What if GFW went back to doing 12 ppvs a year?

Discuss the latest happenings in GFW. Share your thoughts, opinions, etc...
isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

What if GFW went back to doing 12 ppvs a year?

Post by isrs4life » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:29 pm

I know they had some special impact like free ppv tv but if they went back to the old routine I think it would be alright.
WWE makes way to much ppv events and there not hurting any...

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Re: What if GFW went back to doing 12 ppvs a year?

Post by AndyF1069 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:31 am

If they went back to 12 ppvs then the two means they'd be doing 12 ppvs

What are we discussing?
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:30 am

No one was buying any of the twelve PPV's, though. If people don't want to watch Impact for free (their ratings are the lowest that they've been since their brief time on Fox Sports in the early 2000's) why would you think that people will pay to watch it? YOU don't even watch PPV's, you just buy them on DVD later.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:41 pm

It be neat then 3 or 4 but I remember when they did free ppv tv like events back in 2013 and some of those were successful
like when Chris Sabin won the tna world title from Bully Ray then at the next impact free ppv he lost the belt back to bully ray
in a steel cage then one time later they added a fith ppv called sacrifice and I remember Willow was the poster boy for that
event which was Jeff Hardy

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:24 pm

How many Impact PPVs have ~ YOU ~ PAID for?

Your answer to that will be the answer as to why 12 ppvs is a bad idea.

Also cringe at my phone predictive turning "that" into "the two" in my last post.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:34 pm

Back in 2014 they had

Lockdown, Sacrifice, Slammiversary&Bound for glory

Now for the last 3 years they've only had 2 ppvs which are Slammiversary&Bound for glory

I guess they are still high on the free ppv like tv events. Which I dont mind!

I cant believe they got rid of Lockdown as a ppv :evil:

I'm just trying to make a conversation

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:05 pm

You keep failing to answer the question of how many shows that you - ISRS - have paid for.

PAY per view. Emphasis to the word pay. Making special events which are broadcast live and in which attractions such as cages are used cost more money than a regular TV taping. That's why they charge you money to watch, otherwise they would lose money and would have to shut down, which would mean no more Impact, no more GFW and this board would be deleted.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:10 pm

For a conversation to work, people have to talk to each other. You ignore posts that say things that you don't like, and complain when people don't post at all. Time after time people point things out to you and you never listen. Stop making threads for the sake of making threads. This isn't Facebook, you shouldn't post something everytime an idea pops into your head. There are no like buttons, this isn't a competition to be popular or to have a thread with lots of comments in.

You've built up this idea of what a forum should be and what you want it to be. Wrestleview isn't that.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:39 pm

I bought maybe over 10 ppvs from the early days of tna I dont have them anymore thow
dam I had match comps of aj styles, samoa joe roh and tna dvds and daniel bryan roh dvd man I wish I kept
those I knew they were gonna be big.

And I boughten none since 2011 and I have watch some on the internet

oh sorry about making a new impact thread I did it twice...

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:46 pm

Buying a DVD isn't the same as buying a live PPV. That's the issue here. They can make DVDs of the free TV specials because it costs no more to produce a TV special than a regular show. If a PPV is unsuccessful then the company loses money. A company that loses money goes out of business.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:58 pm

I bought zero tna/iw&gfw ppvs off of my digital higher cable.
I only buy them on dvd if its worth it and I dont order them off the internet either ever since tna's dvd distrubitor
ended there contract.

Oh gfw does one night only events still I think...

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:30 pm

Then there you have it. If they go back to 12 ppvs a year then they'll go out of business because their fans don't care enough to order them.