Assassin's Creed: The Thread.

Movies, Video Games, TV, more.
Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Re: Assassin's Creed: The Thread.

Post by Big slim » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:33 pm

Nucks, how did we both miss that they are doing remastered versions of the Ezio Trilogy for PS4 and XBox One?! And they are out!!

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:22 pm

I thought I had heard something about that. It's something I may look in to at some point.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:23 pm

I will be getting my copy on Saturday. I won't have time to really dive into it until after the holiday though.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Post by AndyF1069 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:57 pm

Slowly making my way through AC III. I don't know how the story ends or anything of the sequels, so no spoilers please.

That said, I needed to comment. That plot twist with Haytham though - inducting that dude who's name I've already forgotten into his order.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:59 pm

King Dickhead Charles Lee, that's his name.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:00 pm

No spoilers, but 3, while the mechanics can be fun and using the 2 particular weapons were really fun, it's weaker than what came before it. Still worth a play and I think you'll enjoy it Andy.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:45 pm

I have it and IV installed so I'll be making my way through both, but I can't say that I'm enjoying 3 thus far. I do like Haytham, his confident, polite demeanour endear to me. "You think I fear you?" "No. But you should".

The actual missions haven't been fun. Very limited amounts of combat and having to redo entire sequences from a silly failure isn't fun. Hopefully things pick up. I am interested in the story, especially the shock reveal of Haytham - which I hope is a decoy for later in the story.

I'm about 10% complete so far. Not sure if that is story content or for actually doing everything available.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:43 pm

I've found Connor and just taken my first npc boat ride. After looking at the map for the boat destination, I'm starting to think that I've underestimated the size of this game. I've found more bugs than I would have liked so far, including a tiger that can survive a two hundred foot drop and keep me in combat, a deer that I literally cornered which decided to jump over my head like a flea and end up on top of the mountain I had it cornered at, and a rock in a river that decided to eat me and put me inside of it with no means of escape.

It's only up to now that I've finally started experiencing the combat that I remember of the prior two games. It's been almost four years since I played ACII so I don't recall if things like disarms are new or carried over. I do like the elements of the musket rifles, including grabbing human shields and being able to steal them for myself to temporarily use.

I'm slowly starting to warm up to the game. ACII was fantastic, but by many accords it is the best in the series so perhaps it's unfair to expect of ACIII what I experienced with ACII.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:05 am

The thing that hurts III a lot is the long ass prologue with Haytham. The Templar twist is interesting, but it takes so long to get through, not to mention how long it takes for Connor to do some actual Assassin shit.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:56 am

The combat from the Ezio series to the North America series (III, IV and Rogue) was heavily streamlined to be both more fluid looking and easier to pick up for new players. Disarming enemies was present in Ezio's games, but the mechanic, along with countering in general, was different enough that it had a learning curve for regular Assassin's Creed players. (including myself)

I agree, Slim. The Templar twist seemed like it was just meant to be a moment that made the player react with shock, but to me I just went "Ah crap, that was just a really long prologue, I still have to go through another with the real main character."

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:47 am

They've been smart in avoiding that in other games. Even Unity, the worst of the series, did it right by having a shirt and sweet intro to the new mechanics.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:17 am

Probably wasn't a problem for me because of how long it's been since the last AC game I played. I enjoyed Haytham and I'm still hoping for a further twist or at least a satisfying conclusion. I hate the snow. I hate the wonky mechanics of climbing large trees to synchronise the local area. The homestead stuff is interesting, but I haven't done enough of if to know if it'll keep my interest or not.

The game is starting to feel more familiar after doing the first Boston mission as Connor, if not a bit too easy up to now. I'll admit to giving out a sigh of relief after intense combat a couple of times though, which is a good thing. I found a fort to raid, that was a good time.

18% complete

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:53 pm

How far have you gotten Andy?

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:13 am

I haven't played it since my last post, spent the weekend playing WWE 2k16 with my nephew and yesterday I was gifted Rise of the Tomb Raider and Shadow of War (the latter releases next week). Might be a few weeks before I get back into it, but I'm compelled enough by the Connor/Haytham story that I'll make sure to finish.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:11 pm

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:45 am

😂😂😂

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:59 am

I was in Florence and Venice in June and I couldn't help but look at the structure of buildings and think how suitable they were for Assassin's Creed style climbing, particularly the indents in the old buildings. A quick visit to Google and I realised that both cities were featured in AC II.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:06 pm

Hah! Fantastic gif.

And yep, no doubt the game creators thought the exact same thing. Not only are Florence and Venice the setting of AC II, but they're just two of the locations across Italy to check out. Then there's Rome, the setting of AC II: Brotherhood.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:51 pm

Gotten back into AC:III. After playing so much of Middle Earth and Tomb Raider over the last few weeks, this game suddenly feels very outdated and clunky compared to how it felt before. I'm still addoring the orchestral music though.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:56 pm

Yep, coming out in 2012 will do that for it.