Trying to find the name of a certain game

Anything goes forum. Discuss Politics, school, family, whatever you want.
AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Trying to find the name of a certain game

Post by AndyF1069 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:54 pm

This has been driving me nuts for over a year now. There was this racing game for the snes (and I think they made a ps1 port) which involved eliminating the other racers. I don't know if it had other features like standard races or not. The memory I have is of wacky cars driving around a circular "room". A fixed structure in the middle, and the outside which you could fall off, but was protected by barriers which broke as cars were pushed into them, and progressively degraded until completely vanishing, and the idea is to either destroy your enemies vehicle (I think) or to completely knock them over the edge (definitely this). Theres only one thing about the vehicles that stands out to me, there was one red car which had the ability to produce two wings (think of a world war two plane) and bump into other cars, but it could only do it for a few moments. I think all the vehicles had special abilities like this.

Anyone know what game this is?
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Re: Trying to find the name of a certain game

Post by El Canuck » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:59 pm

Stunt Race FX?

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:06 pm

Best thing I could recommend is to have a look over on the SNES section of GameFAQS.com, sort it by racing games and NA region, or PAL if you're from Europe, and voila, there's your list of possible games.

I done the work for you:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/list-62?region=1

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:44 am

You're so sweet, thanks for the list. I went through it, and none of those games are the one I played. The graphics also seemed to sub par, or maybe I'm just remembering it better than it really was. I looked through the ps1 games and couldn't find any names that particularly stood out to me.

The red car I described pretty much looks like this.

I know I haven't imagined the game because I brought it up on facebook a while ago and had friends also claim to remember it but not remember the name. I have memories of playing it and micro racers plus star wars return of the jedi at my aunts house who had a snes which is why I've been leaning towards snes, but I also have memories of playing it at my friend up the streets house and he had a ps1.

I really don't remember if it was a combat game or a racing game, so the filters for the ps1 section haven't been so great.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:15 pm

It should be under driving, but if its not on those lists I'm not sure what else to tell you. Unless you're remembering the wrong console and it was say, an NES or Genesis game.

Chrissy Benny Wah
Legend

Post by Chrissy Benny Wah » Wed May 02, 2012 6:42 pm

AndyF1069 wrote:This has been driving me nuts for over a year now. There was this racing game for the snes (and I think they made a ps1 port) which involved eliminating the other racers. I don't know if it had other features like standard races or not. The memory I have is of wacky cars driving around a circular "room". A fixed structure in the middle, and the outside which you could fall off, but was protected by barriers which broke as cars were pushed into them, and progressively degraded until completely vanishing, and the idea is to either destroy your enemies vehicle (I think) or to completely knock them over the edge (definitely this). Theres only one thing about the vehicles that stands out to me, there was one red car which had the ability to produce two wings (think of a world war two plane) and bump into other cars, but it could only do it for a few moments. I think all the vehicles had special abilities like this.

This is what happens when you smoke crack and play Micro Machines. Don't do it, kids.

Robmayn
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: sRobXMayneZe

Post by Robmayn » Sun May 06, 2012 5:28 pm

Chrissy Benny Wah wrote:
AndyF1069 wrote:This has been driving me nuts for over a year now. There was this racing game for the snes (and I think they made a ps1 port) which involved eliminating the other racers. I don't know if it had other features like standard races or not. The memory I have is of wacky cars driving around a circular "room". A fixed structure in the middle, and the outside which you could fall off, but was protected by barriers which broke as cars were pushed into them, and progressively degraded until completely vanishing, and the idea is to either destroy your enemies vehicle (I think) or to completely knock them over the edge (definitely this). Theres only one thing about the vehicles that stands out to me, there was one red car which had the ability to produce two wings (think of a world war two plane) and bump into other cars, but it could only do it for a few moments. I think all the vehicles had special abilities like this.

This is what happens when you smoke crack and play Micro Machines. Don't do it, kids.
Sorry, CBW. But itsounds so cool that if that was the case, it would made me doubt to break my Straight-Edge vows.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Mon May 14, 2012 3:25 pm

Chrissy Benny Wah wrote: This is what happens when you smoke crack and play Micro Machines. Don't do it, kids.
I'd be offended, but I'm still too damn annoyed about this game. I know it's not Micro Machines since I have memories of playing that game and this unknown game in the same night as well as Starfox and Return of the Jedi.

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:41 pm

the game in question is called street racer and the car in question was driven by helmut . i trade in rare and collectible snes n64 and sega megadrive games as they are starting to make me serious money at the moment on ebay