The Absurdly Awesome Anime Thread!

Movies, Video Games, TV, more.
AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Re: The Absurdly Awesome Anime Thread!

Post by AndyF1069 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:44 pm

We finished the 26th and final episode yesterday. What a mind fuck.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Post by AndyF1069 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:07 pm

There were follow up movies based on poor reception to the final episode which focused more on a certain character than on the show as a whole. There are five in total with a sixth currently in development. The first two movies are essentially a two parter rather than a movie with a sequel (so the duration of movie one is the first half and duration of movie 2 is the second hald) and the same is true with the next four movies being basically a second movie, but in quarter segments. In essence, there are two (very long) movies.

I won't watch 3-6 until six is released, and I have no idea what they involve. 1-2 looks to resolve all of the unanswered questions that were left from the series such as what happens now that the threat has seemingly been ended? What about the plans of the shady people behind the scenes? Are the main characters working for the good guys or the bad guys? What about the origins of everything which were hinted to during the series?

For the most part, just about every question is answered. The end scene really struck me hard. As a courtesy, I'll spoiler tag it even if it's unlikely people will watch it
Spoiler: show
So the main plan of the shady leader is to merge humanity into a single, body-less entity. A single soul that is free of sin, unhappiness and pain. This is literally what would happen, everybody would be together and essentially be in paradise, but at the loss of individuality and of free will, which also includes himself. Is he a good guy or a bad guy for wishing this? Ultimately, this is what happens. The entities that created mankind are manipulated and turn humans into their primordial soup (I can't think of a better way of describing it). Before this happens, everyone has a sensation of being with the person they love the most and that person giving them the (true and genuine) feeling of moving onto the next stage of life to be together forever. The dead wife, the girl who never noticed you. the boy who told you he loved you who was killed by you as a necessity moments after. They give you the happiest moment of your life, before your life is merged into all other life. It is implied that the merge is something that gives true happiness. If that is the case, is the person behind it good or is he bad?

It also got me thinking. Who would I have seen?

It also ultimately didn't matter. The main character had a choice of allowing this to take place (with his true love being dead and he himself having a life of misery all his life), or to himself manipulate the lifemaking entities into starting life again. He had an inner monologue and decided that life isn't so bad and pain being a consequence of free will and preferring free will.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jama7301

Post by Jama7301 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:45 pm

I had an urge to trapse through Bleach. I had watched it subbed for like, 250 episodes when I was younger, and now that it's all wrappd up, I've been watching on dubbed with a filler guide, so I can skip unimportant arcs.

In theory.

If I don't forget to check what episodes qualify when I'm just letting episodes run on Hulu.