What makes TNA good?

Discuss the latest happenings in Impact Wrestling. Share your thoughts, opinions, etc...
EaglePride
Developmental Talent

Re: What makes TNA good?

Post by EaglePride » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:19 am

So you are saying you aren't partial to the WWE in anyway over TNA? Come on Hunter.

Reporting the news and being partial to it's views as a columnist are two entirely diff things.

Ok but what does that have to do with the individual personal feelings about the product itself. No one is arguing that TNA is better then the WWE in ratings or profit wise in those acutal figure areas.

So you calling people basically morons for watching TNA isn't slamming on the people that watch it because they watch TNA? I mean you slam TNA every chance you get.

Partial towards the WWE. I mean it's obv. In the way things are expressed and viewed, but like i said there is nothing wrong with that, because you favor the WWE personally over TNA and the fan base in here consist of WWE fans a lot more then they do TNA fans.

Where did I say anything about the WWE hating on TNA? I love how you tried to twist my words into something I said nothing about. I simply stated that this site is more partial in favor of WWE more then anything else. Seriously lets not talk about ignorance, because it's true, the Vast majority of wrestling fans here are WWE fans.

Hold on a second Nash and Sting where all in their mid 40's and were in decent shape and people were still slamming on them for wrestling still over in TNA.

Wow that is not even remotely close. Way to take what i'm saying completely out of content. We go from being partial to the WWE because you favor the product to Nazi's that killed millions of innocent people. That's really reaching for substance. That's almost ridiculous as you stating because you watch one thing you can base someone whole entire well being on.

And Again stats and actual personal feelings over something that you are partial for are two entirely diff things. I don't see how this can be hard to figure out.

Where am I running for the hills? LOL I already stated how this forum favors to the WWE base, because there are a lot more wrestling fans here that are partial towards the product then anything else. Those are the initial statements and i have stuck by them since the debate began. Which I clearly stated there was nothing wrong with that just making a simple oberservation. Furthermore I already clearly stated in my last post what i think the positives of TNA are and what are watchable in my oberservation. Do people just read what they want to read?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The key word is partial. Are you not partially inclined to favor the WWE over TNA? Yes. Why? Because you favor the product over TNA's product. Again i never said there was anything wrong with being bias because you are partial to something you like to watch. Many of you have seemed to take what i was saying completely out of content as if I was insulting you for being bias towards something. I mean seriously.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Um did you not read my last post where i showed you where i thought the positives were for TNA and i even added what i thought were the negatives. too bot so how did i not answer the question again? LOL.
Dynasty wrote:My girlfriend is Jewish
towney007 wrote:No one who spends hours researching old threads to put together in a quasi history of your posting on a wrestling forum has a girlfriend.

Doug_Lackey

Post by Doug_Lackey » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:22 am

Could someone explain to me the differences between being a ‘WWE Fan’ and being a ‘Professional Wrestling Fan’?

How can a website be biased towards an organization when the amount of content on its main site (this includes news, reviews, and columns) are equal in frequency with regards to the companies and federations spoken of?

When is a message board or forum considered just as powerful as a news source?

A website, company, or organization cannot be seen as biased just because of the viewpoints of their consumers, subscribers, or in this case, forum posters. If this was the case, then imagine the number of times you could accuse McDonald’s of being biased towards Burger King, or Nintendo biased towards Sony.

Accusations of bias make absolutely no sense whatsoever when it comes to a forum like this and the industry that we love to talk about. What we say or do on a message board is by no means detrimental to any company for it to even be considered ‘bias’.

What strikes me the most is that usually the ones who point fingers at those who don’t agree with their opinions about TNA and claim bias for/against one company or another… these people are also the ones that believe that they are actually part of TNA as a product. Finger pointers and blind accusers firmly believe they have become TNA’s street team & feel a strong sense of duty or justice for defending them.

Look, I have no problem with what anyone deems as entertainment or not. If you like TNA, I’m not going to try to steer you away from it, I’m only going to tell you how I feel about it. If you don’t agree with it, it’s all fine and good with me. It’s called being an individual. If everyone agreed with everything I said, life would be pretty goddamn boring.
But if you believe what I say is ‘bias’, then you are subconsciously believing two things:

1 – What I say has an everlasting effect on the professional wrestling industry because I am considered a ‘trusted’ name in said industry. What I say affects not just TV ratings, but box office gates and merchandise sales.

2 – You are just as much part of TNA as I or anyone else in this forum is a part of WWE, according to your claims of bias and partiality. Since I am worshipping the ground WWE walks on and kicking the same ground in TNA’s face, I am causing the demise of TNA. However, to counter this premature departure, you are ‘siding’ with them so that they may stay alive.
ImageImageImage
*********EMOTING: SKILL OF THE SAVIOR... YOU'RE WELCOME*********

foleyisgood
Developmental Talent

Post by foleyisgood » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:44 am

Seems to me that someone has the words 'preference' and 'bias' mixed up.
TVS wrote:
Now shine our shoes, peasants.
Thanks to CBW for the sig, awesome dude!

EaglePride
Developmental Talent

Post by EaglePride » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:03 am

Lets see you are a fan of wrestling that is inclined to watching one org over the other.

How are you confusing news reporting and columnist views? Two diff things in which i'm referring too.

Are you telling me that most columnist on WV do not favor the WWE over any other wrestling org what so ever in their inputs? You even have columnist that work for WV say that that there is a partial atomphere in here in regards to how the WWE is represented over any other org. I'm def not the only one that sees that. Are you telling me that the vast majority of fans in here aren't WWE fans that don't favor the WWE over another org? Come on.
Who said it was?

So Fox News and MSNBC doesn't reach out and cater towards their bias based audience? Really............

So slamming a product for the sake of slamming it because you don't like it is in no way shape or forum biased to it? Ok...........

Where am i claiming anything in regards to defending either or? LOL seriously people just read into things that they want to. I never claimed I was backing any org nore i never implied that. I simply stated for the 5th time that people tend to favor a product over another product and are partial to it regardless of what of org you are for. I watch the WWE more so then i do TNA and i can admit it (which some of you still can't) and i'm partial to the WWE, but at the same time give credit to TNA in areas where I think they should be credited for and not just slam them for everything because i hate TNA and want to see them fail.

See this is what i don't get. How can someone correlate me saying that they are partial towards something because they favor it equal to hating something else. I never made those claims. There is a fine line between being in favor of something over something else and being completely degrading.

No. Having a prefrence by favoring something is a form of being partial towards something.
towney007 wrote:No one who spends hours researching old threads to put together in a quasi history of your posting on a wrestling forum has a girlfriend.

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:09 am

Preference - that which is preferred. Ex) His preference is vanilla, not chocolate

Bias (v) - to cause partially or favoritism in (a person); influence, especially unfairly. Ex) A tearful plea designed to bias a jury.

Preference is for an OUTSIDER of the company. Wrestleview.com doesn't get paid by the WWE last I heard. If Wrestleview was paid by the WWE then EaglePride, you could say this is a biased website. However, since WV.com, and it's forums are a separate entity, what any of us write is our opinion, and we generally write is what we prefer. This website posts WWE news, TNA news, ROH news, and even Indy news. This shows the website is neutral and willing to post on any news in the wrestling business. Which is extremely far from a bias.

This does not show a BIAS, however, a BIAS would be if WV.com posted only WWE news, and no TNA news at all, and then continued to write TNA hating columns to skew the reader's opinion on a product, THAT WOULD BE A BIAS. When I say I don't like TNA's current product, it is not a biased opinion, it is a PREFERENCE!

For example, if Doug Lackey writes an article that goes after the storyline creating of TNA. He is not trying to sway another person's thinking. He is writing in his own opinion on what he does not like about TNA. Lackey prefers the WWE to TNA, this is not a BIAS, but a PREFERENCE! Even if Lackey writes another article two days later praising the Nexus angle in the WWE, it is still not showing a bias towards TNA. It is showing one man's opinion on something, he isn't trying to force you to think like him.

I just saw your last post and your last sentence shows you won't be able to grasp this concept EaglePride. You need to see how the verb form of bias does not mean that anything you are partial to means you are biased to it.

*Credit to Foleyisgood for giving me the idea of this post*

My class next semester will be Spell Check 101, for those who seem to forget that it is on the computer. Thank you all and good luck on finals.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

EaglePride
Developmental Talent

Post by EaglePride » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:26 am

So what are you saying you are not partial to a flavor because you like it more then another flavor which is why you preferred it over the other flavors in the first place? Same thing.

What does that have anything to do with being partial towards something. There are plenty of websites that are partial towards something and they aren't getting paid for it by the companies or anything else that they are inclined to support.

This is becoming redundant. Posting news and columnist and fan views are two totally diff things. I cannot stress that enough.

Who said he was? Seriously. What does individualism by being partial towards something have anything to do with him trying to sway people into his way of thinking? I never claimed anything of such matter. You don't have to sway people into your train of thought.

Yeah you're right that's why i gave a prime example based on the def in my prior post on bias and it's relation to partial.

EaglePride
Developmental Talent

Post by EaglePride » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:54 am

I just don't understand why the people that are in defense of what i'm saying can't honestly admit that they are partial, because by being in such defense, it shows to me that what i'm saying has some truth behind it. I mean, I admitted that i'm partial to the WWE programming over TNA's, why is that soo hard for those in defence to admit the same? I mean if you're partial just come out and say it already there isn't anything wrong with it.

Hotoro
Developmental Talent

Post by Hotoro » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:13 am

Even if a person is partial to something (say, a sports team), that does not render them incapable of being objective when considering/discussing other teams. The assumption of bias due to preference is the assumption that each and every person you're talking about is so swayed by their love of WWE that it has rendered them incapable of coming up with an opinion 'uninfluenced by emotions or personal prejudices' (def: objective) when it comes to TNA. That's not only a considerable and entirely illogical stretch; its also rather insulting. You're generalizing, Eagle. You don't know the basis behind the respective arguments and have no way of knowing, with certainty, whether or not another poster is looking at TNA from an objective point of view.

Not too long ago you were getting on Towney's case for generalizing and saying, according to your interpretation of his words, that all TNA fans must be stupid because they watch TNA/that TNA fans are bad people because they watch/enjoy a company that allows older wrestlers to endanger themselves and whatnot. You argued against this because it was a generalization and he had no way of knowing their level of intelligence/morality, and no truly logical basis on which to make said claim with certainty.

Your current argument is no different.

Omegabyss

Post by Omegabyss » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:31 am

Just give up guys, no use trying to prove your valid points.

EaglePride
Developmental Talent

Post by EaglePride » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:42 am

I'm not saying that just because people are partial towards something that it means that they have no independent train of thought of their own for the reasons why they are partial at all. You can be partial towards something and have a clear understanding into why you are partial about it with your own independent train of thought. I mean if i'm partial for or against something I have my own reasons based on my own independent train of thought for being partial for or against it.

Those are two diff references. One was saying that you base someones entire well being off of one show. The other says that you are partial to something because you favor it over something else in regards to your own reasoning for it.

I'm not disputing people on what they think, i'm just clearly implying that if you are partial about something then there is nothing wrong with it. like as i feel that this is site is more partial towards the WWE more so then any other org when it comes to views on the product. I know there is a nice sum of you on this post that don't agree and that's fine. I'm not blasting anyone for being partial, because i'm partial too. I was just simply making an observation that seemed to have gotten some people in here defenseful, which was not my intentions at all.
Last edited by EaglePride on Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:48 am, edited 4 times in total.

Malice
Mid Carder

Post by Malice » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:45 am

To quote Tazz (who is coincidentally part of TNA's sinking ship):

"He's starting to get fusstrated."

Eagle just doesn't get it. I'm done with this.
LORDmalice.
The IWC marks out for me.

EaglePride
Developmental Talent

Post by EaglePride » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:51 am

I get what you are implying fully about this site based on your views, but I just respectfully disagree. I have just seen too many objective thoughts and views to see it diff then some of you guys do I suppose. I respect all of you guys views, I just seem to see it diff.

Good debating with you guys. It's refreshing to have a civil debate without people resorting to immature kids about it.

OneManX
Title Contender

Post by OneManX » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:15 am

/locks thread.
Co-Host of the WV Independent Roundtable

Master of Satsui no Hadou

ImageImage
YAO~!

Malice
Mid Carder

Post by Malice » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:59 am

OneManX wrote:Image

/locks thread.
Fail picture.
LORDmalice.
The IWC marks out for me.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:52 pm

This is about the nicest information i've read about TNA in the last 2 or 3 years ago.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:57 pm

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

starbucksaholic
VIP Member

Post by starbucksaholic » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:29 pm

isrs4life wrote:This is about the nicest information i've read about TNA in the last 2 or 3 years ago.
https://twitter.com/#!/juanisraelortiz/ ... 6741489664 ... a little business lesson for you and TNA

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:08 am

Fuck, why bother posting in the TNA forum? if you are just going to spam the boards.
I see there are other TNA Forums to go to but people should be going here the most.
I see theres impactinsider.com and pwsforums plus wrestlingforum has quite abit of TNA Talk
on there but this forum could be good again. If there were some accually TNA lovers in here.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:38 am

isrs4life wrote:Fuck, why bother posting in the TNA forum? if you are just going to spam the boards.
I see there are other TNA Forums to go to but people should be going here the most.
I see theres impactinsider.com and pwsforums plus wrestlingforum has quite abit of TNA Talk
on there but this forum could be good again. If there were some accually TNA lovers in here.
Dude shut the fuck up. You bitched forever about how no one posted in the TNA forum, so we're posting in it. When TNA stops being full of horseshit then I'll stop spamming it and take it seriously. The only good things about TNA are Bully Ray, Eric Young, and ODB and her massive boobs. Thats it! So again when TNA stops being full of shit I'll stop trolling it until then

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:34 am

Big slim wrote:
isrs4life wrote:Fuck, why bother posting in the TNA forum? if you are just going to spam the boards.
Dude shut the fuck up. You bitched forever about how no one posted in the TNA forum, so we're posting in it. When TNA stops being full of horseshit then I'll stop spamming it and take it seriously. The only good things about TNA are Bully Ray, Eric Young, and ODB and her massive boobs. Thats it! So again when TNA stops being full of shit I'll stop trolling it until then
Maybe you should, and not respond to other posters on the board that way.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.