A Former WVer died.

Anything goes forum. Discuss Politics, school, family, whatever you want.
DevilsAdvocate
Mid Carder

Post by DevilsAdvocate » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:38 pm

Davo wrote:Trust a douche like anarchrist to take a thread about somebody's "death" and make it about himself and his awesome powers of returning to a message board.
So here's where I step in and say...eh, nevermind.
"They hurt you at home and they hit you at school/They hate you if you're clever and they despise a fool/Till you're so fucking crazy you can't follow their rules.-John Lennon

DVG
Developmental Talent

Post by DVG » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:19 pm

R.I.P. Scott, it was fun, CGH always brings a smile to my face, you did it well and will be remembered.

SoulPlaya
Rookie

Post by SoulPlaya » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:20 pm

Wow, I'm shocked. I remember him for the discussions he always caused. Sad to see anyone die because of a drunk driver.

WallsOfJericho
Title Contender

Post by WallsOfJericho » Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:27 am

While I tend to think message board death's are about as credible as Chyna's clean drug test, if CGH I send my regards to his family and hope he rests in peace. Losing someone to a drunk driver is one of those things that is just terrible because it is preventable.
Holla if you hear me!

Princess Erica
Title Contender

Post by Princess Erica » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:28 am

I'm a little late on this, but CGH and I used to chat outside of WV and I'm completely in shock right now. He may have been a dick on here, but he was a sweet guy underneath the gimmick... wow.

Rest in peace, dude.
CGH: Rest in peace, eh? <3

Robmayn
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: sRobXMayneZe

Post by Robmayn » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:13 am

WallsOfJericho wrote:While I tend to think message board death's are about as credible as Chyna's clean drug test, if CGH I send my regards to his family and hope he rests in peace. Losing someone to a drunk driver is one of those things that is just terrible because it is preventable.
Preventable is not the problem, it is stupid and irresponsible! There's a reason why driving drunk is illegal. The kids always fell like being King Of The Worlds in their cars... I just feel a special hate for the accidents occurring due to a drunk driver.

Princess Erica
Title Contender

Post by Princess Erica » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:58 pm

Robmayn wrote:
WallsOfJericho wrote:While I tend to think message board death's are about as credible as Chyna's clean drug test, if CGH I send my regards to his family and hope he rests in peace. Losing someone to a drunk driver is one of those things that is just terrible because it is preventable.
Preventable is not the problem, it is stupid and irresponsible! There's a reason why driving drunk is illegal. The kids always fell like being King Of The Worlds in their cars... I just feel a special hate for the accidents occurring due to a drunk driver.
Drunk driving is one of the things in this world that makes me the most angry. If it was just the people who chose to do it getting killed, it'd be one thing. But killing innocent people because of your own goddamn ignorance and stupidity is unforgivable. I hope the young man responsible for this has a very long time to think about how many lives he has affected because of one stupid decision.
CGH: Rest in peace, eh? <3

LondonChick62
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: lacarrington1

Post by LondonChick62 » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:44 pm

Princess Erica wrote:Drunk driving is one of the things in this world that makes me the most angry. If it was just the people who chose to do it getting killed, it'd be one thing. But killing innocent people because of your own goddamn ignorance and stupidity is unforgivable. I hope the young man responsible for this has a very long time to think about how many lives he has affected because of one stupid decision.
Amen to that. I've seen and heard too many people affected by such stupidity, and it doesn't just end with the innocent lives lost, their families have to also suffer unjustly.

RIP Canada's Greatest Heel. I remember him from way back.
“I’ve been very fortunate to play this long, been a part of a lot of good organizations, played with a lot of great players, so it means a lot to me.” ~ Paul Martin on playing his 800th NHL game, December 2, 2016

YTQ
Rookie

Post by YTQ » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:40 pm

So I'm sitting at my desk twiddling my thumbs, and I decide to look up an old friend....and to my shock I find all these threads...from last year....

I can't believe he's passed away....and the fact that it happened over a year ago....

anyword on what happened to the driver?
Jeff Jarrett never drew a dime....

Fawn Daffodil
Developmental Talent

Re:

Post by Fawn Daffodil » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:51 am

YTQ wrote:So I'm sitting at my desk twiddling my thumbs, and I decide to look up an old friend....and to my shock I find all these threads...from last year....

I can't believe he's passed away....and the fact that it happened over a year ago....

anyword on what happened to the driver?

I emailed CGH's nephew. He sent me a copy of a news article. Here it is.

No jail time for fatal crash

By Rochelle Baker - Abbotsford News

Published: August 25, 2008 4:00 PM
Updated: August 25, 2008 6:29 PM

When Erin Mackintosh got up to read her victim impact statement in court about how the death of her fiance in a car crash has left her devastated, she took a framed photo of him onto the stand with her.

"I took it with me because he comes everywhere with me. It's not just a victimless accident. A life was taken and people need to remember that," she said.

Scott Thomas Anderson, 39, was killed instantly May 30 last year when a Windstar Ford van ran the stop sign at the intersection of Gladwin and Townshipline roads and T-boned his Nissan.

At the sentencing hearing of Derek Rempel, Mackintosh told the court how the pair, newly engaged, were looking forward to getting married, starting a home together and having children.

"Our last day together was one that I cherish but I am also burdened by," she said.

"We talked about our future. His words are stuck in my mind: 'We have the rest of our lives together.'"

Mackintosh, 29, and her fiance's sister, Shelly Johnson, are particularly angry and frustrated by the fact that the charge of impaired driving causing death against Rempel, who was 19 at the time of the accident, was dropped.

Crown counsel Catherine Crockett told the court that a crash-scene witness told Rempel, who was running from the scene, to return and that Rempel told police he had been drinking earlier in the day at Cultus Lake with friends while driving on a new driver's licence.

What's more, she told the court that, in the short time he had his licence, Rempel had two speeding infractions and a driving suspension issued for failing to remain at the scene of an accident after a fender-bender the previous year.

However, Crockett went on to inform Judge Richard Romano that the admissible evidence in the case did not support charges of impaired driving causing death or operating a vehicle with over 80 milligrams of alcohol in the blood.

Defence lawyer Jack Harris conceded that Rempel had shown poor judgment in drinking and driving that day, and that the decision may have contributed to his not stopping at the intersection.

However, he suggested that Rempel was not attempting to flee the crash scene, but was rather dazed and in shock.

He also pointed out his client had always intended to enter a plea of guilty once the appropriate charges were laid.

Judge Romano told the court that his decision was one of the more difficult ones facing a trial judge, in which he must balance the emotion of the victim's family with the law.

"The term 'senseless tragedy' is often used to describe these cases and it certainly applies here," he said.

Romano said he understood alcohol was a factor in the crash, but he had to keep uppermost in his mind that he was sentencing for the charge of dangerous driving causing death.

In the end, he sentenced Rempel to a conditional sentence of two years less a day to be served at his parents' home with a strict curfew, where the accused could only go to work, church or complete his community service hours.

He also subjected Rempel to electronic monitoring and what amounted to a three-year driving prohibition.

Mackintosh and Johnson said they were not surprised by the sentence, but said they no longer had faith in the justice system and its ability to prosecute those who drink and drive.

"It's so frustrating that there are roadblocks, ads and all these [initiatives] saying no to drinking and driving, because nobody is charged and held accountable for their actions," said Mackintosh.

"Young people have no excuse. It's drilled into us growing up."

By the time the driver is 23, he'll be off his house arrest. I can see (and probably others0 WHY they are pissed there is no justice. It makes you lose faith in all of the justice systems.

stonecoldnimrod
Twitter: stonecoldnimrod

Re: A Former WVer died.

Post by stonecoldnimrod » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:26 pm

i've got $5 that says that the drunk driver survived without a scratch or any memory of what he did to one of our own.

bastard.
facebook.com/houstonwrestlingradio

master_the
Developmental Talent

Post by master_the » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:42 pm

Always sad.

Irony (ie-ron-e) n pl. -nies 1. the humorous or mildly sarcastic use of words to imply the opposite of what they normally mean. 2. a way to draw attention to some incongruity or irrationality.

anarchistxx
Rookie

Post by anarchistxx » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:02 pm

Can't believe this was ten years ago - in my mind it seemed far more recent.