Your favourite TNA Fueds/Matches

Discuss the latest happenings in Impact Wrestling. Share your thoughts, opinions, etc...
Greg_McNeish
Twitter: GregMcNeishWV

Re: Your favourite TNA Fueds/Matches

Post by Greg_McNeish » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:43 am

starbucksaholic wrote:And you wonder why none of these guys are in the main event?
Except for the 3 future-World Champions in the match, right? :P

Greg McNeish - Grand Chancellor

starbucksaholic
VIP Member

Post by starbucksaholic » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:49 am

Main eventing in TNA is like being the main attraction at a garage concert. :P :P

starbucksaholic
VIP Member

Post by starbucksaholic » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:52 am

J/K... I think Bobby Roode and James Storm have become watchable performers. While Chris Sabin... yeah, garage band. :P

Greg_McNeish
Twitter: GregMcNeishWV

Post by Greg_McNeish » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:58 am

I fucking DESPISE watching Roode wrestle. He might be the most boring professional wrestler I've ever seen.

Greg McNeish - Grand Chancellor

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:00 pm

starbucksaholic wrote:What made that match soooo stupid is the same wrestlers in the match. Aside from Rikishi, NOONE in over a minute in the match made a freakin attempt at getting in the ring. Which is the object of the darn match. They're either pounding on other guys for no reason, or standing around like idiots (look at Lance Hoyt).

The thing about wrestling is: no matter how dumb the concept you're put in is, you have to make it work. In this case, pretty much none of these guys accomplished that. And you wonder why none of these guys are in the main event?
And then you had James Storm who doesn't fight a damn soul but is still waiting on the outside of the ring until there's only one more spot left in the ring, THEN he makes his move. Like, there was plenty of gaps if you waited, there's no way he was stuck in that spot with zero window of an opportunity.

But it's really matches like this that highlight the lack of continuity in TNA and how wrestlers just sort of do their own thing. Wrestlers have to be led in the right direction and where there is no direction, the wrestlers will more often than not just do whatever. But it is so evident that Sonjay Dutt just did not give one single fuck about TNA or this match. His slip and fall from trying to get in the ring with no one around him is unbelievable.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:01 pm

DaddyEccentric wrote:I watch part 1 AND part 2 of that, made me notice two things, 1) The crowd just made anything TNA did back then watchable compared to the tepid crowd these days AND Mike Tenay reminds me of Jerry Lawler, Lawler is always at his natural and comfortable best when he's with JR, and by watching this video, Tenay seems the most natural and comfortable when sided with Don West.
Except he's still a shitty announcer who didn't highlight three of the most important things in the damn match.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

Eboney
Mid Carder

Post by Eboney » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:25 pm

Goddamn it, Skip. Cleanse your mind of that bullshit and watch this:

So many things to love about this match:

1) In the pre-match interview, Harris makes mention of the ol' skool AMW shirt and the history of it. Harris rips the AMW at the chest, thus saying he is done with this shit.

2) It is one of the few matches in the iMPACT! Zone in which the crowd actually goes along with the heel/face dynamic. If this match had happened at the Fairgrounds, lives would've been destroyed.

3) Fuck headlocks and feeling out processes. These arsholes came to kill each other. The one moves where done with the intent to break a neck or bust a rib or just hurt the other arsehole.

4) Harris broke the redneck rule of "Don't drink another man's beer" as he Kamikaze'd his way from the top rope to the floor onto Storm somewhere in the crowd.

5) Storm broke the Muta scale.

6) Fake boobs do get involved, but the ho's actually add to the drama of the match. Who doesn't love women?

7) The ending was Harris SMASHING a beer bottle to Storm and he didn't just celebrate. He let the moment sink in before going for the pin. And as Storm fights the ten count, he drops like a knocked up 15 year drops out of high school.

The only down parts of this match was a) TNA shit all over it by cutting STRAIGHT to something else as Harris is barely standing from the pinfall and b) it happened in TNA. Tho TNA cutting straight away from a huge moment so some self-indulged asshole could talk has been a problem since Sting and Angle showed up..

The Nikki Bella~! Special

DaddyEccentric
Legend

Post by DaddyEccentric » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:07 pm

Yeah I mention this frequently, TNA does not do good "Let it sink in" moments.

And that match was one of the first matches I saw in TNA, it was pretty good.