RIP Trent Acid

Discuss wrestling happening everywhere that isn't WWE or TNA.
2ndtuenon_220
Developmental Talent

RIP Trent Acid

Post by 2ndtuenon_220 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:28 am

Michael Verdi (November 12, 1980 – June 18, 2010)

Verdi, better known in wrestle circles as Trent Acid, former CZW Champion & half of the infamous Backseat Boys with Johnny Kashmere passed away today aged 29.

Having had issues with drugs in the past & in fact was at the time of his death awaiting facing yet more drug related charges, while already serving a court appointed confinement relating to charges laid early this year. His story is both sad & oh too often repeated, only "Starring" yet another young, promising life that had somewhere along the way lost its way.

I first learnt of Trent Acid in I think about 2001-02, when a tape trader friend introduced me to CZW.
I heard the old Midnight Express theme & saw these two skinny guys come out & thought " Ok... Lane & Eaton you guys are not, but lets have a look at yay".
I forget who they faced, but I know about 10 minutes later I was loudly singing both Acid & Kashmere s praises.
I proceeded to follow the comings & goings of The Backseat Boys for the next couple of years & got a look at various other indie promotions in the process.

Once Acid went out on his own I saw his star shine, after his exposure in ROH I was sure he'd end up in WWE at some point & carve out a decent living in the mid card for a while & then return to his indie roots a bonafide star.

It would not happen, as is the case so often in this business.
If U REd iT @ Da INtaNeTZ iTZ mUSt B tRU3z/

RatedRBitch
Developmental Talent

Re: RIP Trent Acid

Post by RatedRBitch » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:10 am

I saw that guy a few time watching CZW shows. Not really a fan but i didn't mind them.
It's sad but unfortunately , drug problems are only one person's fault.
RIP

Malice
Mid Carder

Post by Malice » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:56 pm

RIP. So young.
LORDmalice.
The IWC marks out for me.

SilentBob
Hall Of Famer

Post by SilentBob » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:02 pm

He was always one of my EWR favorites. You'll always be 99 OVER to me, Trent Acid. RIP