Is Rob Van Dam the answer? to get things back in control?

Discuss the latest happenings in Impact Wrestling. Share your thoughts, opinions, etc...
isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Is Rob Van Dam the answer? to get things back in control?

Post by isrs4life » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:07 am

RVD is saying that while he was never pinned back at Bound For Glory 2010 in a match that envolved Anderson
For the TNA Word Championship.

If you could see RVD pushing his limit and making IW a better program could you see yourself watching it again?
I know Rob Van Dam isn't a bad wrestler at all.

After TNA got rid of Eric Bishoff could you really see Rob Van Dam being the top guy after Bobby Roode? I know Van Dam
was good like 10 years ago but if he thinks he has what it takes to be the main guy in the company and have that attitude
that he once had in ECW but do you think he can pull it off?

Please no Spam Videos in this thread!! it's a question and I know not all of you hate Van Dam.

Greg_McNeish
Twitter: GregMcNeishWV

Re: Is Rob Van Dam the answer? to get things back in control

Post by Greg_McNeish » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:26 am

RVD is shit in the ring, shit on the mic, a business disaster, and has failed to connect with the larger crowd every single time he's been pushed up the card.

So... no. I don't see those things you were saying.

Greg McNeish - Grand Chancellor

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:32 am

Greg_McNeish wrote:RVD is shit in the ring, shit on the mic, a business disaster, and has failed to connect with the larger crowd every single time he's been pushed up the card.

So... no. I don't see those things you were saying.
But, on the other hand...

What do you think about Bobby Roode? because he's been champ since last October.

Greg_McNeish
Twitter: GregMcNeishWV

Post by Greg_McNeish » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:22 am

Well, I haven't watched one second of TNA programming since December, so I'm hardly an expert, but I consider him okay-at-best. Got good charisma, but zero idea what to do with it. In the ring, while pretty much everything in TNA is stupid & insulting, Bobby Roode has always simply been boring. Like, shoot-myself-to-end-the-pain boring.

So... I guess that puts him near the top of the heap, in TNA....

Greg McNeish - Grand Chancellor

TheLyontamer

Post by TheLyontamer » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:49 am

I think RVD's got enough name value to be of use to a company like TNA. Certainly doesn't hurt to have him there, when you look at who else is on the roster. As for him being the answer to all of TNA's problems...

Doug_Lackey

Post by Doug_Lackey » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:54 am

Wasn't RVD supposed to be the answer to their problems 3 years ago when they tried airing their horrible fucking television programs on Mondays?

How did that turn out?

ImageImageImage
*********EMOTING: SKILL OF THE SAVIOR... YOU'RE WELCOME*********

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:19 am

Doug_Lackey wrote:Wasn't RVD supposed to be the answer to their problems 3 years ago when they tried airing their horrible fucking television programs on Mondays?

How did that turn out?

Whatever man

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Post by AndyF1069 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:03 am

They had the guy be anally massacred by Abyss because he had used up too many dates on his contract and didn't want him going over as it would have cost them too much. So due to no fault of his own, he gets stripped of the belt and taken off tv, and has barely been featured since. Don't have to like the guy, but thats a shitty deal for busting your ass. He had more of a big time feel than aj styles did who was the champ before him. Can't hurt to put him back on top.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:25 pm

RVD is a former big name in TNA who by some sort of miracle hasn't been tarnished by being associated with the product, (unlike say Angle or Sting) if they were to push a vet, RVD is their only option on the current roster.

I don't agree with the above analysis of Roode either. Roode's a fantastic guy, who like his tag partner, and his former Team Canada members, have tremendous talent and deserve their place at the top of the card. Unfortunately, that card is the awfully booked fecal storm called TNA.

I hate to keep reflecting WCW upon TNA, but here's another instance where it's too similar not to mention again. In WWE, they have a style of working, we all know this; That's why they have development, to train guys in their style. In WCW, they never had any one set style. They had a "Whatever works" style. Now that led to amazing matches between the Lucha, Puro and Hart (Jericho, Pillman, Benoit) workers, because they got to work their own style and really showcase it without any restraints; but on the flipside, you had new guys coming in from indies in the U.S, Canada and so on, that really didn't know how to present themselves on TV, and you had old workers who had grown accustomed to being told exactly what to do and how long to do it in WWE by vets of both wrestling in general and WWE's style.

There were some guys who shone and became the exceptions that proved the example, like Curt Hennig and Bret representing the vets and Raven and Dean Malenko proving the point for the younger workers. For the most part though, it resulted in guys like Nash, who were only presentable in the WWE because of how protected they were by both the workers they faced and the agents that worked out the match, all of a sudden get exposed entirely in WCW where the management never instigated any such protective measures.

That's exactly the problem you have with TNA. Kurt Angle is a prime example of this. He was thought to be one of the best workers in the world when he left the WWE. When he got to TNA however, he was exposed almost immediately as being nowhere near that, he had no safe guard of having agents tell him what do, of having other WWE style workers protect him in the match, and he was working guys who really had no indication of what to do to get a good match out him. Then you have guys like EY, Roode, Storm, and so forth who are great workers, but are still working their indy style, when to get over on TV in the U.S and Canada, you need to work the WWE style that fans have long be conditioned and accustomed to watching. The other main problematic difference between WWE and TNA is that in WWE, the guys know they're at the top of wrestling world. There's a bigger sense of team effort and camaraderie; in TNA, everyone wants to get their shit in and get themselves over ahead of the product. Why? Well the old guys want to keep themselves as over as they were in WWE (or WCW in Stings case) and the young guys want to get to the WWE.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

DaddyEccentric
Legend

Post by DaddyEccentric » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:48 pm

^^NAIL - HEAD
NAIL - HEAD
YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!!!

#NailHead

Robmayn
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: sRobXMayneZe

Post by Robmayn » Fri May 04, 2012 3:04 pm

Doug_Lackey wrote:Wasn't RVD supposed to be the answer to their problems 3 years ago when they tried airing their horrible fucking television programs on Mondays?

How did that turn out?

That's way better than TNA, they should hire that dog and turn him into World Champion.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:56 pm

I really thought RVD was the answer all he accomplished was holding the x-division belt for a few months.
Him being in control of TNA wow I cant believe I posted this.

DaddyEccentric
Legend

Post by DaddyEccentric » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:21 pm

What did you exactly mean by "control"?

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:20 pm

DaddyEccentric wrote:What did you exactly mean by "control"?
By taking control of the company I think Jarrett used control before.

DaddyEccentric
Legend

Post by DaddyEccentric » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:49 am

Why would they have RVD take control? lol

Robmayn
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: sRobXMayneZe

Post by Robmayn » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:21 pm

I think that a lot of casual WWE fans would say "RVWho?" by now. I mean, now that he is returning to WWE.