Game Of Thrones

Movies, Video Games, TV, more.
El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Re: Game Of Thrones

Post by El Canuck » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:07 pm

Spoiler: show
It's possible, but I can't see them killing off Arya for the Waif in that way. I know it's suspicious because we don't see it on camera, but I think Arya is Arya.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:13 pm

They haven't killed off "Arya" in either case. Maisie Williams is still going to be there, either way that fight went

Brandon Morrison - Chief of Staff and Forum Attaché to the Grand Chancellor

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:42 pm

GooberBM wrote:
They haven't killed off "Arya" in either case. Maisie Williams is still going to be there, either way that fight went
Well yes, but I think it's the real Arya. I don't think they'd kill off the real Arya and replace it with the Waif (not the actors, obviously, but the characters beneath the faces). It serves no purpose and while GRRM, and Dave and Dan, have shown themselves to be quite happy to kill off characters with seemingly no purpose, I don't see a good enough justification to kill off real Arya just to replace it with the Waif for...what? Some scene where she kills Sansa or Jon or someone later and whips off the face and goes "Surprise!" Arya has a greater purpose to GRRM's story than that. Also, keep in mind that last episode we saw the Waif rip off the old woman's face bloodlessly to return to her own, (which is a big change from the books where you can only wear one face at a time and must remove your own to wear another) the Waif's was bleeding on the wall, indicating that it was removed wholly. She wouldn't need to remove her own face, she would just need Arya's to go atop her own.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:02 am

I think the faceless man knew what was going to happen that's why he made arya blind so she could be prepared for that fight

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:19 am

Jaqen was training Arya to become a faceless assassin, a no one with no allegiances or biases other than to the god of death. In this training the Waif was to help, but she became jealous and obsessed and was no longer "no one". This became evident when the Waif went to Jaqen and he said "And?" and she answered with "I was right.", which is a personal statement of inference, not an unbiased observation as they are supposed to deliver. She should have said "A girl has seen-". Jaqen, whose face was back on to her, showed recognition of the statement and his follow up of "A shame, a girl had many talents" was directed at the Waif, who was suddenly an "I" and not "a girl", not Arya. It was the Waif who was being tested, not Arya, and the Waif failed. She couldn't make Arya's death quick and painless as ordered and took a personal stake in the matter, all of which are against the tenets of the House of Black and White. Jaqen knew Arya was too green to carry out a full assassination on her own, she wasn't no one yet, not by a long shot, he recognised as much every time he asked her for her name. What Jaqen had to test was whether or not the Waif had taken on a personal grudge with the new assassin. (a huge problem, as it means his right hand assassin can't be relied on to adhere to the rules with any new recruits) The waif failed that test in how she handled her surveillance and assassination of Arya. (She was instructed to not let her suffer, repeated stabs to the stomach is suffering) Either way, for abandoning her service, Jaqen was obligated to kill Arya, as once in, your life belongs to the many faced god by their tenets. So, testing the Waif killed two birds with one stone.

The next question you might ask is why Jaqen let Arya leave, then, if they're required to serve the many faced god at risk of death? Well, only death can pay for life, Arya robbed the many faced god of her own death, but she gave the god a sacrifice to cover that: the Waif.

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:40 pm

Interesting insight there nucks well written.
This next episode is the one I look forward to out of the serieses episode 9 is usually the big battle or big event eposode.
We have had the red wedding, the benedding , and the white walker battle

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:55 pm

stigsyv1 wrote:Interesting insight there nucks well written.
This next episode is the one I look forward to out of the serieses episode 9 is usually the big battle or big event eposode.
We have had the red wedding, the benedding , and the white walker battle
You forget the Battle of Castle Black, season 4's big Ep.9 event.

I know I can't forget it.

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:48 pm

I left that one as it was the greatest injustice in the whole show they killed my favorite red head

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:35 pm

NEVAR FOREGET~!

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:05 pm

NEVAR~!

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:20 pm

As far as Ygritte's memory goes Nucks...

Hold the door.

HOLD THE DOOR!

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:06 pm

My one complaint about this weeks episode.
No Margaery.
That and a few technical things but yeah that sucks. That shot with Arya's blood on the orange just felt jarring for some reason.

“What a strange girl you are. Flung out of space.....”

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:29 pm

GooberBM wrote:As far as Ygritte's memory goes Nucks...

Hold the door.

HOLD THE DOOR!
I always hold the door for that memory.
eobversion1 wrote:My one complaint about this weeks episode.
No Margaery.
That and a few technical things but yeah that sucks. That shot with Arya's blood on the orange just felt jarring for some reason.
My own gripe from last weeks episode was:
Jaime Lannister's inexplicable halting of his character development. They finally got around to his Riverrun plot, despite that terrible detour to the narrative wasteland that D&D made of Dorne and instead of the progress Jaime makes in the book of steadily becoming less despicable (his hand removal was supposed to be the catalyst of that change) we get him reverting back to "I wanna fuck Cersei and that's all I wanna do, I don't care who I have to kill to do that." and somehow combined that with a "Brienne makes me feel all tingly and I'mma let her go on her way" sort of sympathy that we got when he saw her rowing down the river. You could say that Jaime was just playing Edmure and Brienne to get things done and that he's just playing the hard nosed character that everyone wants to see of him, but if that's the case, I don't think the conveyance of that was done too well. We shall see in time, I suppose.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:45 pm

One of the actors in this pic, taken way back in '91 on the set of a different medieval era production, would go on to play a character on GoT. Let's see who can pick them out from the crowd:

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:58 pm

Man behind Patrick begin last time I seen him in game of thrones he choked his last scene

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:50 am

It seems Lyanna Mormont has turned into quite the meme

http://nerdist.com/were-obsessed-with-l ... character/

“What a strange girl you are. Flung out of space.....”

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:03 pm

Time for EPISODE 9.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:15 pm

Holy shitballs. That was friggin' INTENSE.

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:57 am

I am re watching it just to soak in that epic battle. It reminded me a bit of lotr two towers where the cavalry arrived at the last minute but with little finger not gandalf coming to the aid. And I was cheering every punch that Jon hit Ramsey with that was just cool as fuck

( For the consideration of elcanuck )Do not read unless you want spoiler about next week
next week's finale looks like we gonna see can cersie get her comeuppance and it looks like mallisandre will resurrect rickon as I am sure I seen him with her and it also looks like we will see Frey get his comeuppance as well

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:28 am

You dont need to spoiler previews, stig. Or you at least don't have to make special exception for it.