Idiocracy

Movies, Video Games, TV, more.
El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Re: Idiocracy

Post by El Canuck » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:18 pm

There's no standard anymore by which to expect his base to say "enough". They are so thoroughly galvanised against any wrong he could possibly do that he can pull any degrading, amoral stunt he can think of and his base will either ignore it, attempt to rationalise it, or deny he said or did the thing. There's no bottom of the well with that bunch. This was proven during the Republican primaries and has not changed.

Trump's main base and many Republicans treat the non-conservative news sources reporting of Trump's disgraceful behaviour as partisan politics, rather than news sources reporting of a famous person being an absolutely awful human being. That's why no matter how terrible Trump acts on a given day, his conservative backers will bemoan that the majority of the press are anti-Trump or anti-Republican and demand "fair" treatment. What does "fair" treatment look like to them? More of Hannity screaming about Hillary's emails, for one. The emails are what Fox News keeps resorting back to every time Trump does something despicable and they can't twist it into some sort of disingenuously positive pretzel. It's not partisan for a news channel to report on an awful person being awful, it's just passing on the things Trump says and does without filter, and the sad truth is that most of what Trump says and does are abhorrent.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

endless
Hall Of Famer

Post by endless » Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:13 am

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:34 pm

This certainly is getting interesting. The ABC report is massive.

“What a strange girl you are. Flung out of space.....”

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:44 pm

Well America, that's a hell of a screwjob you pulled on yourself.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:42 pm

This is what all the culture wars stuff and Trump's carnival act has been about so that the GOP could blow a whole in public finances and give the proceeds to the wealthy. Trump campaigns on "drain the swamp" but it's estimated that up to 6,000 lobbyists could have worked on this tax bill. Brazen con artistry. When will GOP voters get a clue? Unless you're making well over a million a year or above they've got nothing for you except cultural wedge issues. People are dying who can't afford insulin, this is an extreme example but stuff like this is happening.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:02 am

When will GOP voters get a clue? They won't. They simply won't. Even when the sword the Republicans forged from this tax bill falls on their heads, they won't see it and if they do, they certainly won't learn from it. There's so much utter delusion from so many republican voters I'm seeing on Twitter responding to tweets by popular accounts that they've convinced themselves that this bill will benefit them. Those that do realize that they're screwed, would still gleefully accept immolation by Republicans rather than vote Democrat. To them, Democrats are the dictionary definition of evil and corrupt, and to see this in action you need not look further than those in Alabama who face a decision of voting for a predator of teenage girls and a Democrat and they're conflicted by the choice. Anyone conflicted by that choice can go fuck themselves.

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:28 pm

It's the eternal choice between a bunch dead-eyed psychopaths and metropolitan liberals. I want to see Democrats make the right enemies, I want every one of them to make Bankers scared the way Elizabeth Warren does. They don't understand power the way Republicans do. No one really gives a shit that they went through the correct process to pass Obamacare. One way or the other when Republicans take back control the foxes are left into the Hen House so it all goes to shit anyway. Obama and the Congress at the time didn't really understand that Republicans are going to hate them anyway no matter what they passed so they might as well pass policies that positively affect the lives of voters.

Every one of them regardless of overall ideology should beat the drum over budget cuts and rake these fuckers over the coals over their economic agenda. How fucked do you have to be as a society to politically lie down for an agenda about "Tax breaks for the rich, cuts for people who have next to nothing"? Ryan and McConnell have at least another year of this ghoulishness to do and after ripping off the band aid here who knows what's next.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:58 pm

Just another day in America.

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:51 pm

Holy shit, Alabama pulled the ultimate swerve and did not vote that pedo piece of trash into the Senate! Damn!!

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:54 pm

That's a low bar but shatters expectations. Well done Alabama, people were wrong to count you out.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:17 pm

That they came so close is rather disheartening, though. It shouldn't be a nail-biter vote tally with a man as uniquely unfit for the role as a senator as Roy Moore. It just shouldn't.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:59 pm

Once again the massive turn out of black voters, especially black women made the difference. 97-98% of them voted for Jones.

You guys are right though, it shouldn't even have been that fucking close. But another day with an L to 45 is a good day to me.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:33 pm

Indeed, Slim. At least Jones won, even if it was by a razor thin margin.

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:23 am

Still he won by 20,000 votes which is way more than Democrats have won Senate seats by recently.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:30 pm

True. And as red a state as Bama is, that is a big statement. Hoping the Supreme Court can step in and block the repeal of Net Neutrality, otherwise our interactions might become much more limited.

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:32 am

I wouldn't say it'll get that bad, this site is too unimportant to deliberately sabotage but definitely not good.

Mafwanix
Title Contender

Post by Mafwanix » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:06 pm

http://digg.com/2017/virginia-house-recount-ballot

This is the voting district I live in.
Kinda freaks me out, that changing my one vote could actually have made a difference.

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:51 am

That's unbelievable, it's obvious he should have asked for a new ballot or it should have been counted as spoiled.

Mafwanix
Title Contender

Post by Mafwanix » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:44 am

^^ I think they may have done that. The ballot was challanged and now it stands as a tie.
They are talking about settling this by picking a name out of a hat! No kidding!

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:25 pm

What the fuck?