Trump voters, yo

*shakes my head in unsurprised disappointment*

Brandon Morrison - Chief of Staff and Forum Attaché to the Grand Chancellor

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Re: Idiocracy

Post by Big slim » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:07 pm

There's cutting off your nose to spite your face, shooting yourself in the foot, and then there's whatever the hell Trump voters are doing.

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:13 pm

I really wish they could delay this whole nuclear war thing at least until after Black Panther and Season 3 of Young Justice come out.

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:38 pm

This is a compelling argument for reforming the job of President. If playing the war card is what you have to do to prove your worth then there's something terribly wrong with that.

Obama was attacked from the left, the right and the far right on the basis of his reluctant yet present foreign policy. It's always a losing battle. The Washington Foreign Policy establishment is set in their ways, they should have to own the blame more if they're so gung ho about their plans and ideology.

“What a strange girl you are. Flung out of space.....”

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:03 pm

7 months in. 7 months in and we are staring down a potential nuclear war. Fucking brilliant.

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:32 am

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:49 am

The United States is a country that has been owned (literally) by white, mostly Protestant men over 240 years. Lands stolen, human lives marginalized and decimated to make it happen.

For the first time in the United States' history, the entire country has looked actual equality (or something even just approaching equality) in the face and in true American fashion the response has been an irrational backlash in the opposite direction.

The complete stupidity of people that don't understand that equal rights doesn't mean the erasure of their rights is amazing.

The other important part is something I heard in a podcast just yesterday, thanks to the always on-point Ana Marie Cox: "The Civil War was like a fight between brothers. Even if one wins the fight, it's not like the other actually loses anything. What did the South actually lose? World War II -- The Germans losing the war, they lost! In the South, the Confederacy didn't lose. White people don't have to bring back the Confederacy, it still exists to this day."

And she and her guest are absolutely right

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:20 am

I doubt Trump will condemn or have anything to say about this.

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:30 pm

If Trump doesn't denounce this shit then you know exactly what he means by it.

https://www.apnews.com/12de1cb47897443384cc36d8621c3cf7

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:51 pm

If you want to understand why so many right wingers are angry and feel they are slighted by change and progress, read the replies beneath any verified career right winger on Twitter. The comments being spun are regurgitations from right wing media, sometimes verbatim. They have had it drilled into their heads that equal rights means they lose rights, that all foreigners are evil drug smugglers/terrorists/moochers, that gays and trans people are mentally ill, that climate change is a hoax and all that other horseshit. They view left wingers, or "leftists" not as fellow Americans, but as the enemy that must be destroyed, lest their nation crumble. People like Glen Beck, Limbaugh, Hannity, Alex Jones, Colter, and now Tomi Lahren, among others, have been sowing the seeds of this discord for years. They do it for profit, of course; there isn't one among that list that aren't making a fortune from spewing raw hatred and that's where their interest in the whole matter lives and dies. Take that Milo guy; who was he before he started writing awful, hateful diatribes about left wingers on Breitbart? Now that's his whole career: being as repugnant as he possibly can be.

While their end game is profits, their business model produces a terrible, nasty by-product: a hate-engorged, riled-up, misinformed, close-minded legion of millions. I don't know how you can reach these people, or if there even is a way. If you say anything that runs counter to what they are saying they shut down and start firing insults like it's ammo in a Gatling gun (In all caps for extra emphasis!) until one simply loses the will to engage any further. I fear where all this hate might lead and it's equal parts disheartening and depressing that Hannity and Colter and their ilk never seem to be held accountable for the repugnance they unleash.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:49 pm

The U.S. right wing media in the age of Trump are as one prominent conservative has put it are "clickservatives" this I think explains your concerns completely.

https://thebuckleyclub.com/the-sell-out-bc23ce55f101

I really can't understand how Trump didn't meet the very bare minimum requirements for an adequate response on the ugliest day of his presidency so far domestically. Instead, he gave a weak kneed response and refused to name the aggressor, he refused to name the enemy. He refused to condemn those committing murder in his name. Go figure.

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:07 pm

3 people are now believed to have died. Nazis claimed three lives and weren't condemned directly by the President of the United States.

It shouldn't be hard to condemn domestic terrorists if you're the President of the United States.

A disgrace.

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:05 pm

#MAGA

endless
Hall Of Famer

Post by endless » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:38 am

Vice is doing great work:

Mafwanix
Title Contender

Post by Mafwanix » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:40 pm

^^ Jeez, I look like some of these assholes. I better shave my beard off.

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:49 pm

What in the actual fuck?

Do we really live in a timeline in which a former Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan just thanked the President of the United States for sticking up for him and his kind of people, when his kind of people murdered someone publicly?

I'm at a true loss of words for this one

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:53 pm

Trump just gave a press conference that made everyone's head spin. Notably referring to white supremacists as "fine people" and criticised anyone but Neo-Nazis, White Nationalists and the KKK. You know, the ones who organised the hate rallies and committed murder. Now you see what he's about, you see what's in his heart. He has never had any interest in being horrified by the racism that is spewed in his name.

Richard Nixon was better than this. Much better than this. He was tougher than Trump on the Klan and racist plus he founded the EPA. So......

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:08 pm

This is gobsmacking. Just completely gobsmacking. This is completely unacceptable and is very personally terrifying

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:10 pm

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tru ... d_nn_fb_ma

In-fucking-credible. Like, I honestly don't know what to saw at this point.

Like think of the worst Presidents in modern U.S. History and Trump is doing his damnest to be the absolute worst. Nixon actually got shit done, Bush the first won a damn war, hell even Bush the sequel wasn't this much of a fuck up.

I mean what's next, is this man going to deny the Holocaust? Say slavery wasn't that bad? Defend Jim Crow? I don't think he can go lower, but this fucker will find a way. I have zero respect for the position that he has. He is beyond pathetic, but honestly none of his base or the GOP base will turn against him

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Post by AndyF1069 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:53 pm

A list of major news sources reporting on the press conference. Fake news, clearly.

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comme ... /?sort=top
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan