Any Chikara fans?

Discuss wrestling happening everywhere that isn't WWE or TNA.
imisssabu
Developmental Talent

Re: Any Chikara fans?

Post by imisssabu » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:26 pm

Just finished disc 1 of King of Trios 2010. I was thoroughly entertained.

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:39 pm

Chikara is my favorite independent promotion. You are always guaranteed good moments every show.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

Mini Bennett
VIP Member
Twitter: IAmLordBennett

Post by Mini Bennett » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:56 pm

I'd be interested in getting into some Chikara Pro. Anyone got any links?

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:54 pm

Honestly man, just youtube some stuff. They have some of the funny bits of Chikara on there. They have a deal with hybrident.tv I think the website is, but you have to pay for events. They have a podcast, Chikara Pod Cast A Go Go, and they have their chikarapro.com. But I'd look at megaupload.com, search some random matches, and watch. I'd say all but 1 of my favorite moments at wrestling shows has come from Chikara.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:54 am

Let's discuss our favorite Chikara moments, I think my favorite moment stems from the Tag World Grand Prix in 2006 I believe it was. When Turner and Franco were up and comers and were ready to take on team World Wildlife Fund (aka Team WWF). Their opponents were CP Munk and Colt Cabunny.

So the match started off with the Bunny and Turner I believe, and eventually the bunny's head came off, and it was CZW's Joker, who I had seen on numerous occasions. Then Franco was in the ring with the Munk. He ended up getting his head off, and it was the Necro Butcher. If you saw the grand prix from the year before that, you would know that a team of Mad Man Pondo and Necro Butcher destroyed Matt Turner and Anthony Franco. Well, safe to say that Necro and Joker won, but the bingo hall was going nuts when Necro's head was shown, great stuff.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:35 pm

Great video on YouTube. The Dragon Dragon stuff is just awesome. He does every Dragon move that you can think of. Fantastic.

All the more reasons to love Chikara.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:35 pm

Great video on YouTube. The Dragon Dragon stuff is just awesome. He does every Dragon move that you can think of. Fantastic. Dragon Screw Leg Whip + Dragon Suplex + Dragon Sleeper = Dragon Dragon's Doomsday of Destruction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lx45LGwZ ... youtu.be&a

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

Mini Bennett
VIP Member
Twitter: IAmLordBennett

Post by Mini Bennett » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:03 pm

I haven't seen a whole lot of Chikara, but heres a little doozy. Mike Sydal (Evan Bourne's younger brother - Yes, a relation of Evan Bourne is doing an interview) cuts the nuttiest promo I've heard in eons:

So as you can see, SUPER wacky promo here. Almost Ultimate Warrior-like, except nowhere near as random. I like it.

JoMo is WWE
Developmental Talent

Post by JoMo is WWE » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:00 pm

Mini Bennett wrote:I haven't seen a whole lot of Chikara, but heres a little doozy. Mike Sydal (Evan Bourne's younger brother - Yes, a relation of Evan Bourne is doing an interview) cuts the nuttiest promo I've heard in eons:

So as you can see, SUPER wacky promo here. Almost Ultimate Warrior-like, except nowhere near as random. I like it.
That is a crazy promo, Warrior has to have the best whacky promo's of all time.