Presidential Election 2012

Anything goes forum. Discuss Politics, school, family, whatever you want.
gutterhippo
VIP Member

Presidential Election 2012

Post by gutterhippo » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:04 am

We're a few months away from the big one! What are everyone's thoughts on the upcoming presidential election? Post thoughts, political flubs, and favorite smear ads here!

I'll start with the latest present from Mitt Romney to the Obama campaign...
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... ?hpt=hp_c1

Oh Mitt, you're making this too easy!

endless
Hall Of Famer

Re: Presidential Election 2012

Post by endless » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:00 am

Here is the latest of Mitt's videos:
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... east-peace

Purely from a political game point of view, Mitt Romney has to be the worst presidential candidate that I can remember. It's just one major flub after another. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the Republican party is throwing him under the bus on purpose.

In general the choice are:
-Obama: Center right, good politician, some good social progress, mediocre on the economy, mediocre on foreign policy
-Romney: Right wing, horrible politician, no social progress, terrible on the economy, terrible on foreign policy

I'm not happy with Obama. I wish that he was a true left wign democrate, but he has my vote. There is no way Romney should win.

metallicamaniac
Hall Of Famer

Post by metallicamaniac » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:51 pm

I think you are being a little gracious with Obama calling him "mediocre" with the economy, and his drone-filled foreign policy, endless...
Dusk dismantled
Combustion's convergence with our existence
Dusk dismantled
We are the infinitesimal

gutterhippo
VIP Member

Post by gutterhippo » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:38 pm

metallicamaniac wrote:I think you are being a little gracious with Obama calling him "mediocre" with the economy, and his drone-filled foreign policy, endless...
How would you describe it, then? The economy was in the shitter, it's getting better, what do you want?

I really don't understand the logic of the Right in complaining about the economy not being sparkles and sunshine. It's certainly faulty to blame the Bush administration entirely for what the economy was, but the fact of the matter is that Obama inherited a shitty economy. Because the Dems haven't completely returned the economy to the Clinton-era, you turn back to the party that still believes in the dated and disproved idea of trickle-down economics? You turn to a man that makes clear how little he cares for you and all of the rest of us that are struggling in the economy right now?

For a very oversimplified example, let's say Director X makes a shitty Teen Titans live-action movie. Director Y comes in and tries to save the franchise with Teen Titans II, which is better than the original but still burdened with trying to explain all of the holes in the first movie. Would you want Director X to make Teen Titans III? What's the logic in that??

I agree with endless' assessment. Obama- eh, decent, Romney- *facepalm*

metallicamaniac
Hall Of Famer

Post by metallicamaniac » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:50 pm

Nowhere did I say I support either. I'm just saying, where's the change that was promised? Is everybody really better off? Are we going to have a sudden turnaround with QE3? No simply printing money will not, and has historically helped a bad economy. Look, I don't want to get involved in a heated debate over this, but if need be I will not hesitate to back up what I say in defense of my opinion. I just don't buy half the verbal diarrhea that tumbles out of the mouths of the idiots on either party. Maybe that's because I don't subscribe to the mainstream media that has turned us Americans into a bunch of stagnant sheeple that believe everything our oh so trustworthy government throws at us. Personally, I'm more afraid of the government than I am of the evil they supposedly want to protect us from...
Dusk dismantled
Dusk dismantled
We are the infinitesimal

metallicamaniac
Hall Of Famer

Post by metallicamaniac » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:51 pm

*has not historically
Dusk dismantled
Dusk dismantled
We are the infinitesimal

Robmayn
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: sRobXMayneZe

Post by Robmayn » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:52 pm

I know I am not a citizen of the US, but think about. Europe is going to shit, so don´t expect anyone to make the economy rise on the following four years.

Legend_Killer
Mid Carder

Post by Legend_Killer » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:24 am

On behalf of the rest of the world; PLEASE DON'T VOTE IN ROMNEY. Our small country have already had about 6 troops die in Afghanistan this year 9which is a large percentage of our overall total of troops) in a war we got dragged into because we have no choice, and the way I saw Romney talk about what he wants to do to Iran scares the hell out of me.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:55 pm

I really hope Mitt-Rom doesn't get in. Republicans are repugnant to begin with, but this guy just takes the cake of douchebaggery.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

gutterhippo
VIP Member

Post by gutterhippo » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:22 am

To give credit where it's due, Romney slaughtered Obama last night in the debate. Hopefully next time Obama doesn't pussyfoot around and really goes after Romney; he needs to remind the country why Romney was trailing in the polls all this time.

gutterhippo
VIP Member

Post by gutterhippo » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:07 pm

Looking back at the campaigns, it's entertaining to see how the tables have turned on the Republicans. Social issues like women's rights, immigration policy, and gay rights, which were once used by conservatives to distract voters from real issues are now being avoided like the plague. The country no longer agrees in majority with the bigoted views of the religious right, so Republicans who used to not be able to shut up about these issues are now crying that people/media are focusing too much on them rather than the economy. Another delicious table-turning involves faith, which conservatives have relied on for uninformed votes. It's wonderful to see that those people that have previously voted based on wanting a Christian nation will be forced to vote against their party.

On the flip side, what issues should the country vote on? I'm watching CNN right now and they're talking about how recreational marijuana and same-sex marriage ballot measures could lead to more Obama voters hitting the polls. I hear people running their mouths on facebook about how if you care about women, it would be a big FU to the women in your life if you vote for Romney. Honestly, it is legitimate to ask 'What about the economy?!' And what about education, and the death grip the teacher unions have on the nutsacks of liberal politicians? What issues will you vote on?

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:43 am

I'm Canadian, so no vote for I. However, were I to vote it would be for Obama, no question. Romney espouses exactly what is wrong with Republicans. The people pulling his puppet strings are all about padding their own pockets. Whatever beliefs they think will win them the seats without making them look blatantly hypocritical, they'll go for. They're corrupted by the money they longingly hope to hoard, and will convince every American that voting for them will help them prosper by dividing one another against each other. The less taxes they have to pay, the more money they get, so it makes perfect sense for them to hate social programs the rest of the civilized world (including the neighbor to the North I hear so many republican voters are going to flock to should Obama win) already instituted to varying degrees of success.

Also, if I hear one more right winger utter the word drones I'm going to spaz. You're all worried about a drone under the Obama administration hitting the middle east, but ten years ago you wanted to blow the middle eastern countries right off the cocksucking map you hypocritical dicks. Every single one of you were on board with Bush Jr. when he started TWO trillion dollar wars that cost over 3000 American lives, the latter of which was to finish his daddies war (which your right wing parents proudly supported) and get that precious oil out of their sand and onto your own soil. Then, those same people get all shit fitted that Obama didn't react more harshly to Chris Stevens death (A tragic loss), while Romney made a him a note on his campaign against Obama. What the fuck was Obama supposed to do? Send in those drones you all hate so much and blow Egypt off the fucking globe?

So it boils down to this, if you're not totally brainwashed into the illogical fallacy that Billionaires give two shits about any part of what YOU do, and that their laws are going to benefit anyone but them in both the short and long term. Including medicare, war and the economy. Then vote Obama, for the love of all things living. Romney is just going to re-usher in the era of Bush that buried your fucking country to begin with, Obama is going to continue his path of progress that's constantly hindered by congressional republicans.

Vote Logic, vote Obama!

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

Legend_Killer
Mid Carder

Post by Legend_Killer » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:29 pm

Dear America

Please don't let Romney become President.

Yours sincerely
The Rest of the World

gutterhippo
VIP Member

Post by gutterhippo » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:43 pm

^^ Don't worry, we got you covered ;)

Democrats have won the popular vote in 5 of the last 6 general elections. Hope the Repubs get the hint, the times are changing and hate doesn't sell as well as it used to.