What makes TNA good?

Discuss the latest happenings in Impact Wrestling. Share your thoughts, opinions, etc...
User avatar
Malice
Mid Carder
Posts: 1763
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:41 pm
Location: Tucson, Arizona

Re: What makes TNA good?

Post by Malice » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:00 am

EaglePride wrote:It's a favorable view towards the WWE because they like it which tends to make you a biased for the product and there isn't anything wrong with it at all.
That's just stupid dude. You need to learn what bias is. Being bias is just taking a side without backing it up. It's basically like having a blind opinion towards something, and I don't think anyone here does that. Even Elix, who is the biggest TNA hater has his reasons and he has valid one's at that. As does everyone else here. We have our reasons. It's not like I hate TNA just to hate it. That's just stupid.

And in no way, shape, or FUCKING form is WV biased. They have the recap on the main page. They have TNA news including story ideas, contract updates, injury updates, etc. Some of the columnists cover TNA as well. Truthfully, if we're discussing being bias, you fit that mold more than we do because you're somewhat blinding bashing WrestleView which in my experience of wrestling sites and forums is one of the least if not least biased site there is. They cover REAL news, not rumors, and everyone on the forums are actually pretty intelligent with their remarks.
LORDmalice.
The IWC marks out for me.
Image

User avatar
OneManX
Title Contender
Posts: 2633
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:55 pm
Location: Temecula, CA
Contact:

Re: What makes TNA good?

Post by OneManX » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:39 am

I like Cookies more than Cake... so i'm biased against cake



Case closed.
Co-Host of the WV Independent Roundtable

Image
Master of Satsui no Hadou

ImageImage
YAO~!

User avatar
towney007
Site Admin
Posts: 6599
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:16 am
Location: Springfield, MA
Contact:

Re: What makes TNA good?

Post by towney007 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:15 pm

Well when you tend to favor a product regardless if it does good or bad and defend it, that's being biased towards it and i've seen it on here in regards to the WWE a lot vs TNA where you have people that come in here for the sole propose to bash TNA regardless of what they do which goes beyond observation of a product. It's been that way on here for years in regards to TNA.
I'm sorry but that doesn't make any sense. So I guess ESPN is biased towards the San Fransisco Giants because they said (and actually did) play better baseball than the Texas Rangers did in the World Series?

Talk about a misnomer. Again, it's all chasing tails. Deflecting people's substantive arguments about TNA wrestling by claiming a web site is 'biased' or saying 'the other dude does it too' isn't defending TNA. It's avoiding the debate, which seems to be TNA proponents' favorite past time.


And as for Flair and the WWE, it's a completely different situation. He wasn't financially desperate, was in reasonably good health and working a very limited schedule for the last five years or so of his career with fewer and fewer dates as the years dragged on. They gave him one last strong storyline and sent him packing, knowing he shouldn't have been in the ring. End of story. They cut him off.

TNA on the other hand is using a guy who's financially desperate and allowing him to obliterate himself physically in order to try and squeeze every last drop out of his name value. And it's not just Flair - it's half of the roster. It's embarrassing for pro wrestling.
Image

sarcy

Re: What makes TNA good?

Post by sarcy » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:31 pm

OneManX wrote:I like Cookies more than Cake... so i'm biased against cake
You, sire, are a good man. Cookies are way better than cake.

User avatar
Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 20885
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:56 pm
Twitter: Jamel727
Location: Mesa, Arizona

Re: What makes TNA good?

Post by Big slim » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:17 pm

^
Depends on the cake, cause i'll take cheesecake over cookies anytime.
Image


Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

User avatar
Malice
Mid Carder
Posts: 1763
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:41 pm
Location: Tucson, Arizona

Re: What makes TNA good?

Post by Malice » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:26 pm

Big slim wrote:^
Depends on the cake, cause i'll take cheesecake over cookies anytime.
Agreed.
LORDmalice.
The IWC marks out for me.
Image

The1_and?
Posts: 496
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:30 am

Re: What makes TNA good?

Post by The1_and? » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:31 pm

I guess I like WWE more cause its calmer. It dosent seem like they think there good. TNA are getting all these big names and stuff and making all these claims to "change wrestling forever" but they dont need to.

There in panic mode for no reason.

And I think Eric Bitchoff thinks hes cool and stuff, its very annoying.

sarcy

Re: What makes TNA good?

Post by sarcy » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:52 pm

Big slim wrote:^
Depends on the cake, cause i'll take cheesecake over cookies anytime.
Another valid point.. But I just brought one of these bad boys:

Image

Unlike the old farts in TNA, those are just as good as I remember them as a little girl in Denver. haha

User avatar
EaglePride
Developmental Talent
Posts: 407
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:23 am
Location: U.S.A.

Re: What makes TNA good?

Post by EaglePride » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:26 pm

That's just stupid dude. You need to learn what bias is. Being bias is just taking a side without backing it up. It's basically like having a blind opinion towards something, and I don't think anyone here does that. Even Elix, who is the biggest TNA hater has his reasons and he has valid one's at that. As does everyone else here. We have our reasons. It's not like I hate TNA just to hate it. That's just stupid.
I clearly understand what bias is do you?

Bias - is an inclination to present or hold a partial perspective at the expense of (possibly equally valid) alternatives. Bias can come in many forms.

Key word there is partial.
And in no way, shape, or FUCKING form is WV biased. They have the recap on the main page. They have TNA news including story ideas, contract updates, injury updates, etc. Some of the columnists cover TNA as well. Truthfully, if we're discussing being bias, you fit that mold more than we do because you're somewhat blinding bashing WrestleView which in my experience of wrestling sites and forums is one of the least if not least biased site there is. They cover REAL news, not rumors, and everyone on the forums are actually pretty intelligent with their remarks.

Where am I bashing WV? Seriously.. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with favoring one side over the other so how am I being biased towards it? And what does the news section have anything to do with the majority of people on here in which we are talking about favoring WWE over TNA. You obv read only what you want to read in my post.

I'm sorry but that doesn't make any sense. So I guess ESPN is biased towards the San Fransisco Giants because they said (and actually did) play better baseball than the Texas Rangers did in the World Series?

Um no because they based that on acutal facts and figures. What do you want them to say that they didn't play better then the Giants when the Giants beat them 4 games to 1?
Talk about a misnomer. Again, it's all chasing tails. Deflecting people's substantive arguments about TNA wrestling by claiming a web site is 'biased' or saying 'the other dude does it too' isn't defending TNA. It's avoiding the debate, which seems to be TNA proponents' favorite past time.



So what you are saying that WV in generel is in no way shape or form pratial to the WWE in anyway and they call it straight down the middle with both wrestling org with their annalist. Oh come on. You even got some annalist on this site that has said that this website when analyzing the WWE how there is partial biased towards the product. I'm not avoding anything it's true the majority of fans on here are partial to the WWE the majority of annalist on here are partial to the WWE. I never said there was anything wrong with that, just stating the obv.


And as for Flair and the WWE, it's a completely different situation. He wasn't financially desperate, was in reasonably good health and working a very limited schedule for the last five years or so of his career with fewer and fewer dates as the years dragged on. They gave him one last strong storyline and sent him packing, knowing he shouldn't have been in the ring. End of story. They cut him off.

And he was still over the age of 50 when he was wrestling in the WWE, If wrestlers over the age of 50 are wrestling in TNA regardless of how good they are shape wise, you'd be hearing a lot of negative remarks about it. Two way street.
TNA on the other hand is using a guy who's financially desperate and allowing him to obliterate himself physically in order to try and squeeze every last drop out of his name value. And it's not just Flair - it's half of the roster. It's embarrassing for pro wrestling.

Half the roster?
Image
Dynasty wrote:My girlfriend is Jewish
towney007 wrote:No one who spends hours researching old threads to put together in a quasi history of your posting on a wrestling forum has a girlfriend.

User avatar
Malice
Mid Carder
Posts: 1763
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:41 pm
Location: Tucson, Arizona

Re: What makes TNA good?

Post by Malice » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:13 pm

Eagle, you said:
Eagle Pride wrote:Well when you tend to favor a product regardless if it does good or bad and defend it, that's being biased towards it and i've seen it on here in regards to the WWE a lot vs TNA where you have people that come in here for the sole propose to bash TNA regardless of what they do which goes beyond observation of a product. It's been that way on here for years in regards to TNA.
I was Editor in Chief of my high school newspaper. It was a reputable high school newspaper that won best high school paper in the state of Arizona. Take that for what it is. I know it's not the New York Times, but I had extensive training and experience in writing for 4 years so I do know what bias is. I don't use Wikipedia pages that can be altered and aren't factual to get the definition of bias. We covered a great deal of time over what bias is and what you're claiming the WrestleView forums of is not bias. It just isn't. I don't know how any of us can explain it further. It's like Towney said with his ESPN example. It's pretty much equivalent to your example.

How are we biased against TNA? It's clear as day. Ratings, merchandise sales, global touring, buyrates, etc etc. Those aren't opinions. Those are facts. Not only that, but even from an opinion standpoint. It would be biased if I had never seen a TNA show or match or any footage whatsoever and claimed TNA sucks. That's being biased. But our opinions are based on facts and we form them intelligently by understanding the entire business and watching the show. We're not blindly hating TNA.

I'll give you the part about me claiming you were biased. I take that back because I did think you were talking about WrestleView in general and not just the forums so just forget I even said it, but dude, how are our forums biased? I just don't see it. Hell, I watched TNA more than I watched WWE in 05 so it's really not like I'm just saying what I think about TNA because I have loyalty elsewhere or because I like pissing off TNA fans.
LORDmalice.
The IWC marks out for me.
Image

User avatar
EaglePride
Developmental Talent
Posts: 407
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:23 am
Location: U.S.A.

Re: What makes TNA good?

Post by EaglePride » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:12 pm

Those figures were based on actual wins and stats thats diff over favoring something.

Ok well if you don't think that it isn't partial then obv you are looking at it from a favorable viewpoint much like a conservative or a liberal looks at the way the view things is the right way and what's good for the country.

thing ish how can you base an observation based on personal feelings and say that's unbiased If you claim that TNA sucks and you never give any credit to them for anything that's obv being biased. As much as i don't care for what a lot of things TNA does i'll at least give them some positives in certain areas of the product. You can't just continuosly slam a product and say well I'm not being biased in anyway.


Look at the majority of fans in here that consist of WWE fans vs TNA fans i mean, surely the WWE fans far outweigh the TNA fans in here which would make this forum partial towards the WWE base. And that's fine. Like I said there is nothing wrong with being partial towards something or in favor of something over something else.
Image
Dynasty wrote:My girlfriend is Jewish
towney007 wrote:No one who spends hours researching old threads to put together in a quasi history of your posting on a wrestling forum has a girlfriend.

User avatar
Omegabyss
Posts: 265
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:53 pm
Location: Texas Tech
Contact:

Re: What makes TNA good?

Post by Omegabyss » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:59 pm

EaglePride wrote:Those figures were based on actual wins and stats thats diff over favoring something.

Ok well if you don't think that it isn't partial then obv you are looking at it from a favorable viewpoint much like a conservative or a liberal looks at the way the view things is the right way and what's good for the country.

thing ish how can you base an observation based on personal feelings and say that's unbiased If you claim that TNA sucks and you never give any credit to them for anything that's obv being biased. As much as i don't care for what a lot of things TNA does i'll at least give them some positives in certain areas of the product. You can't just continuosly slam a product and say well I'm not being biased in anyway.


Look at the majority of fans in here that consist of WWE fans vs TNA fans i mean, surely the WWE fans far outweigh the TNA fans in here which would make this forum partial towards the WWE base. And that's fine. Like I said there is nothing wrong with being partial towards something or in favor of something over something else.
I don't see how this is hard to comprehend man. Do ever think, for just one second, that some of us TRY to watch TNA and CRITIQUE is because we don't like the product that's given to us?

Here is an example once again from the NFL. I H.A.T.E the Dallas Cowboys. I stop at nothing to ridicule them at every moment i can. If they were to beat my team, the Indianapolis Colts come December 5th (and if I were biased), Id still say the Cowboys sucked and the Colts are still a better team (Even though the Cowboys beat them)

I seriously can't stand TNA right now. Have I liked TNA before? Yeah, in 2006 I did. Once Angle hit the scene, it was all downhill for me. I don't see how any of us are biased at all for just NOT liking the product of what TNA brings to the table.

I am not biased towards TNA, I just DO NOT like that company AT ALL.

If i were biased I would still shit all over TNA if TNA were to miraculously put out a product that is critically acclaimed.

Again, I am going to reiterate how slamming something does not show bias at all.

I can bitch about the faults of WWE right now.

1. Some young talent don't know how to wrestle properly
2. Women's division is bad
3. Randy Orton's face wrestling
4. The Hart Dynasty

Answer me this... Am I being biased towards WWE because I pointed out some faults that I dont like with that company?

You can slam a product, movie, CD, etc and always show you can never show bias because its just their individual opinion of whatever they are critiquing.

Its not that we are favorable towards the WWE as a whole, its just for each of us individually, we have our own likes and dislikes for professional wrestling. THAT is what makes us unique from each other on this board. Some may like something that someone may not.

Its all opinions we have, not bias
Image

User avatar
Grash
Posts: 347
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:11 pm

Re: What makes TNA good?

Post by Grash » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:16 pm

EaglePride wrote:... I'll at least give them some positives in certain areas of the product.
So start naming them. What has TNA done right?

Also, The cake is a lie.
Image

User avatar
EaglePride
Developmental Talent
Posts: 407
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:23 am
Location: U.S.A.

Re: What makes TNA good?

Post by EaglePride » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:48 pm

I don't see how this is hard to comprehend man. Do ever think, for just one second, that some of us TRY to watch TNA and CRITIQUE is because we don't like the product that's given to us?
There is a fine line between being critical and bashing something for the sake of it by wanting to see them fail. I mean that's a logical assement.
Here is an example once again from the NFL. I H.A.T.E the Dallas Cowboys. I stop at nothing to ridicule them at every moment i can. If they were to beat my team, the Indianapolis Colts come December 5th (and if I were biased), Id still say the Cowboys sucked and the Colts are still a better team (Even though the Cowboys beat them)
So you just gave me again a prime example of how you favor your team because why? they are your favorite team and so any team that your team faces you are biased against them because you want to see the other team lose due to the fact that you are partial and favort your team.

I am not biased towards TNA, I just DO NOT like that company AT ALL.
That would make you then biased against TNA then not towards them.
If i were biased I would still shit all over TNA if TNA were to miraculously put out a product that is critically acclaimed.
You don't have to shit on something to be biased against it.
Again, I am going to reiterate how slamming something does not show bias at all.

I can bitch about the faults of WWE right now.

1. Some young talent don't know how to wrestle properly
2. Women's division is bad
3. Randy Orton's face wrestling
4. The Hart Dynasty

Answer me this... Am I being biased towards WWE because I pointed out some faults that I dont like with that company?

Like i said just because you are critcal to something you like at times doesn't mean you are biased against it. If your colts aren't playing well and you are critcal of their performance, that doesn't mean you are just going to turn your back on them all of a sudden. they are still your favorite team that you want them to be sucessful.

You can slam a product, movie, CD, etc and always show you can never show bias because its just their individual opinion of whatever they are critiquing.
But if you just slam it just because you think it sucks then you are givng an pratial observation without giving it an pratical observation.

So start naming them. What has TNA done right?
Ok lets see the knockout division. Tag team division. Getting Ric flair invovled to help talent development with guys like Beer Money and AJ Styles. Abyss turning back to heel Jeff Hardy turning heel etc..

I can also name the things i don't think TNA is doing right that i wish would change. Allowing Carter to be apart of the show, Immortal. Hogan wrestling. Vince Russo continuing to book their shows. TV title. etc..
Image
Dynasty wrote:My girlfriend is Jewish
towney007 wrote:No one who spends hours researching old threads to put together in a quasi history of your posting on a wrestling forum has a girlfriend.

User avatar
towney007
Site Admin
Posts: 6599
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:16 am
Location: Springfield, MA
Contact:

Re: What makes TNA good?

Post by towney007 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:43 pm

I clearly understand what bias is do you?

Bias - is an inclination to present or hold a partial perspective at the expense of (possibly equally valid) alternatives. Bias can come in many forms.

Key word there is partial.
Partial to WHAT exactly - and please. I'd love to know who else has given TNA more airtime.
Where am I bashing WV? Seriously.. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with favoring one side over the other so how am I being biased towards it? And what does the news section have anything to do with the majority of people on here in which we are talking about favoring WWE over TNA. You obv read only what you want to read in my post.
How does our web site favor someone over someone else? There's clearly no bias in how we report the news and there are as many columnists who are fine with TNA as aren't. So again, I'm not seeing it.
Um no because they based that on acutal facts and figures. What do you want them to say that they didn't play better then the Giants when the Giants beat them 4 games to 1?
Buyrates, revenue, live show attendence, TV ratings, merchandise sales, and the like are all accurate measures in which TNA is barely on the radar. All objective methods with which to measure success. Based on other site's far harsher opinions of the TNA product compared to ours, I'm not seeing some case for us hating TNA.
So what you are saying that WV in generel is in no way shape or form pratial to the WWE in anyway and they call it straight down the middle with both wrestling org with their annalist. Oh come on. You even got some annalist on this site that has said that this website when analyzing the WWE how there is partial biased towards the product. I'm not avoding anything it's true the majority of fans on here are partial to the WWE the majority of annalist on here are partial to the WWE. I never said there was anything wrong with that, just stating the obv.
You keep throwing this word 'partial'. How, exactly are we 'partial' and to what are we 'partial' to? Furthermore, what would be the benefit of us being 'partial'? I'm still trying to wrap my hands around that. I don't know why it'd even be in our interest to be partial or why there'd be motivation to favor one TV show or another blindly to the point where whatever came up against it would be trash.

Plenty of our columnists praise and give a lot of airtime to promotions in Japan, Mexico and ROH and the like, so this idea that you've got stuck in your head that we hate everything that's not the WWE is just flat out ignorant, uninformed, or delusional. I'm sorry people don't like to rot their brains alongside you. I'm also sorry that Dontrelle Willis is a crappy pitcher, Bob Dole wasn't elected President and that the Nintendo Power Glove didn't work. They all suck for various reasons, too, but I suppose having an opinion about anything - educated or not - makes everyone (but you, of course) biased.
And he was still over the age of 50 when he was wrestling in the WWE, If wrestlers over the age of 50 are wrestling in TNA regardless of how good they are shape wise, you'd be hearing a lot of negative remarks about it. Two way street.
Most WWE wrestlers working in or around their late 40s-early 50s are in decent ring shape, are given as much as half the year off and have any and all surgeries paid for. Those that work in TNA tend to be physically dihibilitated and/or drug addicts working full time schedules. Big difference.
thing ish how can you base an observation based on personal feelings and say that's unbiased If you claim that TNA sucks and you never give any credit to them for anything that's obv being biased. As much as i don't care for what a lot of things TNA does i'll at least give them some positives in certain areas of the product. You can't just continuosly slam a product and say well I'm not being biased in anyway.
Ok, ok. I'll use your logic then.

Just so I'm not biased against Nazism, I'd like to point out the good things Adolf Hitler did. Because you know - I want to be fair. I mean he totally DID turn the German economy around and he at least stood up when that black dude won medals at his Olympics. He also let some jews stand up before he gassed them and let his countrymen dress in cool uniforms and shoot cool guns before he let a whole generation get killed on a battlefield. Just being fair.

Also, I'd like to point out that the LA Clippers - despite their record, have a cool logo. There. Now i'm not biased against them, either.

Also, I'd like to point out that while the remake of the movie 'Blob' was incomprehensibly bad in almost every way imaginable, it came in a pink box with a guy making a funny face. There. not biased.

How on god's green earth am I supposed to take your logic seriously?
Quote:
If i were biased I would still shit all over TNA if TNA were to miraculously put out a product that is critically acclaimed.


You don't have to shit on something to be biased against it.
OK I'm just done with this argument. Over and done. Tail chasing. Again, keep running for the hills. I hope you find what you're looking for, but it's clear you're avoiding a discussion (yet again I might add) about what makes TNA decent, average, good, excellent or whatever. Every conversation just comes back to 'WV is biased against my wuppies' and 'duh, the wwe does it, too'.

Even if you were right - which you're clearly not - that people were biased (and I'm assuming hypocritical in your view), their hypocracy does nothing to help you in the case of trying to make TNA somewhat watchable. You're completely, blatantly trying to run from the topic at hand, so it's just not worth it at this point.
Image

User avatar
Omegabyss
Posts: 265
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:53 pm
Location: Texas Tech
Contact:

Re: What makes TNA good?

Post by Omegabyss » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:31 pm

Above all else, I think this is a case of someone not understanding that others have differing opinions than their own. They wont admit it and will target something else totally irrelevant and at times illogical.

That definition you put up for Bias...

Bias - is an inclination to present or hold a partial perspective at the expense of (possibly equally valid) alternatives. Bias can come in many forms.

Ok, I think I figured out where this guy comes up with the claim that WV is biased. "(possibly equal valid) alternatives.

KEYWORD = Possibly

I'd like to consider myself as speaking for the many who just dont like the TNA product when I say that just because you can find equally valid alternatives to find TNA being watchable, DOES NOT MEAN that other people see things the way you do in terms of these "Valid alternatives"

That's why I said, We are all unique and have our own likes and dislikes
Image

sarcy

Re: What makes TNA good?

Post by sarcy » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:33 pm

Omg. We got a Nintendo Power Glove reference.

User avatar
Crow013
Mid Carder
Posts: 1514
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:42 pm
Location: At home, doing the Zackarena
Contact:

Re: What makes TNA good?

Post by Crow013 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:37 pm

sarcy wrote:Omg. We got a Nintendo Power Glove reference.
I know! I was so excited!

But now, Hunter needs to do some Mortal Kombat type Finishing Move. As that as how all of his super posts should end.
Image
This thread lost me when Crow said he respects DD's balls.
I'm Batman.

User avatar
Omegabyss
Posts: 265
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:53 pm
Location: Texas Tech
Contact:

Re: What makes TNA good?

Post by Omegabyss » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:18 am

I don't know how I missed that power glove reference.... :(

But seriously, it was the wii before the word wii was even conjured up
Image

User avatar
Grash
Posts: 347
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:11 pm

Re: What makes TNA good?

Post by Grash » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:14 am

Grash wrote:
EaglePride wrote:... I'll at least give them some positives in certain areas of the product.
So start naming them. What has TNA done right?
Since Eagle he can't answer this, I could care less what he says.
He is showing a CLEAR BIAS FOR TNA.
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests