the Board style themes?

Post your comments, questions, and suggestions for WrestleView.
TheLyontamer

Re: the Board style themes?

Post by TheLyontamer » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:11 pm

Staying away from your post is a good approach for anyone in a position of power to take. Proactivity at its finest.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:35 pm

The most insulting thing about his post was that as an admin, he made no attempt to engage the issue (a black on white theme), he just swung in, stuck his nose up at us for even daring to raise questions and went on his way before the stench of us reached his precious nostrils. What a class act he is all around. If he doesn't want to be around the forum then step down and hand the administration reins over to someone who does, because there are several of us who would gladly, you know, actually handle shit around here instead of just shirking it off and walking away the minute someone has the audacity to ask something of the admins or point out a problem.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

TheLyontamer

Post by TheLyontamer » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:44 pm

I'm with you. It's laughable and I'm sick of biting my tongue about this. Greg does a very fine job, but is limited in what he's able to do. While it's initially understandable, the "I've got a busy life and don't have time to waste managing a wrestling forum" excuse only goes so far. None of the admins ever have time to do anything around here. They'll show up for a week or so every two years, all guns blazing, then disappear again without trace. That's a big problem and something needs to be done about it. Whether it's because of frustraton with isrs, or because you don't like wrestling anymore, or because you just can't be bothered, if you don't want to mod this place, why don't you take the mature approach and hand the reins over to somebody else?

By the way, the clock on the forum is out by seven minutes. Please fix it.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:29 pm

Yeah thats TVS, ignoring what I want... he must not like wrestling anymore
and should listen to his fellow members of a nice idea for the board.

His post seem to out dated...

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:06 pm

I appreciated the joke, at least

Brandon Morrison - Chief of Staff and Forum Attaché to the Grand Chancellor

TheLyontamer

Post by TheLyontamer » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:23 pm

I accept that it’s not your forum, TVS, and Paul is ultimately in charge. I don’t think it’s unreasonable, though, to expect that the admins of a forum (especially when there are only three) should have a system in place to ensure that, between them, requests get dealt with in a somewhat timely manner. We had to lobby for ages (two years, I believe) for something as simple as an edit button which should never have been taken away in the first place.

I like to think I have a sense of humour, but when all admins are basically inactive (Paul and Hunter last logged in seven and eight months ago respectively), and then one finally shows up and makes a comment about how he’s glad he stays away from this place, it rubs me the wrong way. Despite its declining popularity, there are still plenty of people who are very passionate about the forum and want the best for it. It would be nice to think that the people who are given the responsibility of running it feel the same way.

This post is directed at all the admins.

And I was being petty on purpose with the comment about the forum clock. It’s my humour, you see. ;)

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:38 pm

I agree with Tamer.

When people have come here with legitimate complaints and your response is to crack a joke that has no written implications it's just a joke, don't be surprised when people don't take it that way, especially when its the first words out of your mouth in months.

You claim you have paid attention more than anyone, but what have you done? Why is it then that the Sports board and Off Topic still don't allow for 15 minute edit times after posts? No one dealt with that. Where's the black on white theme? You didn't deal with that and those are the two major complaints, or do you even have such capability in your scope of power? Isrs nitpicking about boards is just idle nitpicking, but those two were legitimate concerns and you sir, have not fixed them. No one has, because no one that can bothers to show up around here.

You leave it all on Greg and limit him to only being a moderator and not a full admin then all the old boys club sit on the admin spots and take off into the night, never to show up and never to delegate power to anyone else. It's almost as if you admins would rather let the ship sink than see someone else at the helm and that's both immature and selfish. It might not be your forum, but if you can't be bothered to be a part of it anymore, tell Paul and ask him to put someone else in your spot that does.
Last edited by El Canuck on Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:39 pm

TVS wrote:
isrs4life wrote:Yeah thats TVS, ignoring what I want... he must not like wrestling anymore
and should listen to his fellow members of a nice idea for the board.

His post seem to out dated...
I'm the one who added all the goddamn themes in the first place. Paul decided to nix them.

I've paid more attention to your silly requests than any other admin on this board.

You're welcome, I guess.
Yeah the other themes i used a couple of times but subsilver2 was my fav
I just wish we had that only as the other option if you can find a newer one.
but I apprieciate those themes you had then you guys felt like they were
too much for the forum but that one theme I talked about was always there
but redebut a new look of the one i'm talking about and you've always had in
the first place before those other themes you suggested for people.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:14 pm

You made Greg a MOD. Don't act like that's the same thing, Greg has no power to fix the edit button issues or add themes, don't lay this at his feet, you didn't delegate squat.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:22 pm

TVS wrote:
El Canuck wrote:I agree with Tamer.

When people have come here with legitimate complaints and your response is to crack a joke that has no written implications it's just a joke, don't be surprised when people don't take it that way, especially when its the first words out of your mouth in months.
I forgot - I'm an admin - I'm not supposed to have fun here. My bad.
Don't go making strawmen fallacies here, no one said you weren't allowed to have fun. I said that your joke, being the first words out of your mouth, with no allusion to joking, can very well be taken the wrong way.
TVS wrote:
El Canuck wrote:You claim you have paid attention more than anyone, but what have you done?
I installed the themes that ISRS asked for. That's all I was talking about.
El Canuck wrote:Why is it then that the Sports board and Off Topic still don't allow for 15 minute edit times after posts? No one dealt with that.
Not my call to make. What did Paul say when you talked to him about it?
Paul disappeared after putting up the new theme and implementing the edit button, never to be seen again.

As for all this:
TVS wrote:
El Canuck wrote:those two were legitimate concerns and you sir, have not fixed them. No one has, because no one that can bothers to show up around here.
You are right - I admitted a few years ago that I don't have the time so I lobbied for and made Greg a moderator.
El Canuck wrote:then all the old boys club sit on the admin spots and take off into the night, never to show up and never to delegate power to anyone else.
I made both Greg and Doug moderators at everyone's request. I'd call that delegating.
El Canuck wrote:It's almost as if you admins would rather let the ship sink than see someone else at the helm and that's both immature and selfish.
You're right - I'm immature and selfish. Because I don't, you know, delegate.
El Canuck wrote:It might not be your forum, but if you can't be bothered to be a part of it anymore, tell Paul and ask him to put someone else in your spot that does.
Right - because I haven't...

Would my abdicating my admin role REALLY fix your issues? Are edit buttons and themes really worth this heartache? What happened to light-hearted friendly discussions? Have we forgotten how NOT to take ourselves too seriously?
You didn't delegate squat. You made Greg a MOD. Don't act like that's the same thing, Greg has no power to fix the edit button issues or add themes, don't lay this at his feet, you didn't delegate squat. Why would you cling to the admin role when you want nothing to do with this forum? Why is it so important to you to be an admin here when you can't be bothered to do anything but make snide remarks?

Honestly though, look at that post and ask yourself in retrospect what sort of response you expected to get from it?

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:00 pm

Ahh, tvs is hard head to crack. hes talking about years ago and this is a new
request.

How hard is it to add just the one theme every ones asking for.

and those 4 themes that you put up tvs were removed and is not
my current request of one original theme.

I respect that you've come by thow tvs but listen to the current request.

Little Jimmy
Hall Of Famer

Post by Little Jimmy » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:36 pm

He doesn't work for the site, anymore. He needs to have ftp access to the site to upload the themes. He may not even have access to the hosting account. I think he's made it pretty clear that its not his place to do anymore.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:10 pm

I don't know what his scope of power is, hence why I did ask in the rant if he in fact could do those things. The only thing he said was that he didn't own the forum, which we all knew he didn't, but he is an admin here.

Greg_McNeish
Twitter: GregMcNeishWV

Post by Greg_McNeish » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:49 pm

Hi Tom. Nice to see you.

Greg McNeish - Grand Chancellor

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:50 pm

AHh, next stop, Paul Nemer

and change your avatar TVS

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:02 pm

I know you wont delete your account tvs you just need to add that theme

Little Jimmy
Hall Of Famer

Post by Little Jimmy » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:02 pm

Stop sassing TVS. :x

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:04 pm

tvs deleted all his post

Greg_McNeish
Twitter: GregMcNeishWV

Post by Greg_McNeish » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:05 pm

Isrs, he doesn't work here any more. He can't add any themes.

Greg McNeish - Grand Chancellor

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:07 pm

I could of been the one who drove him nuts...