Welcome to the Temple: The Lucha Underground Thread

Discuss wrestling happening everywhere that isn't WWE or TNA.
jsnnmk
VIP Member
Twitter: Jason_Namako

Welcome to the Temple: The Lucha Underground Thread

Post by jsnnmk » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:56 pm

Post thoughts here on the new show, Lucha Underground, on the El Rey Network featuring stars from AAA in Mexico.

VIDEO: Full match of John Morrison (Johnny Mundo) vs. Prince Puma (Ricochet)

VIDEO: Full first show

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Re: Welcome to the Temple: The Lucha Underground Thread

Post by El Canuck » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:17 pm

I really liked that main event. Good job by both guys, it was solid, a few little parts that could have been a little more crisp, but the fans loved it, no one got hurt and everyone goes home happy.

The only major complaint I have is with the commentator not named Matt Striker. He's...Not good. Striker is in fine form, but he needs a different partner.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

Greg_McNeish
Twitter: GregMcNeishWV

Post by Greg_McNeish » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:00 pm

Was that Vampiro on commentary? I thought I'd seen that on social media.

Greg McNeish - Grand Chancellor

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:09 pm

He did look familiar, couldn't place him without the dreads. Either way, commentary is not his strong suit.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

jsnnmk
VIP Member

Post by jsnnmk » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:48 am

Full match of Johnny Mundo & Prince Puma vs. Cortes Castro (Ricky Reyes) & Cisco w/Big Rick (Ezekiel Jackson) - Lucha Underground 11/5/14

Episode 2 of Lucha Underground for 11/5/14 - "Los Demoniales"

jsnnmk
VIP Member

Post by jsnnmk » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:48 pm

Full match of Fenix vs. Drago vs. Pentagon Jr. - Lucha Underground 11/12/14

Full 11/12 episode of Lucha Underground

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:35 pm

I'm liking Lucha Underground, this could be my new regular wrestling show to watch.

stonecoldnimrod
Twitter: stonecoldnimrod

Post by stonecoldnimrod » Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:18 pm

as of episode 3, it surpassed nxt at the show of the week, that i make the effort to watch from front to back. between the triple threat main event match, the chavo guerrero promo, and the backstory of mil muertes, i'm all in on this show. and if this is the vehicle that bring del rio back to american wrestling television, then even better for the brand.

if there's one fault i have of the show so far, it's a small one. they did a great job of making women on the roster just as strong and as important as the guys. however, the match between the mariachi and the mini wrestler, i just couldn't suspend my disbelief enough to enjoy that match. again, the announcers made a great job of tryin to convince me that this is just as acceptable as the man vs woman type match. i just couldn't buy it. but i'll take that one on the chin. that flaw is in part my fault too. i mean, i loved wee-lc. the lucha match tho, not so much.
facebook.com/houstonwrestlingradio

jsnnmk
VIP Member

Post by jsnnmk » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:48 am

The show has been god damn great 3 shows in.

* Johnny Mundo has shown us, albeit it 3 years too late, the John Morrison we wanted to see him be when he got chances in the WWE main event scene in 2010-2011.

* Prince Puma (Ricochet) is an incredible performer, already has been made to be a star and shows how mind-boggling it was for WWE to pass on him late last year.

* Big Rick (Zeke) has shown more personality than he ever showed in his WWE run.

* Sexy Star, as the top female on this show, has the potential to be a very big deal for them.

* Chavo Guerrero has shown the most he has ever showed from a character & promo standpoint.

* Crenshaw Crew, Son of Havoc, Blue Demon, El Maraichi Loco, Masacrita Sagrada and others have been solid utility pieces to the show to enhance others, while at the same time, they haven't been made to feel like after-thoughts, unlike half of the WWE roster.

* Konnan is STILL a great promo and the "Mick" from Rocky mentor-style character with Prince Puma is an interesting dynamic.

* The luchadores from AAA (Fenix, Drago, Pentagon Jr.) tore the house down last week and did stuff that even I have never seen before.

* The back-story to the Mil Muertes character has been very well done and is a big upgrade for the former Judas Mesias.

* Catrina (Maxine) and Ivelisse have shown how much WWE dropped the ball on them as performers and especially in letting them go. Catrina has done great as Muertes' valet and Ivelisse is by far, one of the best women wrestlers in North America.

* Dario Cueto, while its a tired role as authority figure, has been a phenomenal performer in his role and has made almost all others who have played the "GM" role look second-rate.

* Commentary from Matt Striker & Vampiro has been consistently good and the presentation of the show as half-wrestling, half-telenovela, has made it a true alternative to the things that WWE is doing.

I am very blessed and grateful that as of right now, with NXT and ROH and now Lucha Underground, that I get to cover the 3 best hours of pro wrestling programming each and every week.

jsnnmk
VIP Member

Post by jsnnmk » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:51 am

Been slacking on posting episodes of Lucha Underground in here due to my busy schedule as of late, so here ya go, last 3 episodes of Lucha Underground on El Rey:

11-26-14, Prince Puma vs. Big Ryck - Boyle Heights Streetfight

12-3-14, Sexy Star/Fenix vs. Chavo Guerrero/Pentagon Jr.

12-10-14, Ryck vs. Mundo vs. Puma, Ladder Match

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:13 am

In addition to AAA and RoH, Alberto El Patron has also signed on with Lucha Underground!

Greg_McNeish
Twitter: GregMcNeishWV

Post by Greg_McNeish » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:57 am

Considering Lucha Underground is a subsidiary of AAA, that's unsurprising.

Greg McNeish - Grand Chancellor

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:46 am

Entirely unsurprising, but still, I'm liking this roster Lucha Underground is putting together.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:49 am

Is that lead commentator the one and only Matt Striker?

oh and lot of the matches posted have been deleted by youtube
I had watch bit of the first match.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:11 pm

Yep, that's Matt Striker.

Hotoro
Developmental Talent

Post by Hotoro » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:10 pm

Really have enjoyed just about everything from Lucha Underground thus far. Great roster. Unique feel. Solid storytelling. Lucha Underground and RAW are the shows I make it a point to catch and, at the moment, Lucha Underground is the better of the two.

Little Jimmy
Hall Of Famer

Post by Little Jimmy » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:47 pm

Glad the show has provided you with some entertainment, Hotdog.

Creepster
Developmental Talent

Post by Creepster » Wed May 04, 2016 4:45 pm

Watched the past couple of weeks, really enjoyable. Blew my mind a little how it operates, seemed like a regular to series ie; supernatural. But the crowd seemed really into it and the in ring ability seemed much faster than what I'm used to.

Will be keeping an eye on it over the next few weeks.

endless
Hall Of Famer

Post by endless » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:15 am

FYI, the crossover between Lucha Underground and Stardom was crazy: https://streamable.com/eaiu

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Thu May 04, 2017 11:19 pm

For fans of Lucha Underground: It's now on Netflix!