Fucking
Mormont

That's my fucking girl!

Brandon Morrison - Chief of Staff and Forum Attaché to the Grand Chancellor

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Re: Game Of Thrones

Post by El Canuck » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:30 am

She had a badass performance last night, putting all those grown men in their places.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:53 am

It has to be embarrassing as fuck, to get dressed down by a 10 year old girl like that. You better fall in line after that

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:06 am

Damn straight. She's not playing around for such a young girl.

Just think about this......

There are 13 episodes left. That number sounds pretty deliberate in terms of planning, as in they've been trodding along producing 10 episodes at a time. They pretty much get $100 million to produce every season, some seasons ration off money by way of "filler episodes" like this season had early to make way for the more important episodes later on.

Not only do Benioff and Weiss know that there is 13 episodes left they also know that they have (and this is purely conjecture on my part) $200 million to make them with 7 in 2017 and 6 in 2018. That must mean there is some seriously epic episodes ahead. I can assume from this these episodes are specifically planned at had to be approved by HBO for budgeting purposes. I just can't see them saying "You can make do with $70 million for 7 episodes and $60 million for the remaining 6, right?" especially if the finale of the show itself is made on the usual $10 million per episode. The rationing would have to be tightened significantly. That's just not going to happen.

So yeah, there's every reason to get super hyped I'd say. They haven't even hit top gear yet.

“What a strange girl you are. Flung out of space.....”

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:10 pm

Those shortened seasons are going to wreak havoc on me. But damn, I anticipate they they will be jam packed.

ALSO! Updated my GoT Actors quiz for Season Six: http://www.jetpunk.com/user-quizzes/786 ... ctors-quiz

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:51 am

Shorter seasons mean better budget for some kick ass episodes

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:52 am

I know no king, but the King In The North, whose name is Stark!

*sigh*

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:59 pm

Spoiler: show

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:20 pm

eobversion1 wrote:
Oh poor, sweet Margaery.

*sobs*

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:23 pm

I don't blame the lad

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:16 pm

Not one iota.

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:59 pm

Did he actually ever stick it to Marg? For real? Because you can't really miss what you never had

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:26 pm

Why yes, yes he did.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:30 pm

In the show they had an after-sex scene. So, I would say so. In the books he was just a little boy who loved kittens and hated beets.

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:46 pm

Ah, I didn't remember that. I remember the cat cockblocking that one time, but nothing otherwise. He was a king and banged his hot wife. He peaked

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:59 pm

but......he could have been the King and banged his hot wife some more. It was a bit of a quagmire the whole business with the High Sparrow, to be honest. There were many points if I were Tommen I would have started a serious warpath to get her back or stopped it from happening in the first place.

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:36 pm

He was too soft a child, he was

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:48 pm

Well that, and his mother's raging case of rampant insanity that the entire Lannister clan save for Tyrion kept turning a blind eye to.

Tommen woke that morning thinking his mother, wife and brother-in-law were going to be given a trial for their misdeeds and that Marge and Loras for sure would be let go and his mother admonished before ultimately being shown mercy when the High Sparrow ultimately appealed to the Mother of the Seven. Cersei literally blowing his wife, brother-in-law, father-in-law, uncle, cousin and hundreds of innocents to pieces was an abberation from the day's scheduled events and not exactly a foreseeable occurrence.

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:55 pm

The softness was in response to Evan saying he'd have acted way before it got to the point of the trial itself. The die of that last day was cast well before then

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:05 pm

I disagree, that last day's move was not something anyone outside of Cersei's inner circle of insanity (that being her, a disgraced maester and a mute, undead murder machine) could have foreseen. In fact, the only other people who even knew there was wildfire beneath the city were Tyrion, Bronn and the pyromancers. One was in Mereen, the other in the Riverlands, and the last are pyromaniac douchebags in their own right. The most Tommen, Marge or the Small Council or anyone else with even a hint of power could have prepared for was Cersei maybe barricading herself and Tommen in the Red Keep and having to send enough good swords to deal with the undead-murder-machine in order to bring her out kicking and screaming to the Sept. The casting of the die on blowing the place up was unseen and out of Tommen's power to control. To backtrack even further, it was Cersei herself who gave the Sparrows power in the first place and made them into the threat that they became. Tommen rolled with it as much as he had to in order to safely get Marge and Loras out, but I think that his small council, especially Olenna, were cunning enough to shut down the whole operation after Marge and Loras' safety could be guaranteed. That was the play on the table that the visible dice were being cast for and then Cersei burst into the room in a fit and broke the whole damn table.