This place, is coming like a ghost town

Anything goes forum. Discuss Politics, school, family, whatever you want.
Mafwanix
Title Contender

Re: This place, is coming like a ghost town

Post by Mafwanix » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:37 pm

El Canuck wrote:TVS deleted his entire account, not because he didn't want to do any admin work, but because he showed up, called this place down to the dirt and I confronted him over it.
Huh. Tom was a pretty smart guy that helped me out with a number of computer problems.

I wasn't around the site much at the time, but I remember a period where Paul was trying to get some commercial sponsorship of some sort for WV, back around the time they initiated the VIP paid membership stuff (does WV have that anymore?). Some sponsor required the forum be more "family friendly" and TVS was modifying the software, which I take it, was a nightmare. That was when the edit function was deleted, and there was some sort of "cuss filter" that automatically deleted certain words in posts. The BBS functionality pretty much went to shit, and I guess TVS got fed up with being the scapegoat.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:48 pm

Ok, why can't this forum have themes yes I requested a few themes
before and I got them and not sure about what they were now or if anyone
used them before which were deleted but why can't it hurt to have a white on blue or black theme? I mean bring back black pearl&subsilver2 for classic themes please
Paul ;) ;) ;)

^Also, they were original part of the old forum before the extra themes I requested.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:40 pm

Mafwanix wrote:
El Canuck wrote:TVS deleted his entire account, not because he didn't want to do any admin work, but because he showed up, called this place down to the dirt and I confronted him over it.
Huh. Tom was a pretty smart guy that helped me out with a number of computer problems.
Smart people are still capable of being assholes.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:18 pm

towney007 was made a site admid but I don't think he ever done such good.