash for The Last Jedi.

I'll see this movie eventually. I've become somewhat disappointed by the direction Star Wars has taken, the last 2 books I read were lousy. And even though I have a disc of TLJ, I still have not watched it a second time. Not for lack of trying, I watch it up to the Leia Mary Poppins in Space scene and wind up turning it off.

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:11 pm

Saw Solo on Thursday night. It was ok, a couple of chuckles here and there, the callbacks were a bit lame and the action just didn't pop. Emilia Clarke was surprisingly good though. Overall a disappointment for the Disney era Star Wars.

“What a strange girl you are. Flung out of space.....”

Mafwanix
Title Contender

Post by Mafwanix » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:05 am

Target is already accepting pre-orders for Solo on Blu Ray, release date September 10 2018. These are special Target edition discs.

I used to buy most of my movie discs from Amazon, but I've been mainly getting them from Target in the last 2 years. Amazon had been feuding with some of the movie companies, and they now seem to miss out on early and exclusive releases.