Star Wars

Movies, Video Games, TV, more.
eobversion1

Re: Star Wars

Post by eobversion1 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:05 am

Indeed we shall, happy to see that they're making the effort to weave stuff in and out of different mediums.

In other news, after last night's World Premiere the first Rogue One reactions are in!

http://heroichollywood.com/first-offici ... s-hit-web/

Seems like it hasn't disappointed. Review embargos lift on Wednesday. Looking forward to it now.

“What a strange girl you are. Flung out of space.....”

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:53 am

Rogue One time!

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:25 pm

Very solid movie, I liked it a lot. Tense, compelling and with exactly the right amount of moral ambiguity. Reshoots were focused on clearing up character threads to maintain the war movie tone of the film. Gareth Edwards and Tony Gilroy seemed to put a lot of effort into that and it's hard not to admire the workmanship of such an endeavour. Every sin is a sin of ambition and trying to avoid sameness even if it does wink to the audience a tad too heavily at times. They've set themselves up to deliver very entertaining stand-alone films in the future outside of the main saga. 7.5/10

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:47 am

Donnie yen needs his own star wars movie

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:24 am

SpoilerShow
He has one. It's called Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. Also, his character died a very noble death.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:20 pm

Just home from seeing Rogue One. Going to let it sink in a bit before giving much a detailed review, but I will say this:
SpoilerShow
I now know why GRRM hasn't finished Winds of Winter. Clearly he's been secretly working on the screenplay to this movie.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:58 am

Glad you enjoyed it Nucks.

A couple of further thoughts from me.
SpoilerShow
I really liked it, however it's very clearly a cut below the original trilogy and the Force Awakens. It's poorly constructed at times and simply doesn't have the wit of the better installments of the franchise, since it's an anthology movie you can't fault it for going in a different direction, I just think it tried to have it's cake and eat it too vis-a-vis going in a different direction and also trying to be a Star Wars movie.

The parts where it works very well are the parts that rely heavily on the espionage aspects of the plot. The scene on the bridge in the rain with the claustrophobic insert shots of Cassian's finger on the trigger of a sniper was really well done. Also, everything on Jedha and the finale was all very well realised and tied in very well in adding stakes to the drama. Everything else was a mess.

Felicity Jones was hit or miss depending on which scene she was in. Cassian and K2SO were the only two characters that I felt made you engaged with the events of the film. I can't remember if I even laughed during the film. The ending with Jyn and Cassian on the beach was the only bit of emotional honesty I found in the whole film.

Overall, I thought Edwards really delivered on the scale, there are a couple of breathtaking moments of sheer mammoth filmmaking. Gilroy nailed the stakes I just wish that some parts the film didn't come apart on closer examination.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Post by AndyF1069 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:40 pm

Carrie Fisher had a massive heart attack on a flight earlier today. Sky News is reporting that she stopped breathing for 10 minutes and was given life saving CPR. Christ.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:51 pm

"As a paramedic, this doesn't look good. She went into full cardiac arrest - in the air - from a "massive" heart attack - away from definitive care and the cath lab (including no advaced airway, defibrillator, access, or code drugs). Chances of her surviving this - and being fully neurologically intact - are very slim (bystander CPR can be very substandard). I would imagine her unresponsive on a ventilator in the ICU somewhere, if she made it that far. I seriously hope that isn't the case and I hope I am wrong, but my experience tells me otherwise."

"Doctor here: If I had to guess, my money is on this being a pulmonary embolism (PE) caused by a DVT (blood clot) going to the lungs. This can quickly lead to cardiac arrest. These are common on long flights, more common in women and the elderly. This is why you should get up and walk around every hour or two on the plane to keep from getting DVT's. I hope she's ok. The fact that it happened so close to the ground is helpful as is the quick attention from medical personnel. Hopefully they kept the blood flowing enough to keep her brain oxygenated until they could restart her heart and dissolve or extract the clot. Fingers crossed."
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:17 pm

May the force be with her. Get well soon Carrie.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:37 pm

Hoping for the best against all odds.

Carrie is one with the Force and the Force is with Carrie.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:16 pm

2016 takes another. RIP Carrie Fisher.

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:32 pm

Devastating news, truly heartbreaking, now she's at one with the force. Rest in Peace Carrie.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:10 pm

Heartbreaking news. A tragic loss for such a bright shining star.

And now her watch is ended.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:28 pm

:(

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:37 am

I still can't quite believe it. Awful news.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:53 am

I knew it was a long shot for her to pull through, the odds were against her, and yet, I thought Carrie Fisher was going to beat those odds.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:19 pm

We've got about for days until this damn year is behind us.

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:20 pm

and not a minute too soon Slim.

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:11 am

She filmed most of her scenes before she passed so the next film will be a tribute to her.