How can some people watch Japan Wrestling. here?

Discuss wrestling happening everywhere that isn't WWE or TNA.
isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

How can some people watch Japan Wrestling. here?

Post by isrs4life » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:44 pm

I know Japan Wrestling looks good and all but it's commentated in Japenese only I think
or do they have DVD's that are alternated to English?

which

I don't understand Japanese Laguage at all just curious about your thoughts when watching it.

Greg_McNeish
Twitter: GregMcNeishWV

Re: How can some people watch Japan Wrestling. here?

Post by Greg_McNeish » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:48 pm

No English translations. You just watch it without understanding what they're saying. Imagine yourself sitting in the crowd, live at the show. You don't have any commentary there to tell you the story; you just react to what's happening.

Greg McNeish - Grand Chancellor

TheLyontamer

Post by TheLyontamer » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:53 pm

I find Japanese commentary hilarious, especially when the commentators get really animated. The fact that I have no clue what they're saying makes it extra awesome.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:13 pm

TheLyontamer wrote:I find Japanese commentary hilarious, especially when the commentators get really animated. The fact that I have no clue what they're saying makes it extra awesome.
Do u drink a few beers while Watching it, lol?

TheLyontamer

Post by TheLyontamer » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:43 pm

Nah, I don't need alcohol to enjoy Japanese commentary :P . It's a helluva lot better than most WWE or TNA commentary. Give it a try, I guarantee you'll be entertained.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:58 pm

I'll see, i do have the time for it.

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Sun May 01, 2011 9:44 am

I don't mind it, after a few matches you are used to it. The funny thing to me in NJPW, their announcers will go on long rants and it will be broken up by the other saying "Aye" repeatedly. But, it shouldn't take away from the match, once you get over the hump, there's really no turning back. I don't even recognize them most of the time.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

Greg_McNeish
Twitter: GregMcNeishWV

Post by Greg_McNeish » Sun May 01, 2011 11:42 am

Red_And_Yellow wrote:The funny thing to me in NJPW, their announcers will go on long rants and it will be broken up by the other saying "Aye" repeatedly.
You ignorant American fuck, they're saying "Hai".

Greg McNeish - Grand Chancellor

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Sun May 01, 2011 1:17 pm

Greg_McNeish wrote:
Red_And_Yellow wrote:The funny thing to me in NJPW, their announcers will go on long rants and it will be broken up by the other saying "Aye" repeatedly.
You ignorant American f**k, they're saying "Hai".

For that ignorant slur from a Canadian (who even knew they'd be able to put together words that made a sentence. Let alone actually understand proper Japanese spelling.), I am putting you through the table.
:table:

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

TheLyontamer

Post by TheLyontamer » Sun May 01, 2011 2:02 pm

I believe "Aye" is a Scottish term. "ACH, JIMMAY!"

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Sun May 01, 2011 3:25 pm

Lol to R&Y, I had a good laugh. :lol:

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Fri May 27, 2011 12:16 pm

For the same reason I also watch CMLL and AAA with spanish commentary, because I love wrestling. If you went to a taping of RAW,SD or Impact, or an indy show you wouldn't hear commentary unless you were sitting right behind the announcers table. You'd be taking in the wrestling unencumbered by commentators banter, so hearing foreign language commentary is no different to those who really love their wrestling. I get so engrossed with the wrestling I don't even pay attention to what else is going on.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

starbucksaholic
VIP Member

Post by starbucksaholic » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:06 pm

Wrestling has a universal language of its own, that is easy to follow whereever you are. If the story told in the ring is good, commentary is simple a compliment, not really needed (ie. people in the arenas don't get commentary, yet they get involved into the matches). If the story told in the ring sucks, then commentary is needed the accentuate the reasons why you are tuned into such cluster.

So yeah, the language of the commentary really doesn't affect me, unless I am doing something and want to listen to the match instead of watching it. That, plus I speak and understand English, Japanese, and Spanish very well. :)

jsnnmk
VIP Member
Twitter: Jason_Namako

Post by jsnnmk » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:19 pm

if anyone wants to check out some recent JAPON happenings, I will post a bunch of Youtube links in the Puro forum sometime tonight.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:05 am

jsnnmk wrote:if anyone wants to check out some recent JAPON happenings, I will post a bunch of Youtube links in the Puro forum sometime tonight.
I'm accually looking to buy Bryan Danielson "Becoming the Best in the World" 6-Disk DVD Set from Highspots Shop
http://www.highspots.com/product.asp?id=24163

But I wonder if his matches from Japan are translated in English because I thought some of the so called
Japan Matches he had accually took place in a slight Japan Resemblence promotion in the United States.

But still a really good kicka$s looking dvd set in my view.

jsnnmk
VIP Member
Twitter: Jason_Namako

Post by jsnnmk » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:42 pm

most of the time, matches that are from Japan, even if sold by an American company such as Highspots, will keep the original audio on it. So if the original audio is in Japanese, then it will stay that way. Very rare that Japan or any other International matches have multiple audio tracks for different languages, they usually just keep the original track.

ufcfan1
Curtain Jerker

Post by ufcfan1 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:47 am

if you want japanese wrestling with english commentary, get the dgusa stuff or any of the japanese hardcore wrestling series of dvd's that are out or check amazon.com to find some of the fmw dvd's that tokyo pop put out years back...that's the only japanese stuff with english commentary you'll get, but, the fmw dvd's have optional japanese commentary, but, only on the matches, not the other crap that's on the dvd's.