In love twice?

Anything goes forum. Discuss Politics, school, family, whatever you want.
endless
Hall Of Famer

In love twice?

Post by endless » Sun May 20, 2012 10:45 pm

A general philosophical question came up for me in conversation today, and I want to get other people's input on this: Can a man(a straight male to be more precise) fall in love with multiple women at the same time?

As a straight male, I say no. I'm not sure how this applies to straight women, or members of the LGBT community. But I don't think straight males like myself are truly capable of loving two or more women at once. We might lie. We might say “I love you” to multiple women, but deep down inside we know that’s not the case. Sure, men are capable of liking multiple women. We might even cheat on the woman that we love, but that woman that we love will still be #1 in his heart. In fact, if a man ever has a hard time between picking between two women it’s not because he loves them both, but because he enjoys them both.

What are your thoughts?

Robmayn
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: sRobXMayneZe

Re: In love twice?

Post by Robmayn » Mon May 21, 2012 12:19 am

I'm not sure about this, but I heard in a Sex TV Show (it also treats things such as psychology, love, etc.) and it said that there's an investigation that proofs that our brain is capable to fall in love with two different people at the same time, one for each side of the brain. Love is more a chemical/hormone thing than anything, so it MAY BE possible, not sure.

Personally, I would find it awkawrd to "love" two people at the same time. But is a cultural conception learned for my community.