So... What's up with everybody?/WV Homecoming

Anything goes forum. Discuss Politics, school, family, whatever you want.
Robmayn
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: sRobXMayneZe

So... What's up with everybody?/WV Homecoming

Post by Robmayn » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:30 pm

Since I returned to the forums I have realized it has been a little bit dead lately... My best guess is that the reason is due to Facebook and Twitter, so a Discussion Board is normally a secondary way of, well..., discussing... Something I also noticed is that some old users come here sporadically maybe to have a bit of nostalgia trip.

And now, to try to kill two birds with one stone. What's up with everybody's life? What changes had happened with you? Did anyone got married? Did anyone got another job? Did someone discovered he/she was gay or that he/she was not really gay? Another kid was born? What has happened to everyone?

I, for one, am about to finish my Bachelor's degree. I am on a Communication Sciences/Studies program with a Major on Multimedia Production. My school is a Business School that is run by engineers, so us, Arts or Humanities students don't really get that much. That's why right now I am in an Exchange Course in Canada, in Fredericton, NB at the University of New Brunswick to improve my Screenwriting skills, learn about Film Production and have a Digital Culture course, it is kind of fun.

I had been producing and hosting several radio shows/podcasts in my school radio station, for which I was the Coordinator for one year and half (I left the position to be here on UNB), and had been doing several media stuff, like Tv Ads, Webpages, Magazines, Documentaries, Short Films and Music Videos for school assignments. So it's kinda fun!

What are you other guys/girls been up to lately?

gutterhippo
VIP Member

Re: So... What's up with everybody?/WV Homecoming

Post by gutterhippo » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:56 pm

Good to see ya back, and I hope other vets post in here. I got my Master's in counseling psych in '09, and I'll be finally getting my Ph.D. in counseling psychology this summer, and so now it's just a matter of finishing up my dissertation and finishing my internship at a detention center in Texass. Grad school was a convenient delaying of my real life, but I'm definitely looking forward to getting a career started. That, and my girlfriend promised me a trip to Wrestlemania after I graduate..

endless
Hall Of Famer

Post by endless » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:16 pm

I haven't been posting as much lately. Frankly, I'm a burned out on the smart mark life. After almost a decade of hearing idiotic opinions, speculation passed off as news, and the same endless cycle of over reaction I'm tired. I'm still watching as much wrestling as ever, but I'm basically done following "the news" and the discussions. These days I'm using my analytical side to discuss movies and TV on other forums. I still posting here whenever I can. It's just not as often as I use to.

On a personal note, I got a promotion at work a couple of years back. I went from assistant to accountant. I'm also learning 3D modeling for fun, and I have a new girlfriend. Life is basically peachy right now.

RatedRSuperstar
Hall Of Famer

Post by RatedRSuperstar » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:58 am

Got married in 2009, got left for a fatass douchebag in 2011 despite giving my everything to my wife, applied to the best universkity in Canada in 2012 under a journalism program, planning on enrolling in wrestling school sometime in the future..

#RiseAboveInfedelty

Cool people vote in the Best of the Best Tournament on the Member Games forum, I hear.

Robmayn
Hall Of Famer

Post by Robmayn » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:23 am

gutterhippo wrote:counseling psych in '09, and I'll be finally getting my Ph.D. in counseling psychology this summer.
I'm gonna be afraid to post you being around here! xD I don't want you discovering some weird shit about myself I don't even know about. (Fuck Freud, lol)
That, and my girlfriend promised me a trip to Wrestlemania after I graduate..
Marry her!
endless wrote:and I have a new girlfriend.
Does she look like Shirley Manson? With all these years of you having Shirley Manson's sigs, I can only think of you besides her.
Got married in 2009, got left for a fatass douchebag in 2011 despite giving my everything to my wife
O.O To be honest... (And I am saying this with the most respect possible) If she married and in less than two years changed you for a douchebag, she has always been a slut...

endless
Hall Of Famer

Post by endless » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:35 pm

Robmayn wrote:
endless wrote:and I have a new girlfriend.
Does she look like Shirley Manson? With all these years of you having Shirley Manson's sigs, I can only think of you besides her.
She's Chinese-American. Surprisingly, I've never dated a redhead. They're kind of rare.

Mafwanix
Title Contender

Post by Mafwanix » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:11 pm

I still post in the Off Topic, mainly Movies, but my work schedule changed 3 years ago and I just don't have the time to watch much wrestling anymore. I lost a lot of interest in WWE, but I catch some ROH on a local station every so often, there's even a local VA promotion that has a show on local TV. Two hour wrestling shows are too long for me to sit through anymore. I like to watch a few matches, but don't care to watch any of the promo/storyline stuff that takes up much of the shows these days

Slayer23
VIP Member

Post by Slayer23 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:15 am

My attention has gone off the wrestling world a bit lately as i often work late into the arvo and to be totally honest can't be bothered watching much wrestling lately or even listen to much content on the WVR network (Which i listen to a lot more religiously than i watch wrestling), but i still attend the main site and forums extremelly regularly as it has been a force of habit for so long. I actually changed jobs from being an assistant manager at a Hungry Jacks store to installing Fire Suppression systems on heavy machinery that goes into Coal, Uranium etc mines. This means i go from having a whacked out work schedule to working 7:00-3:30 Mon-Fri (+Overtime and some saturday work), so it's safe to say i love life right now.

Mr Manuva
Developmental Talent

Post by Mr Manuva » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:18 pm

Went working one year last year at the french embassy in Canada (like the france's french one, not some quebec stuff. They ain't french) for an internship. Loved it, Canada's such a cool and funny place to be at. Then I came back to Paris last summer and found a job in naval defence field. And right now i'm saving money for a surf trip in Indonesia or Australia.

After HBK retired I stopped following wwe. I came back to it for the Rumble.

Legend_Killer
Mid Carder

Post by Legend_Killer » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:20 pm

I really miss the pre-VIP days of this forum, thats all I will say.

TheLyontamer

Post by TheLyontamer » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:36 am

Legend_Killer wrote:I really miss the pre-VIP days of this forum, thats all I will say.
How has the advent of VIP adversely affected the forum? I'm not having a go at you or anything. Just curious.

Legend_Killer
Mid Carder

Post by Legend_Killer » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:15 pm

TheLyontamer wrote:
Legend_Killer wrote:I really miss the pre-VIP days of this forum, thats all I will say.
How has the advent of VIP adversely affected the forum? I'm not having a go at you or anything. Just curious.
Before the VIP thing started after every PPV there would be probably 20-30 posts in the thread about peoples thoughts on the event. After each RAW almost the same. Nowadays you are lucky to get 3-4 posts straight after any event. It's pretty rare now that we get a big debate about wrestling and even rarer now is Towney destroying someone in a debate (Come back Towney)

Basically since VIP was implemented this forum slowed down massively.

Robmayn
Hall Of Famer

Post by Robmayn » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:46 pm

Legend_Killer wrote:
TheLyontamer wrote:
Before the VIP thing started after every PPV there would be probably 20-30 posts in the thread about peoples thoughts on the event. After each RAW almost the same. Nowadays you are lucky to get 3-4 posts straight after any event. It's pretty rare now that we get a big debate about wrestling and even rarer now is Towney destroying someone in a debate (Come back Towney)

Basically since VIP was implemented this forum slowed down massively.
Oh, capitalism. You surely love to spoil the fun for everyone...

coco
Mid Carder

Post by coco » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:50 pm

I may be wrong but someone said once that the VIP forum wasnt that active. VIP member, is that true?
towney007 wrote:Oh and btw... to the 'duhhhhhhhh *drool* Taker don't wear no suitz~' comment: **Shows picture of Calaway in a suit**
Svck my d~ck with sh!t on it.

TheLyontamer

Post by TheLyontamer » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:26 pm

I like being referred to as VIP member. :P

Yeah, not a lot goes on there. There used to be quite a bit of chatter about various topics but at this stage all the forum gets is a few posts a week regarding the VIP radio shows.

I wonder if the VIP has really had that big an effect on the forum. I definitely think that the mods haven't had as much time for this place over the past couple of years. Although I'm not denying that it has possibly played a part in the slowing of the forum, I'm sure that there are other reasons for that. I think there was a thread in the Feedback forum a year or two ago with a list of things that have recently had a detrimental effect on the forum as a whole. I think you could point to a lot of those as reasons for the recent decline.

It could be argued that the VIP has helped the forum in some ways. It has caused some readers (such as myself) to register for an account and become active contributors. I'd say there are two sides to this particular coin.

Legend_Killer
Mid Carder

Post by Legend_Killer » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:13 pm

TheLyontamer wrote:I like being referred to as VIP member. :P

Yeah, not a lot goes on there. There used to be quite a bit of chatter about various topics but at this stage all the forum gets is a few posts a week regarding the VIP radio shows.

I wonder if the VIP has really had that big an effect on the forum. I definitely think that the mods haven't had as much time for this place over the past couple of years. Although I'm not denying that it has possibly played a part in the slowing of the forum, I'm sure that there are other reasons for that. I think there was a thread in the Feedback forum a year or two ago with a list of things that have recently had a detrimental effect on the forum as a whole. I think you could point to a lot of those as reasons for the recent decline.

It could be argued that the VIP has helped the forum in some ways. It has caused some readers (such as myself) to register for an account and become active contributors. I'd say there are two sides to this particular coin.
Oh yeah, there is no doubt the VIP forum would've helped the forum a lot and it's beneficial for all those involved with it.

Maybe it is coincidence that the VIP thing came around the same time as the forum got a lot quieter. The chatroom as well probably contributed to the lack of posts after each event now but with my timezone it is difficult for me to get involved in that. Back in the day one of the main reasons I came to this site was to read Towneys RAW recap each Tuesday and I used to like to come on after each PPV to read everyones thoughts on it. For me personally I guess it's a shame those things don't happen anymore.

But hey, it's still the best wrestling forum out there so I can't complain too much.

Chrissy Benny Wah
Legend

Post by Chrissy Benny Wah » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:05 pm

To be honest, though, things were extremely dead way before the VIP started. 2007 was a great year here.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:14 pm

2008 the new dawn of Isrs started in the forum which has been great since.
Isrs will always be Wrestleview, Biotch.

coco
Mid Carder

Post by coco » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:43 pm

isrs4life wrote:2008 the new dawn of Isrs started in the forum which has been great since.
Nah 2005 was cooler and when I started to read this forum in early 04 was even better. Nemer banning people who made fun of his mancrush on Hart. TRS eating newbies for lunch. Of course the yearly "Montreal screwjob was a work" thread which lead to my first point about nemer.

And my favorite: new posters that thought Towney posts were just ripping off Hunter Golden dude from the Raw reviews. That was the Golden Age of WV
towney007 wrote:Oh and btw... to the 'duhhhhhhhh *drool* Taker don't wear no suitz~' comment: **Shows picture of Calaway in a suit**
Svck my d~ck with sh!t on it.

Legend_Killer
Mid Carder

Post by Legend_Killer » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:51 pm

coco wrote:
isrs4life wrote:2008 the new dawn of Isrs started in the forum which has been great since.
Nah 2005 was cooler and when I started to read this forum in early 04 was even better. Nemer banning people who made fun of his mancrush on Hart. TRS eating newbies for lunch. Of course the yearly "Montreal screwjob was a work" thread which lead to my first point about nemer.

And my favorite: new posters that thought Towney posts were just ripping off Hunter Golden dude from the Raw reviews. That was the Golden Age of WV
Haha back when I was just a lurker it took me a while also to click that Hunter Golden and Towney were the same guy. I remember they had eerily similar opinions on Orton.