What are we reading?

Movies, Video Games, TV, more.
El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Re: What are we reading?

Post by El Canuck » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:18 am

I remember the first time I read that chapter. I cursed quite audibly at it. Although, not as much as I did a short while later.

Also, is it possible that you could move this thread to entertainment? Reading is entertainment after all. It would go well with the last show/movie/game watched/played threads.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:19 pm

In my successful effort to bring the word of Marvel comics to the Muse, who is a Marvel movies fan, I've been expanding my own collection lately. Namely, via the Marvel Civil War and its various tie-ins. As a result, I've read the following graphic novels, some are re-reads:

Civil War (re-read for the umpteenth time)
Civil War: Captain America (re-read)
Civil War: Punisher: War Journal
Civil War: X-Men
Civil War: X-Men Universe (not the same as the above, deals with Deadpool & Cable and X-Factor)
The Death of Captain America

Currently on: Civil War: Runaways & Avengers, still have Civil War: Frontline to go.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:45 pm

On Frontline now, I can see me having a large graphic novel collection once this job starts up.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:28 pm

Why the f is this thread moved and I have no idea where they put the thread on this forum.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:35 pm

Because reading is a form of entertainment.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:38 pm

We can add a few more comics to my read list, now that I think about it:

Civil War: Frontline
Civil War: Iron Man
Civil War: Amazing Spider Man
Civil War: Young Avengers & Runaways

Currently working on The Trial Of Captain America, next to buy will be Civil War: Fantastic Four, Civil War: Ms. Marvel and Iron Man: Fallen Son: The Death of Captain America.

Greg_McNeish
Twitter: GregMcNeishWV

Post by Greg_McNeish » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:49 am

I even left a redirect in the original forum. Jeez....

Greg McNeish - Grand Chancellor

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:23 pm

Forgot to add Road to Civil War to that list of comics to buy.

coco
Mid Carder

Post by coco » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:07 pm

I just finished the entire Percy Jackson & the Olympians saga. It's no Harry Potter by any chance but it has its moments. It's missing a bit of obscurity and tragic stories but I guess since it's for a younger demographics, happy endings fit.

Also finished today one called Social Media Metrics. It's hard to read a good book on advertising in social media platforms because they go obsolete in about a year or two. Some cool management tricks in the last chapters though.

Next one the line is a classic management book called "What the CEO wants you to know" by perhaps the greatest consultant of all time. And probably the Heroes of Olympus saga as well
towney007 wrote:Oh and btw... to the 'duhhhhhhhh *drool* Taker don't wear no suitz~' comment: **Shows picture of Calaway in a suit**
Svck my d~ck with sh!t on it.

Dynasty
Title Contender

Post by Dynasty » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:30 pm

Gave up a quarter of the way through the Drawing tree, just couldn't do it. I was hopping the series would get better, but it just felt more like a chore to read than enjoyment. Sucks really because a lot people praise the series, I just never have been fan of Kings work. I wish I was though.

I started William Martins, Citizen Washington. Excellent book so far. I love books where you have the perspective of multiple characters. Looking forward to finishing this 800 pager and moving on to his more famous book City of Dreams.

Some recommendations for those interested.

Ken Follet has some great books.

His Century Trilogy is Phenominal. the third book of the trilogy I think is coming out shortly or just came out.

Also Pillars of the Earth and World without an end were Excellent too.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:01 pm

I've heard great things about the Pillars of the Earth series too, they made a series based on it that aired on CBC, though I can't recall who actually produced it though.

Dynasty
Title Contender

Post by Dynasty » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:33 pm

Yeah the TV series was just OK. First seasons was decent the second season was iffy.

stonecoldnimrod
Twitter: stonecoldnimrod

Post by stonecoldnimrod » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:03 pm

simpsons: kang and kodos #1 from bongo comics.
facebook.com/houstonwrestlingradio

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:35 pm

Oh The Simpsons comics, how I used to love reading them.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:31 pm

Looking forward to making a run to the comic store to load up on some graphic novels when I either get laid off or get a shift change at my job. 6 days on, 1 day off for 12 hour days leaves fuck all time for anything extra. I would even love to give A Song of Ice and Fire another read but, where's the time?

Greg_McNeish

Post by Greg_McNeish » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:07 pm

Speaking of which, I'm 2/3rds of the way through Feast For Crows, en route to finally getting to Dance With Dragons, which I purchased last December.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:23 pm

By the time you get them all read The Winds of Winter might finally be on shelves.

Greg_McNeish

Post by Greg_McNeish » Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:08 am

That's certainly the hope.

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:43 am

In preparation for the hotly anticipated Paul Thomas Anderson film adaptation I'm reading Inherent Vice by Thomas Pynchon. It's insanely witty and so well described. Really digging it.

“What a strange girl you are. Flung out of space.....”

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:18 am

Tomorrow when I hit the city I'll be making a run to the comic book store for more graphic novels, that's a thing that's definitely got to happen.