random thoughts of the day

Anything goes forum. Discuss Politics, school, family, whatever you want.
stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Re: random thoughts of the day

Post by stigsyv1 » Tue May 12, 2015 1:21 pm

Why is it every time you turn your ps3 on these days there seems to be an update to download before you can do anything

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Tue May 12, 2015 1:43 pm

Don't worry, X-Box One is little better in that regard.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

meta
Title Contender

Post by meta » Mon May 25, 2015 5:12 pm

So apparently, playing WWE themes is a thing at baseball games. I was busy not paying attention to a baseball game on in the break room, when suddenly, "I'm here to show the world! I'm here to show the world! Come on!"

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon May 25, 2015 5:57 pm

I've heard Triple H's theme (The "All about the Game and how you play it" one), CM Punk's first WWE theme: This Fire Burns - Killswitch Engage (Also Cult of Personality, but that was a popular song in its own right for decades now), the Hardy Boys theme (Which I think Spike might have the rights to, as they use it in their reality cop shows too), DX theme and a bunch others between play while watching NHL games. I don't know how they go about selecting what music they play during sports games, but *shrugs* there you go, sometimes wrestling themes slip in there.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

meta
Title Contender

Post by meta » Mon May 25, 2015 6:03 pm

Fair enough. In my life, I've been to two NFL games, and one MLB game. I really have no idea what they play.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Post by AndyF1069 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:14 am

Anybody planning on getting the free Windows 10 update?
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:57 am

I don't know if my computer could handle it. Nor did I know there was a Windows 10 yet, I thought they were still bungling through Windows 8.

LondonChick62
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: lacarrington1

Post by LondonChick62 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:04 pm

I got a little icon on my taskbar this morning to reserve a free upgrade to Windows 10. I'm still debating since I currently have 7 and love it.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:07 pm

Windows 7 needs 2 gb of ram to run (which means you need more than 2 gb if you want your pc to run at all). Windows 8 (and 10) need less if I understand correctly.

It was revealed several months ago. They say Windows 10 will be the last OS they ever produce and that any OS updates will be applied to 10. They're doing a promotion to everyone, that for one year you may freely update to Windows 10 and that it'll be yours permanently at no cost. After the year point, the promotion ends and it'll be paid for.

I'm unsure about if I want to upgrade or not. Windows 7 was great compared to 7, but 8 was horrible in comparison to 7, so I'm anxious about that.
There won't be a 9 because it'll cause conflicts with windows 95 and 98 programs apparently.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:08 pm

Great compared to XP*

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:30 pm

Windows 95 and 98, now THAT takes me back.

I'm going to look into 10 now, out of curiosity, thanks for bringing it to our attention, Andy.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:36 pm

The Verge certainly seem hyped about it in the article I read there. I like what I've been seeing in screen shots too. I may give this a go when it drops in July.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:30 pm

AndyF1069 wrote:Windows 7 needs 2 gb of ram to run (which means you need more than 2 gb if you want your pc to run at all). Windows 8 (and 10) need less if I understand correctly.

I'm unsure about if I want to upgrade or not. Windows 7 was great compared to 7, but 8 was horrible in comparison to 7, so I'm anxious about that.
There won't be a 9 because it'll cause conflicts with windows 95 and 98 programs apparently.
I have windows 8.1 and I got it last summer which was new back then and came out at the time and it's made by hp and I got a great system with Kaspersky on it. For my new place.

and I have windows 7 at home which is nice I cant really use internet explorer
of that system anymore I choose to use chrome instead.

I have and I own 2 computers.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:32 pm

Apparently you can do an install which doesn't remove all of your programs but haven't seen an official source on that. If true, it makes the whole thing more appealing. Still unsure, trying to read as many opinions as I can find. My pc has 8GB of RAM, meaning 7 is taking up 25% of it. This drops by half if I upgrade which is also appealing.

Things that put me off are potential compatibility issues, not liking the user interface and updates being automatically installed without prompts. Compatibility may be a big problem since I play a lot of games on my pc. I hated windows vista with a passion and still have bitter memories of using it. I've only used Windows 8 on a notebook that isn't mine, so I can't fairly critique it but windows 10 looks pretty similar to it. At least it'll have start menu.

And both of your computers could be upgraded to windows 10 Isrs. You could upgrade one and tell us what it's like.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:47 pm

But, I sure like windows 8.1 thow I don't have a touch screen which I don't like.

LondonChick62
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: lacarrington1

Post by LondonChick62 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:33 pm

El Canuck wrote:Windows 95 and 98, now THAT takes me back.
Try going back to Windows 3.1 :D

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:09 pm

That takes me back even further. My first computer ran on 3.1.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:26 pm

First for me was ME - Millennium Edition. I feel so young suddenly.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/02/22/technol ... index.html

This article is genuinely helpful. I've gone ahead and put myself up for reverse. At worst, I spend a day reinstalling windows 7 and all my programs.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:27 pm

I'm tired and typing on auto pilot. Pretend I typed reserve and not reverse. Also pretend this section of the forum has an edit button.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:45 pm

I had windows 95 with dial up connection and it was by acer and it had a cd player in it
and the floppy disk broke a few years of having it. I couldn't watch any vids on it but
I remember I could use an old version of msn messenger on it when my computer died
back in 2003 which I had it since 1998.

and it was the family machine not mine.