12/7 NOAH Bodukan Show Thread

Discuss wrestling happening everywhere that isn't WWE or TNA.
towney007
Site Admin

12/7 NOAH Bodukan Show Thread

Post by towney007 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:49 pm

NOAH, 12/7/2008
Tokyo Nippon Budokan

1. Mitsuharu Misawa vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima
2. GHC Heavyweight Title Contendership: Jun Akiyama vs. Takeshi Morishima
3. GHC Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Kotaro Suzuki (c) vs. KENTA & Taiji Ishimori
4. GHC Heavyweight Title: Kensuke Sasaki (c) vs. Akitoshi Saito

That's what the show's looking like... some of my thoughts:

Akiyama has GOT to win that match over Morishima. I can't imagine they're going to keep giving Sasaki these terrible defenses. I mean the Yone thing was bad, but freaking Saito? Good lord....

The rest of this looks pretty decent. There's a really good jr. tag match on there and The Akiyama-Morishima match has me psyched for sure.

Graham Crackers
Developmental Talent

Re: 12/7 NOAH Bodukan Show Thread

Post by Graham Crackers » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:29 am

This is an improvement over the previous budokan shows but.... Saito?

Akiyama is taking this. Sasaki and Akiyama have never met in the ring and I guess its somebody's idea of a "dream match." If/when that happens it will probably be solid enough.

Nakajima ain't winning that match but hopefully he can look good. Its not like Misawa is physically able to make him look good so Nakajima will have to work extra hard.

towney007
Site Admin

Re: 12/7 NOAH Bodukan Show Thread

Post by towney007 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:41 am

Yeah I"m just totally at a loss as to whether a NOAH booking committee or booker even exists at this point. So many pointless, thrown together matches... totally heat-less feuds...

The thing that kills me about it is how they'll just take a dude like Saito, how hasn't done anything out of the mid card in forever, and put him in a spot to challenge for the title... I mean I guess at least they put the tag belt on him (and Bison freaking Smith).. it's not a Masao Inoue type deal. But this no rhyme nor reason stuff is killing that company...

In all honesty, I SERIOUSLY feel as if this is the Misawa retirement fund. He's milking as much money out of this as he can before he slams the doors shut, divides the money up between his buddies and says 'screw' to everyone... I'd love to see Morishima in New Japan, where he could ammount to something..