The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Thread

Movies, Video Games, TV, more.
El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Re: The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Thread

Post by El Canuck » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:37 pm

My foray into The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is all but complete. There are dozens of little collection type things I can do, but I have completed the main adventure, defeated Ganon, cleared all shrines, found the Master Sword (and Hylian Shield to boot) and seen every location on the map. I may give a detailed review later, but this is a rare occasion when I can give a game a 10/10 rating. Full points, full recommendation, full everything. This. Game. Is. Amazing. Full stop.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:54 am

Finish off Breath of the Wild, Jama?

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jama7301

Post by Jama7301 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:02 am

Nah. Been letting the girlfriend play it. I sneak away 30-90 minutes here and there, but I still just get lost adventuring.

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer

Post by Jama7301 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:21 pm

Made it to Korok Forest. The Lost Woods can die in a fire.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:25 pm

Yeah, the Lost Woods is my least favourite part of the game. One trick I learned: If you have good enough reflexes, you can reverse direction as the fog closes in on you and prevent it from warping you back to the checkpoints.

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer

Post by Jama7301 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:47 pm

Got the master sword before tackling the Goron, Rito, or Gerudo areas.

Took it into the Goron Divine Beast and it WRECKED the boss. The blade beam is SUPER helpful and did a ton of damage at range to the boss.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:02 pm

I had all but the Rito one tackled when I went for the Master Sword.

First one I beat was the Gerudo beast. I was exploring that area and decided to go for the tower WAAAAAY up on the mountains to get a view. I knew there was divine beasts. You see the Rito one flying around right away and the Goron salamander is easy to spot climbing around Death Mountain, but I had no idea what awaited in the desert. As I scaled that tower (which was a pain in the neck, as the preceding area was infested with electric lizalfos and I had no rubber armour at the time, so they were all one-hitting me) and got to the top, evening was setting in and I remember the big massive column of billowing sand catching my eye and the tangible "whoa" I let out as I saw that massive beast lumbering around. It really blew my mind in a game that was already constantly doing so just with the scope of it alone.