TNA Superstars failed to impact in WWE

Discuss the latest happenings in Impact Wrestling. Share your thoughts, opinions, etc...
conanheiji
Curtain Jerker

TNA Superstars failed to impact in WWE

Post by conanheiji » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:57 am

CM Punk is the only superstar from TNA success in WWE.

Frankie Kazarian is in WWE only for a short while in 2005.

One of the greatest tag teams in TNA - The Naturals used as the jobbers and squashed by Big Show.

Chris Harris, one half of another one of the greatest tag team in TNA - AMW used as Braden Walker in ECW, only lasted a few weeks and leave.

Monty Brown used as Marcus Cor Von in ECW, looked impressive in ECW for a few month, but faded out soon.

Now will Awesome Kong, now using a name Kharma in WWE, either make success or just impress briefly then disappear from WWE soon.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Re: TNA Superstars failed to impact in WWE

Post by isrs4life » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:01 pm

HUH
CM Punk was barely in TNA
I think CM Punk was only on 2 episodes of TNA back in 2003 as a Ring of Honor Wrestler.

God, I don't think CM Punk would go back to TNA and he was never really in TNA he was more knowned
as a Ring of Honor great.

God, Get your Story straight Conanheiji

and

Monty Brown left TNA after went to WWE and never went back to TNA either.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sat May 28, 2011 11:54 am

By that logic we could also say the Evan Bourne is a TNA Superstar, he appeared on one of their weekly PPV's in an X-Div battle royal under his indy name, Matt Sydal. He also did a boatload of Xplosion tapings, and made an appearance or two on the early Impact episodes.

Likewise with Mickie James, she was Alexis Laree in TNA with Raven's flock (which also included Mr. Punk) long before she was Mickie in the WWE, it only lasted for a few months in the Spring of '03.

You also forgot R-Truth who was Ron "The Truth" Killings in TNA, even held their world title in the early going. He was also K-Kwik for a cup of coffee before that in the fed.

As for Punk's actual run in TNA, it lasted from July of '03 to February of '04, so he was there for a while. Never held any titles though, but if you can get your hands on his old TNA stuff it's worth a watch.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sat May 28, 2011 12:28 pm

Almost forgot Lance Hoyt, who was Vance Archer in WWE. They dropped the ball with him after they closed WWECW's doors.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

AussiePride
Developmental Talent

Post by AussiePride » Sat May 28, 2011 9:58 pm

Low ki/Senshi anyone?? The guy was booked to just loose the majority of matches he was in.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sat May 28, 2011 10:50 pm

Another one I forgot, that seemed like it was building toward something with him winning NXT, what, we'll never know, but from what I could gather he was likely to be pushed as an underdog.

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Sun May 29, 2011 12:19 pm

AussiePride wrote:Low ki/Senshi anyone?? The guy was booked to just loose the majority of matches he was in.
He was but as El Canuck pointed out, they wanted to build him up as a sympathetic underdog, with quite a bite. They always would put over his unorthodox style, and that he can get you out of nowhere. The biggest problem for Low Ki was that Daniel Bryan is doing close to the same thing, and he's the better worker. Low Ki did a decent job, had some decent matches, cut some decent promos, but he never really made an impact (pun not intended).

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sun May 29, 2011 12:49 pm

He's also one of the rare ones that asked for his own release. MVP and Matt Hardy did that too...MVP! Another guy who went to TNA first, albeit a single Xplosion taping and a single Impact taping, both under the name, Antonio Banks.

DaddyEccentric
Legend

Post by DaddyEccentric » Mon May 30, 2011 10:55 am

I still think Braden Walker's epic World Heavyweight title win over Triple is the best thing that ever happened! Teary eyed atm!!

dwayne_dread
Mid Carder

Post by dwayne_dread » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:45 pm

I'm thinking currently R Truth aka The Truth is making the most significant Impact out of the ex-TNA bunch (if we only count post Spike TV deal).

Truth and Punk are the only guys to really ascend far in general.

If Matt Morgan is ex-WWE than CM Punk is ex-TNA. Morgan was in WWE for a cup of coffee (like 2 storylines worth) and all people talked about was him being ex WWE.

dbe451
Developmental Talent

Post by dbe451 » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:47 am

I think the reason we see guys like Kaz come from TNA to WWE and not getting far is because of their work ethic and mentality. I don't think some of these guys want to be on the road 300 days a year, they don't want to be told what to do, they don't want to conform. They want to be themselves. They are indy wrestlers who get on TV with Hulk Hogan every week and think they have made the big time.

kids #dontbelikelowki