Assassin's Creed: The Thread.

Movies, Video Games, TV, more.
Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Re: Assassin's Creed: The Thread.

Post by Big slim » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:45 am

Overall the game itself is still not as good as Black Flag or Rogue, but the story itself is more complete, which makes the experience playing better.

I still think Connor needs one more game, but I'm satisfied with we got.

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:08 pm

To be honest, I would not be excited to play as Connor again. Edward, yes, if they hadn't already wrote the relative inactivity and tragic conclusion to his story after Black Flag. Even Haytham, if the game was based on his quest to save his kidnapped sister, would be a good game. Connor though, sometimes it's better to just let a character go on into the aether. I don't even see what they could have him doing at this point without any revenge motivation anymore.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:46 pm

Something involving the War of 1812 or a possible confrontation with the European Branch of the Templars could be intriguing, possibly seeing his death/retirement from the Assassins.

The idea of a game about Haytham searching for his sister and finding out what happened to his father would be an interesting one.

Also we could see a game with Edward after he became an Assassin and someof those adventures could be fun as well.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:38 pm

I think after III, Connor stopped having much involvement with politics. He came to despise both sides in the Revolution when he figured out they were both actively fucking over the Native Americans. The most you could get out of him now would be a game where he goes looking for his former tribe.

Haytham looking for his sister might be one of the only times I wouldn't mind playing as a Templar. Even though Haytham became a dickbag later, his search for his sister put him up against foes that weren't Assassin's, so it's not like you'd be fighting against what you would normally be allied with.

After Edward becomes a full fledged Assassin he also became a full fledged parent and moved back to Britain. He didn't do any adventuring after that, unfortunately, so as much as I'd like a sequel, Adewale's adventure is as much of a sequel from Black Flag as we can hope for.

Adewale, now that's a character I would like to play as again. A new adventure in Louisiana perhaps? He did a great deal of work helping slaves and the Assassin's alike between Black Flag and Rogue. Definitely a lot of material there to work with. Did you play Liberation, Slim? That was the mobile game starring Aveline as the player character. You can buy it digitally for X-Box 360, I have it, never think on going back it. Now that I did, I may have to give that a go later.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:38 pm

I'm picking up the Americas Trilogy this week and it comes with Liberation so I'll give it a play then.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:41 pm

Awesome, I liked what I had played of it, they put a nice little spin on things with Aveline that's not in any of the other Assassin's Creed games that I thought was a neat little mechanic.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:46 pm

Given that the release of Syndicate is just around the corner, I thought it prudent to bump up this thread. I don't plan on buying it on release, but Slim does, and he keeps forgetting this thread even exists. So, for his sake, I'm bumping this one up. On that note, have a video. I just watched it and it pumped me for the game. Still refusing to buy on release, but still, looking forward to it.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:22 am

My bad. Again, I like what I have seen and have heard about this game more than what I did for Unity.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Sat Oct 24, 2015 1:47 pm

Decided to hold off on the purchase of Syndicate. Instead I picked up the Americas Collection. I'll dive into Liberation after my run through Rogue is complete.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:05 pm

I never did get around to finishing Liberation, I bought it digitally on X-Box 360 and started it. Just never finished it yet.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:37 pm

The reviews for Syndicate are pretty solid thus far. I read only one that was a little scathing, but the impression I got from the reviewer seems to reek of a general bitterness towards the series and Ubisoft themselves and it clouds his judgement of the game.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:40 pm

Yeah, the reviews seem really positive, with the only big gripe being the ending.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:55 am

Just completed AC: Liberation. A fairly enjoyable game, although a little short for my taste. Aveline is a pretty likable and fun protagonist, and playing with her was pretty good. The story is also easy to follow, with the right amount of heartbreak and triumph.

Agate is a pretty poor Mentor, especially after playing through other AC games and having Ah Tabi, Achilles, and Ezio. His backstory is pretty sad,but his character draws no sympathy from you.

The New Orleans environment is beautiful, and the bayou is a fun side trip to play in. Again the settings are small, but sense this is a port from a handheld game, its understandable.

Over all, this was a fun, side story to play through. If you enjoy the other AC games, you'll like this one.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:57 am

Interesting, I'll have to give this another go soon.

Have you bought Syndicate yet?

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:17 pm

Not yet.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:32 am

How are you liking Syndicate so far Nucks?

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:15 pm

Thus far I'm really enjoying the experience. I like the leveling system and the dual assassins. The gangs brings me back to a mix of Brotherhood and the old Freedom Fighters game from about a decade ago. The gameplay feels like a tweaked and polished Unity, they sort of fool-proofed the climbing and that may not be a bad thing. I like that they give the characters themselves the little touch of looking over their shoulder, seeing the jump as being one that would kill them and deciding against it. Removes all those instances of what I called "Illogical deaths" where your assassin would just blatantly jump to their own death while you're trying to set up a tricky jump. The combat flows well, but feels a little button-mashy at times. It's not as simple as III, IV and Rogue where you could just counter-kill your way to a 100-man killstreak with barely a yawn and the levels on the enemies means you can't just beat the tar out of every baddie in the city, so it's got some things going for it.

The grappling hook gun feels like a blatant rip off of the same tool in the Batman games and takes all the fun, or even the need, out of climbing. I can understand why they wanted the ziplining feature for going between buildings, but this one button building climbing was not needed and really dumbs down the challenge.

The story is fine enough thus far, the two assassins have different goals and you can play through either one as you want, so that's nice for a change. The near absence of the present day story is fine too, just enough to remind you it's there without being in your face about it like previous games were.

So, I'd say so far, so good.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:10 am

Did not know you can't have multiple save files for Syndicate. Kinda kills the replay valur of the game. Dick move by Ubisoft.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:09 am

Huh...So you can't. That is weird.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:25 pm

So close to being finished with AC: Syndicate. It's bittersweet, really. I'm excited to reach the conclusion but I've had so much fun along the way that I'm sad to see it end. First AC game to make me feel this way since Black Flag.