random thoughts of the day

Anything goes forum. Discuss Politics, school, family, whatever you want.
AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Re: random thoughts of the day

Post by AndyF1069 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:26 am

"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:06 pm

I have got to see all of Scandinavia some day. They all look like gorgeous countries with such vibrant culture.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:38 pm

This place compared to my home is night and day. There is scenery everywhere, everyone is friendly and everything feels so calm and peaceful. This town I'm currently in feels like a giant park. The experience has definitely been worth the cost, and this is just one country.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:30 pm

Why do I have to update my lap top once or twice through the week or if i'm on it
for a long period of time I guess its just the way it operates these days.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:39 pm

There are thousands of tiny problems that aren't known right away. They aren't likely to do damage, but it's still nice to fix them when they are found. Sometimes the updates make your computer better instead of fixing problems. That's why they happen a lot. They don't happen if you spend lots of time on it, that's just coincidence.

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:24 am

Getting pissed off now that every time I play gta v online some prick leaves halfway through a heist

meta
Title Contender

Post by meta » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:16 pm

Wisdom teeth suck. Even once they're removed.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:31 pm

I bought Spiderman 1 used and I recently was just watching the first movie
and I played it and I was half way through the movie and it frozed really bad
it wasnt my dvd player and I took it out and it had all these scratches on it
but i've played these types of dvds before and for my better wrestling and
movies they've played pretty well not spiderman thow.

I had boughten all 3 movies of spiderman and rundown and I was able
to take back them and I got my full money in return it was a good
moment for me.

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:04 pm

Found a dead pixel on my screen today. This is going to drive me around the bend.

“What a strange girl you are. Flung out of space.....”

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:22 pm

That bugs the crap out of me too when it happens.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:40 pm

Oh yes, it's infuriating.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:31 am

Waiting for Windows 10 to be rolled out here. 4.30pm and still nada.

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:06 am

I got mine two days ago installed fine was ready to go when it had to restart and the dell logo appeared, the screen went blank and that's all she wrote.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:45 am

What do you mean when you say the screen went blank and that's all she wrote, Evan? Did it come back with another reboot? Did you get your computer working at all or are you posting from your phone right now?

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:14 pm

I had to force mine to install, but it ended up working pretty well. It's not a major difference going from 7 to 10, other than the vastly different start menu and the fact that my pc is now considered a mobile device and has access to apps, identically to phones and tablets. No complaints at all so far.

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:19 pm

eobversion1 wrote:I got mine two days ago installed fine was ready to go when it had to restart and the dell logo appeared, the screen went blank and that's all she wrote.
All is good now. I got it back working today after some heavy research reconfiguring a USB stick into a reset device. The worst that was done was that I lost all my installed programmes. Was looking iffy there for a while.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:48 pm

One annoyance is that I signed into my microsoft account and it decided that it would change the default password for my pc to my microsoft password. I don't know how to undo it and I don't want to change my microsoft password

eobversion1

Post by eobversion1 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:00 pm

Yeah, Windows 10 has been bugging out on me too that I've gotten it working. It's easier on my RAM and CPU yet last night it randomly uninstalled some key features like the new search bar, the volume control or the power settings. I couldn't access the control panel or the commands to shut it down. Had to do a system restore. It's a strange little thing alright.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:39 pm

My CPU usage was sky high for a while earlier, caused by system processes. I rarely get higher than 25%, and it was consistently between 60-75% and had to restart my pc to fix it. Also managed to fix my password issue after rooting around. Had a small issue where none of my programs booted after restarting my pc, I was away from my desk whilst it happened for about an hour and got back to nada. I clicked my desktop screen and everything kicked into gear. It was a bit strange, but relatively minor problems in fairness.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:00 pm

Yeah, I'm going to hold off on upgrading. I'm likely going to replace this laptop in the fall anyhow, most likely whatever I upgrade to will come with Windows 10. Hopefully by then these types of issues will be ironed out.