CHIKARA Returns (Simulation)

Whether you're building a dream Wrestlemania, or writing 20 years worth of shows, share your creations with the world.
Jama7301
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jama7301

Re: CHIKARA Returns (Simulation)

Post by Jama7301 » Tue May 06, 2014 10:25 pm

Nah, it'll be a steel chair. Gotta have a weapon/step-stool at all times.

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer

Post by Jama7301 » Fri May 23, 2014 3:55 pm

Oooh boy, I may have to change the name of the CHIKARA tag championships. That is certainly some name to type out...

Greg_McNeish
Twitter: GregMcNeishWV

Post by Greg_McNeish » Fri May 23, 2014 10:24 pm

Show of hands: Who remembers what they're called, without looking up the name?

Greg McNeish - Grand Chancellor

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Fri May 23, 2014 11:40 pm

I know it's a name written in Spanish, to better represent the luchadore culture CHIKARA regularly rapes. But other than that, I got nothing

Brandon Morrison - Chief of Staff and Forum Attaché to the Grand Chancellor

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer

Post by Jama7301 » Mon May 26, 2014 10:40 pm

CHIKARA TV
Saturday, March 3, 2014
Rahway Recreation Center, Rahway, New Jersey

Pre-Show
The Colony (Arctic Rescue Ant, AssailANT, deviANT, Fire Ant, and Green Ant) vs The Osirian Portal (Amasis & Ophidian), Gran Akuma, Hallowicked & Chuck Taylor

The Colony is a well oiled machine, but Chuck Taylor takes matters into his own hands, picking up the win for his team after leveling deviANT with the Awful Waffle.

Rating:E+

Main Show

The show opens up with Wink Vavasseur and Lenard Chickarason welcoming us to CHIKARA TV. They go over last week’s show, showing the brawl that ended last week’s show, when Striker tried to take the Grand Championship from The Masterpiece but failed. They also talk about the random disappearance and return of Madison Eagles last show. Shifting gears though, they are proud to announce that a tournament is being constructed to crown our first Campeonatos de Parejas. So, tonight will be chock full of Tag Team action, as we announce teams for the tournament.

Rating: D-

We leave the commentary as Prince Nana appears on the ramp, flanked by Blaster McMassive & Max Smashmaster. “It appears that CHIKARA doesn’t respect me, or my clients. After the calamity that befell Max Smashmaster last month, forcing him to forfeit his chance at the Young Lion’s Cup, and at the Grand Championship, CHIKARA has yet to give him his fair shot at the harlot who stole his spot in the finals. So tonight, this ring… “ Nana points down the ramp “is ours, until Madison Eagles comes down, and faces both Max, and Blaster McMassive. Accrued interest and all.” He sets the mic down, and his two behemoths lumber down the ring, and pace the ring. They don’t have to wait long though, as Eagles’ music hits, and she heads down the ring, confident as always. A ref runs down and this match is official.

Match 1
Handicap Match
Madison Eagles vs Pearl Slam (Max Smashmaster & Blaster McMassive) w/ Prince Nana

Eagles is outsized and outnumbered, but she keeps her wits about her. She comes out strong on McMassive, laying into him with forearms, but soon the numbers game takes over, and the Eagle gets grounded. Smashmaster has just tagged in, but takes too long to gloat over the fallen Eagles, which gives her the opportunity to kick the back of the knee out of him. Smashmaster gets to his feet, incensed at Eagles, who has now gotten back to her feet. Max rushes Madison, who bails from the ring. Max chases her to the outside, but she’s waiting for him, and sends him into the barricade. As he lays propped up against it, she gets a head of steam and lands a running big boot, sending him over the barricade and into the first row! The ref’s count is up to 4, as McMassive goes after Eagles. He goes to spear her at ringside, but she sidesteps and McMassive crashes into the ring steps. Eagles is back in the ring, as Prince Nana is clutching his head, stunned at what just happened. Eagles stares down Nana, dons a cocky grin, and strikes a pose as the ref counts 10. (6:16)

Rating: E

A video goes up, depicted an empty ring. Then the words “Wrestling History with Matt Striker: Episode 1 – Weapons” appears. We see a closeup of Striker as he begins. “Hi, I’m Matt Striker, and today, we’re going to learn about traditional wrestling weapons. First, “the camera pans out “we have the tried and true folding chair. A staple of wrestling for decade. A shot with this deals considerable damage. It is also one of the more versatile weapons, as it can be used to modify body slams and other moves, to add to their impact, it can be swung at a body part, or you can drop your opponent onto it. Next, is the Kendo stick. Kendo is a form of Japanese martial arts, so this weapon has a long history of applied use. It’s a very effective striking weapon, and can be used to choke out your opponent. The next two, are kind of new-age-y, but still dangerous. The Ladder, and the Table. Tables aren’t as much of a weapon, as they are a bodymaker. Put an opponent through one of these, and they’ll feel it for weeks. The ladder is more of a prop to give your existing high flying moves more oomph, but you can also slam your opponent onto them. These are widely considered to be the tools of the professional wrestler, but there are some who would mess with decades of proven quality.” Striker holds up a light tube. “Flimsy” He tosses it over his shoulder. He then grabs a title belt. “Disrespectful” He sets it down on a velvet cushion. He then grabs the sqeaky hammer used the first week of CHIKARA’s return. “Childish.” He throws that over his shoulder as well, and it makes an audible “squeak” as it hits the ground. “Now that you’re properly informed, you know the tool for every occasion. This has been Wrestling History, and I’m Matt Striker.”

Rating: D+

Match 2
The Incoherants (Frightmare & Hallowicked) vs Ice Cream Bros. (Ice Cream Jr. & El Hijo Del Ice Cream)

The Incoherants teaming up for the first time since CHIKARA’s return, take on the Lactose Luchador Lads, and prove that hierarchy wins out in the end, as Junior takes the fall to Hallowicked’s Graveyard Smash. (2:57)

Match 3
Mark Angelosetti & Sugar Dunkerton vs Kobald & Kodama

Angelosetti and Dunkerton have had beef in the past, but they look to put it behind them, as they’ve been announced as a team for the Tag Team Tournament. Kobald and Kodama try to take advantage of the dissention between their opponents, but it doesn’t last, as the two, two-sport athletes put their competitive sides away long enough for Angelosetti to plant Kobald with a monstrous Spinebuster. (6:24)

Rating: E-
After the match, Dunkerton and Angelosetti look wearily at each other, until Dunkerton breaks the ice by making a belt motion across his waist, and extends his hand. Angelosetti hesitates, before shaking it, saying “now you’re speaking my language”.
Rating: E-

We cut to the back where Matt Striker is standing, holding a thick book. He motions off camera, and we see the Masterpiece rolled into frame. Striker continues “Now now, don’t give me that look. It’s in the CHIKARA bylaws that I have to strip you of the title. Right here, see?” He holds the book up to the statue. Striker closes the book with a snap, smiling smugly. He goes to open his mouth, but The Masterpiece reaches over, grabs the CHIKARA Rulebook, and tosses it over his shoulder. He then reaches down and grabs a covered placard, and strikes a new, taunting pose. Evie skips up behind him, and uncovers the placard, before skipping away. It reads “Take It If You Can by The Masterpiece”. Striker glowers angrily at the statue, before throwing a fit and heading off screen.

Rating: C-

Main Event
2.0 (Shane Matthews & Scott Parker) vs Ace Steel & Ricochet
Steel and Ricochet are game, but their lack of experience working together is evident, as Parker and Matthews are on the same page throughout the entirety of the match. Ricochet loads up a double Rotation Moonsault to hit on Parker, but Matthews hits the ropes as he’s about to jump, causing Ricochet to crash and burn. Parker picks up the win with the Jagged Edge on Ricochet, as Matthews clears out Steel. (14:34)

2.0 celebrate their win and announce that they too will be entering the Tag Team Tournament, and they’re going to be the first CHIKARA Tag Team Champions.

Rating: D
Show Rating: D-

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Mon May 26, 2014 11:10 pm

Did you just rip off my Maddie Eagles handicap match finish? Fantastic.

You sure seem to be abusing Evie and Masterpiece's looks to pop a C- rating on that skit.

And oh my goodness...match times!!!

The matches seem to be slowly coming along. Things are looking like they're picking up a bit

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer

Post by Jama7301 » Mon May 26, 2014 11:13 pm

If it worked for her once before...

Funny thing is, that was segment between Masterpiece and Striker was just their Entertainment. Kimber Lee and Evie were only there because they're managers for the guys, so they were unrated.

Also, I think "Wrestling History With Matt Striker" may be a running mini-series.

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Mon May 26, 2014 11:19 pm

I'm surprised that Evie's looks aren't good enough for you to rate her. Masterpiece and Striker are doing okay for themselves if they're pooping out C- segments together. Good for them

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer

Post by Jama7301 » Mon May 26, 2014 11:23 pm

Originally, it wasn't going to have Evie running in and being the unveiler of things, but, well, stream of conscious and -boop-, Evie skipping across frame.

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Mon May 26, 2014 11:29 pm

I'm all about milking cheap talent for what they're good at. I'm sure Evie doesn't cost much and if she can add value to a segment, make it happen. Plus a skipping Kiwi just makes the heart grow three sizes in joy. And you sure didn't mention Kimber Lee being there. She's sneaky, she is

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer

Post by Jama7301 » Mon May 26, 2014 11:31 pm

She wasn't, at least, I didn't think so. I just saw in the notes for that segment that Kimber Lee and Matt Striker work really well off of each other. So, that's why i assumed it was because I set her to be Striker's Manager.

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Mon May 26, 2014 11:38 pm

Ah, I gotcha. The long and short of it is that those kids put together a nice little segment.

It's going to get to be about time to start pumping out some segments with more of the roster to start creating personalities throughout the card. Especially with this tag title tournament

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer

Post by Jama7301 » Mon May 26, 2014 11:40 pm

I have a tentative amount of teams set up. Just need to decide on the format.

I did sign a new worker though to form a mystery team with a current wrestler. That'll be fun to build towards.

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Mon May 26, 2014 11:45 pm

The more complicated and convoluted the better. And that will be a fun little surprise to see come to roost.

#TeamBigKICK, man. #TeamBigKICK

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer

Post by Jama7301 » Mon May 26, 2014 11:50 pm

Trying to decide if I want to block it out, or if I want to just go Single Elimination.

Then I need to decide if I'm running KiwEagles, or Brick Kickers.

If anything, CHIKARA has been the land of fairly nice things so far for babyfaces.

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Mon May 26, 2014 11:54 pm

You've had to spend the time setting the parameters and the only people you know, you've made babyfaces (except for Striker). Once you get comfortable with the roster you have, I have little doubt the dark times are coming. Even though CHIKARA is a land of nice things, we know you don't like them. Something will have to give

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer

Post by Jama7301 » Mon May 26, 2014 11:57 pm

I actually really want to use Eddie Kingston, so I might be doing an excursion for him like I did Slaughter for MACW. I have Plans for him and my main event scene. I'm REEEAAAALLY heel heavy right now, so I need to fix that balance.

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer

Post by Jama7301 » Tue May 27, 2014 2:32 am

Well, just spent a little time filling out some tag teams, and yeah, I could do this Round Robin style. I'm sitting on about 15 teams I could use for this thing.

My roster is WAY too big for a promotion my size...

Greg_McNeish
Twitter: GregMcNeishWV

Post by Greg_McNeish » Tue May 27, 2014 6:15 pm

Looks became much, much, much, much less abusable after TEW 2005 (of which this game is), because its exemption from Overness-balancing was removed. In its place, Menace is a usable skill that has the same ability to pop massive ratings that Looks did the first time out.

Anyway, Eagles as a lone wolf is where it's at. They're not flocking birds. KiwEagles existed in the alternate universe, not here.

Greg McNeish - Grand Chancellor

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer

Post by Jama7301 » Tue May 27, 2014 6:48 pm

Wonder if looks got split into Menace and Sex Appeal, to prevent looks from being so abusable.