Your favourite TNA Fueds/Matches

Discuss the latest happenings in Impact Wrestling. Share your thoughts, opinions, etc...
Slayer23
VIP Member

Your favourite TNA Fueds/Matches

Post by Slayer23 » Sun May 01, 2011 6:20 pm

So as we all know, everyone is so negative about TNA these days, and for good reason, but there was a time that i enjoyed TNA, and i'm sure a lot of yous did at one stage aswell, mine was 2008 and 2009.

MEM vs TNA Frontline
This could have been great, it started off so well, but this fallen to bad booking. I loved how Joe and Styles, the 2 biggest faces in TNA formed the Frontline to counteract the MEM, i loved even more how Rhino came in and took the reigns of the Frontline because not everyone could get along (Mostly the Machine Gymnists with everyone else). Unforunately with this there were problems, Sting could not get over as a heel, no-one bought into it at all, so they did the smart thing there and started fueding him with Kurt Angle, which was good, but it king of sucked to see the Frontline just fade away.

Beer Money vs LAX
Probably the best fued i saw in TNA, these teams worked so well together.

Mick Foley vs Jeff Jarrett
Loved this fued, probably one of the goofiest things that TNA has ever done but it was awesome.

Sting vs Jay Lethal
Probably the best match i ever saw in TNA, loved it and actually believed Lethal had a shot.

clepus
Rookie

Re: Your favourite TNA Fueds/Matches

Post by clepus » Tue May 03, 2011 11:05 am

ha since no tna matches are on the same level as the MOTY thread matches we should have a tna moty thread lol

i would like to nominate Gunner vs. Christopher Daniels TNA TV TITLE 4/28
-this match had some great cut off spots and gunner is a total psycho badass
Image ImageImage

TDFG
Rookie

Post by TDFG » Wed May 04, 2011 12:30 pm

I'd still like to see TNA bring back MEM, if they could work it into the storyline.

Sting, Angle, Steiner & Joe. MEM 2011.
Bret Hart: The best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.

clepus
Rookie

Post by clepus » Wed May 04, 2011 3:43 pm

tna and bring things/ppl/storylines back... na they need some thing new
Image ImageImage

Greg_McNeish
Twitter: GregMcNeishWV

Post by Greg_McNeish » Wed May 04, 2011 4:06 pm

Well, their new stuff sucks too, so you might as well have some bringing-back fun.

Greg McNeish - Grand Chancellor

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Wed May 04, 2011 5:27 pm

they brought back the 90's, how about next time they reboot they bring back the 50's?

Brandon Morrison - Chief of Staff and Forum Attaché to the Grand Chancellor

Slayer23
VIP Member

Post by Slayer23 » Wed May 04, 2011 8:20 pm

Maybe they should try bring back 2002-2009, way back before Hogan, Flair, Bischoff, Hardyz, RVD and Anderson came in, seriously, before Hogan came in, i considered TNA highly watchable and to a certain extent enjoyable. I haven't watched at all since Hogan came in, all i have to do is read the spoilers to know i don't want to watch, and there's the 2 TNA PPV's i've seen, Hardcore Justice and Victory road 2011, if there's any better way to turn someone off a product, you tell me, and it's not even because of the Jeff Hardy thing, tht's the only thing i enjoyed, it was heaps funny, the ultimate-X match did it for me, that's when i said i was done with TNA.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Thu May 05, 2011 5:27 pm

These were my favourite TNA Feuds of All time I would say.
AJ Styles&Jeff Jarrett
Raven&Jeff Jarrett
Christian&Abyss
Joe&Christian had a little something of an amuzement but not the best matches, thow.
AJ Styles&Christopher Daniels or Joe
Sting&Jeff Jarrett
Kurt Angle&Jeff Jarrett, yes it's been good then not good but all thow I like it.
Sting&AJ Styles
Mick Foley&Kevin Nash

Slayer23 wrote:MEM vs TNA Frontline
This could have been great, it started off so well, but this fallen to bad booking. I loved how Joe and Styles, the 2 biggest faces in TNA formed the Frontline to counteract the MEM, i loved even more how Rhino came in and took the reigns of the Frontline because not everyone could get along (Mostly the Machine Gymnists with everyone else). Unforunately with this there were problems, Sting could not get over as a heel, no-one bought into it at all, so they did the smart thing there and started fueding him with Kurt Angle, which was good, but it king of sucked to see the Frontline just fade away.
^
I'd throw in this to. It's a lot better then Immortal vs. Fortune.

Kurt Angle&Desmond Wolfe

Slayer23
VIP Member

Post by Slayer23 » Thu May 05, 2011 7:53 pm

MEM vs TNA Frontline was a good time for TNA, still no consistency unfortunately but i was looking just as forward to watching TNA as i was to watching RAW or Smackdown in those days.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:59 pm

Heres could be your better thread.

austinlegend
Curtain Jerker

Post by austinlegend » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:38 am

Raven v Jarrett - the Raven debut and subsequent storyline was awesome !!
Angle v Joe
Angle v McGuiness
Angle v Jarrett
MCMG v Beer Money
AMW v Team Canada
AMW v Triple X

Eboney
Mid Carder

Post by Eboney » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:41 pm

James Storm and Jeff Jarrett are easily the best wrestlers to ever compete for TNA/What's Its Name. AJ would be there too if he didn't spend a lot of time out monkeying the Spot Monkeys.

The Nikki Bella~! Special

DaddyEccentric
Legend

Post by DaddyEccentric » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:30 pm

I do enjoy Bobby Roode and Bad Influence, they are pretty sharp.

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:27 pm

So I watched TNA's Fight for the Right Tournament Reverse Battle Royal 3 Stages of whatever the fuck it's supposed to be match. I have to say, the match encapsulates everything that is wrong with TNA. Let me explain, so the match starts in stage 1 as a reverse battle royal where wrestlers have to go over the top rope into the ring. The first 8 to go into the ring then go into stage 2, which is an over the top rope battle royal. Then, when there are two wrestlers remaining, there is a stage 3 and it is a singles match. I'll explain what the winner gets in this mini review of the shit that happened:

(1) I actually want to applaud TNA for having the desire to try something different (reverse battle royal sounds like a good idea but in practice it's not), it's a stupid idea but at least they were doing something against the norm, which is what they need to do.

(2) The idea that wrestlers can't get in the ring for a reverse battle royal is ridiculous and it's just chaos on the outside of the ring. It's so hard to keep track of what's going on or who is even fighting who. Apparently Eric Young and Robert Roode were having a feud at this point but it wasn't mentioned by the broadcast team until AFTER the match had ended. Granted, this is at a PPV so only TNA fans would buy it, so they should know there's a feud, but that's something that should probably be mentioned during the match as a highlight point (especially being that they were the last two left). The first person in the ring was Fatu, the fattest man in the match, he weighs over 400 pounds, yet he was able to get into the ring easily, so shouldn't everyone be able to do this? Since they highlight so much of this match about it being tough to get into the ring and the fighting on the floor wears you out, shouldn't the fat wrestler be one of the last ones in? This should be a disadvantage for him to climb over the top rope to get into the ring, nope, he just fought for 15 seconds and got into the ring. The spot where Kaz hits that flipping Rock Bottom (IDK the real name don't kill me) off the top rope on Robert Roode is a stupid spot too, there's no reason for it, they should just both tip their hat to the other and get in the ring being that Fatu was the only one in the ring at that point.

(3) When the wrestlers finally got in the ring (it's now time for STAGE 2!!), on a number of occasions wrestlers would leap over the top rope to stand on the apron to wait to execute a move. This was never highlighted by the announce team, it led to Chris Sabin's elimination (and if you weren't paying attention to Sabin at that point you'd question whether he was even eliminated in the first place) and Alex Shelley was eliminated in a similar manner (Robert Roode picked him up and ended up only being able to put him over the top rope onto the apron, instead of getting back in the ring or trying to get back in the ring, Shelley decided to climb to the top rope and was then eliminated when Roode threw Young into Shelley - this was a unique elimination just in how Young was thrown into Shelley, but Shelley should have been smarter). The way Fatu is eliminated is ridiculous, the idea that 6 wrestlers can't pick up Fatu and need a step up drop kick from Chris Sabin to eliminate him is stupid.

(4) So they altered the rules and setup for it this time around. The winner of the Fight for the Right tournament didn't get a bye to the finals, they became the #1 seed, where Eric Young has to face James Storm, then the winner of the 4-5, then the winner of Robert Roode's section of the bracket (who I think has to face Fatu as well, so he's been disadvantaged too). So literally there is no point to the damn match, it's not like Eric Young gets homefield advantage, he has to wrestle 1 more match in the tournament than anyone else (if he got to the final). Seeding would be relevant if TNA didn't book everyone as the same level but that's it. They may as well have drawn 8 names out of a hat for seeding because there's no damn point to this stupid match.

(5) It is very difficult to watch, you get worn out from trying to keep up with everything.

---------

Here's how the rest of the tournament went after this match:

8 seed James Storm beat 1 seed Eric Young (so much for winning that convoluted match)
5 seed Frankie Kazarian beat 4 seed Lance Hoyt (seeding doesn't mean one damn thing)
3 seed Chris Sabin and 6 seed Alex Shelley fought to a no contest and were replaced in the next round by Christian Cage who was never in the damn match.
7 seed Fatu beat 2 seed Robert Roode but then was replaced by Chris Harris, a man who couldn't even get in the fucking ring during stage 1.

So in the end, it didn't even matter. All this happened for nothing, there was no payoff. Eric Young defies the odds and gets beaten in round 1.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

DaddyEccentric
Legend

Post by DaddyEccentric » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:32 pm

TNA RULLLLESSZ1!!

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:47 pm

Holy shit, something I just noticed in that reverse battle royal as it was pointed out to me somewhere else, Sonjay Dutt has no one within 15 feet of him, he climbs up to the apron, slips and falls to the floor. It is one of the funniest things I've ever seen on a wrestling show. Look at the upper left corner of the hexagon shaped ring. It is ROFLcopter type of hilarity imo. Fast forward to 4:50.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

Greg_McNeish
Twitter: GregMcNeishWV

Post by Greg_McNeish » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:50 pm

Is there comedy value in watching the whole thing, knowing going in that it's all kinds of horrible?

Greg McNeish - Grand Chancellor

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:52 pm

Nah, it's more mind numbingly stupid, I wouldn't recommend it. I'd suggest just watching for Sonjay to slip and fall off the ring as he was trying to get in.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

DaddyEccentric
Legend

Post by DaddyEccentric » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:52 am

I watch part 1 AND part 2 of that, made me notice two things, 1) The crowd just made anything TNA did back then watchable compared to the tepid crowd these days AND Mike Tenay reminds me of Jerry Lawler, Lawler is always at his natural and comfortable best when he's with JR, and by watching this video, Tenay seems the most natural and comfortable when sided with Don West.

starbucksaholic
VIP Member

Post by starbucksaholic » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:40 am

What made that match soooo stupid is the same wrestlers in the match. Aside from Rikishi, NOONE in over a minute in the match made a freakin attempt at getting in the ring. Which is the object of the darn match. They're either pounding on other guys for no reason, or standing around like idiots (look at Lance Hoyt).

The thing about wrestling is: no matter how dumb the concept you're put in is, you have to make it work. In this case, pretty much none of these guys accomplished that. And you wonder why none of these guys are in the main event?