Heel dixie is she in charge or what?

Discuss the latest happenings in Impact Wrestling. Share your thoughts, opinions, etc...
AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Re: Heel dixie is she in charge or what?

Post by AndyF1069 » Sat May 03, 2014 8:29 pm

Don't
SpoilerShow
what
him :x
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

Little Jimmy
Hall Of Famer

Post by Little Jimmy » Sat May 03, 2014 8:40 pm

:oops:

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sun May 04, 2014 2:24 pm

Greg_McNeish wrote:And always have. TNA's entire history is an inexhaustive list of interesting premises, without the foresight, patience, or resolve to see anything through to fruition. Anything. Ever.
Which is the calling card of Vincent Russo. Still a consultant with TNA.
OneManX wrote:They should have a champion... with a big, bushy beard...

That will get the buys.
I had to laugh at this, because I think EY is a great guy, and deserved being handed the top belt of a national company, but as soon as I heard he got the belt, all I could think was the TNA bookers sitting around thinking. "Well, if WWE is making pure gold of their small, white, 30-something, bearded, underdog wrestler crusading as a champion, then we gotta have a small, white, 30-something, bearded, underdog wrestler crusading as a champion, who do we got that fits that mold? Eric Young you say? GIVE THAT MAN THE BELT!"

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Post by AndyF1069 » Sun May 04, 2014 2:44 pm

Some things I've read say that the reason he got the belt was 1. The show was a live impact and would be the only live impact in several weeks, this was their only chance to have a surprise without spoilers and 2. They wanted to take advantage of his ties with his animal planet show. Having the champion of the company on that show stands out more than just having a guy from their company on that show.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

Greg_McNeish
Twitter: GregMcNeishWV

Post by Greg_McNeish » Sun May 04, 2014 3:59 pm

I'm open to the notion that TNA didn't just put the title on Eric Young because he kinda looks like Bryan. They love trying to capitalise on hot things in WWE (like the cryptic videos that had everyone thinking of Sting, a couple years back), but that would be going above and beyond, even for them. Tying their title into the one guy they have doing something else in the media world makes sense, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. In the end, it was probably that both reasons were there that they went for it. Something of a perfect storm, if you will.

Oh, and blaming TNA's shitty booking on Vince Russo is letting too many other people off the hook. He's been in and out of the company a few times (just like he was in WCW), and the same problems of no foresight or commitment persist whether he's there or not (just like WCW). The details of how they manifest have his signature all over them when he's there, but just because it's someone else's shit when he's gone doesn't mean it's not shit.

Greg McNeish - Grand Chancellor

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sun May 04, 2014 4:29 pm

I never said it wasn't, I just pointed out that 'Interesting premises that never come to fruition" is Vince Russo's bread and butter. I never said no one else moved in on that market of "Idiot promoters flush with cash who'll give anyone that wrote for a major company the book" before, during or after, I'm just saying he's the most well known practitioner of the behavior.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

Little Jimmy
Hall Of Famer

Post by Little Jimmy » Sun May 04, 2014 4:44 pm

Years of scripting scantly clad women and men in spandex seems to take a toll on wrestling creative. After so many years it becomes exhausting to come up with original ideas. That's why we see so many on-screen weddings, screwjobs, etc. There's only so much you can do with the limited acting skills of most wrestlers, before you're going in circles.

Greg_McNeish

Post by Greg_McNeish » Sun May 04, 2014 4:47 pm

Which is why I'm in favour of non-wrestling writers taking care of the specifics, while "wrestling minds" stick to the overall direction, and making sure that everything jives with the unique elements of wrestling.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sun May 04, 2014 4:47 pm

Wrestling is entirely cyclical in nature as it is though.

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jama7301

Post by Jama7301 » Sun May 04, 2014 4:53 pm

Set people on fire. #ProblemSolver

Greg_McNeish

Post by Greg_McNeish » Sun May 04, 2014 5:05 pm

Especially midgets.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sun May 04, 2014 6:16 pm

Jama's a damn pioneer I tell ya.