Christmas 2016

Movies, Video Games, TV, more.
eobversion1

Christmas 2016

Post by eobversion1 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:55 pm

2016 has brought us enough grief, this is a thread dedicated to nice things for the season that's in it. Post about what makes you happy.

There's only one rule NO NEGATIVITY OR BAD VIBES OF ANY KIND ALLOWED. That includes at other people's expense.

To start with, this is something that makes me happy, in keeping with the spirit of this thread.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Re: Christmas 2016

Post by El Canuck » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:44 pm

Shinedown's version of Lennon's classic Christmas song always makes me happy.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:00 pm

The San Junipero episode from Black Mirror was truly remarkable. The less I say about it the better. Definitely, my favourite thing I've seen all year.

“What a strange girl you are. Flung out of space.....”

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:29 pm

Simpson's Roasting on an Open Fire. Classic stuff from the early days of The Simpsons. It always warms my heart whenever I do see it!

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:59 am

The Polar Express and his version of a Christmas Carol are two very underrated Robert Zemeckis films I find myself returning to around this time of the year. I almost wish he would have stayed with animation. He has a way with performance capture especially and having Tom Hanks on speed dial doesn't hurt either.

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:40 pm

Watching the Christmas day Mrs browns boys is my new Christmas tradition

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:52 pm

Carol, that amazing film from last year of course.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Post by AndyF1069 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:14 pm

Finally put a tree up today.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:08 pm

The job I am at has really worn down my Christmas spirit this year. The amount of anger, sadness, and just insane nature of holiday (with some wedding and funeral orders sprinkled in) has just gotten me down this year.

But then I had a conversation with a 71 year old women, who is getting married to a 78 year old man, and it completely brightened up my mood. Then I got a call and an email from a customer whose order I helped them assemble from start to finish (Christmas cards and some surprise mug gifts for the grandparents) and she not only loved them, but thanked me for all the help I gave her. Little moments like these are what the holidays are about and even in a down time, it's important to remember the joy and happiness that this time of year should bring!

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:17 pm

Great to hear Slim. Nice to find gratitude and silver linings amidst the frustration and the chaos.

Looking forward to the new season of Sherlock on New Years Day. It's been 3 years since the last series, there was the Special last year which was only a sideshow really. Should be an excellent time.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:18 pm

Yeah, now that Benedict and Martin Freeman are big stars, I would expect that Sherlock, at least the vehicle with Freeman and Cumberbatch, would be rapping up kinda soon.

Also, Donny Hathaway's "This Christmas", always brings the joy!!

Mafwanix
Title Contender

Post by Mafwanix » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:51 pm

Christmas doesn't hold much special meaning for me. It hasn't for many years; I lost a lot of it after my father died. And much of it really is aimed at children, and I don't have any. And as Slim alluded to, the holiday does tend to bring out the worst in some people obsessed with consumerism.

But I expect that, and make allowances for it. I try to be especially forgiving for the increased idiocy I encounter at this time of year.

For Christmas, I will do a few things that are traditional to my family, who are all gone now. And maybe I'll try something new, for whatever future I have coming. But most of all, this holiday marks the end of another year, and that means I get to reflect on the year that has past.

And this was a pretty good year for me. I see so much crap online and on TV, how this was such a horrible year. Not for me. First time in 4 years I made it through the year without a visit to the hospital. Got a lot of travel in. Saw my kidney Rx last week, my chances of dying soon have decreased. And I don't owe anyone any significant amount of money.

Merry Christmas!

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:37 am

I know how you feel I lost my father a few weeks ago and this will be the first Christmas without him . But I know he will be watching me and I hope he is in a better place. Christmas for me is about the present not presents. to be thankful for the freinds and family who are a part of my life and who have given me the gift of their love.