Whose Next...to Leave?

Discuss anything about the WWF/WWE past or present.
Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Whose Next...to Leave?

Post by Big slim » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:23 pm

According to some rumors going around the in some wrestling news sites, several WWE Performers have reached out to current ROH Champion Cody Rhodes about making the transition from the WWE to the indie wrestling scene.

Here is one such article: https://www.inquisitr.com/4554255/sever ... odes-path/

So with Neville appearing to quit and ask for his release on last week and Ziggler more than likely done after this thing with Bobby Roode wraps up, who do you guys think are the most likely guys to next seek a way out of the WWE? I'm not counting Daniel Bryan, as I think that unless WWE does a 180, it's a forgone conclusion that he will be gone when his contract is up next September, Lesnar as I feel the same about him, with him likely leaving shortly after Mania. A guy or girl who may be underused and may want to try the Drew McIntyre or Cody Rhodes method, leave the company and kick ass on the indies (and in Drew's case do that and come back better than before).

Discuss!

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Re: Whose Next...to Leave?

Post by AndyF1069 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:49 pm

Somebody who reported that Neville walked out and correctly predicted that the TLC main event will be 5v3 has claimed that Nia Jax is looking to leave, suggesting that she walked out of Raw yesterday. I'm on the fence on if I believe it or not, but this is a speculation thread so here's to the speculates
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:58 pm

Not to say whos leaving or switching brands so soon

But dam Kane was originally on Smackdown since the reboot of the brand split but somehow they never used it
when they should have, but he looks good from Raw last night its just sucks that all the good names are going
back to Raw from smackdown, I dont really care about Jinder Mahal and the last wwe championship match was 13 minutes I believe
with him vs Orton..

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:30 pm

I mean him not it...

Opps, I mean Shinsuke Nakamura not Randy Orton, my bad...

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:59 pm

AndyF1069 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:49 pm
Somebody who reported that Neville walked out and correctly predicted that the TLC main event will be 5v3 has claimed that Nia Jax is looking to leave, suggesting that she walked out of Raw yesterday. I'm on the fence on if I believe it or not, but this is a speculation thread so here's to the speculates
Hmm, that one is kind of odd. I mean Jax seems like one of those women they are looking to build up. Unless she's decided that she's done with the business, I don't really see why she would want to make an exit. Her going on the indie scene could be interesting and it could be a way for her to grow and make a bigger name for herself out the company.

I think all three members of the former Wyatt Family could qualify for this list. This shit between Bray and Finn Balor is beyond tired and boring and I want it to just die of death already. I think if Bray did leave going out on the indies could give him a great chance to rehab not only his character, but his reputation as well. Nobody denies his in-ring talent, but the character of Bray Wyatt needs an overhaul and I think going somewhere in Mexico or perhaps Lucha Underground (if that is still going to be a thing) would be a good route for him to go. And him working in places like New Japan could open up some higher profile matches against a lot of folks.

These next few months will be interesting with who stays and goes. I don't see any of the top top guys (Shield, AJ, Orton, KO) going anywhere, but if enough of the lower cards guys leave that could a) allow them to get more exposure in other places and b) clear up a log jam that exists in the mid-card.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:02 pm

Yeah slim he just has the same type of storylines for his feuds with everybody before Finn Balor...

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:05 pm

Agreed. A little time away could do a lot of good for Bray.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:01 pm

I think Dolph can benefit every bit as much as Cody from being on the indy scene. I can see RoH picking him up immediately and someone in Japan would come calling pretty quickly.

Neville won't go hungry either, and while I think it would be a shame for WWE to waste Luke Harper, he would pick right up where he left off a few years ago as Brodie Lee.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:01 am

Looks like we got our answer. Emma, Summer Rae and Darren Young.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:57 pm

Emma is the weird one in that bunch, especially with how they booked her so relatively strong against Asuka.

Summer was more expected as she has been on WWE TV in a year, even though she's been cleared since May to return. Best of luck to her in where she goes.

Darren I feel for, but even for a company with 5 hours of weekly television (at minimum) but it seems there was no room for Darren. The guy is a good enough worker and I think if wrestling is really something he wants to do, I could see him branching off and doing good on the indies.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:56 am

Something of note is that Neville wasn't named in this batch of releases. I wonder if they are fighting to keep him or if they are stubbornly refusing to allow him out of his contract.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:04 pm

Hopefully it's not a Rey Mysterio situation where they refuse to let him leave. If everyone can let cooler heads prevail and either a) find a way to get him happy and keep him on board with the company or b) find a good way for him to exit the company while everyone saves face.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:15 pm

Surprised in Emma, not so surprised with Summer Rae and Darren Young. I suspect they're not done cutting yet either.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:04 pm

There was also some static about Anderson and Gallows possibly being on the way out. From the looks of things that may not be the case, as both have already headed off to the European tour for the Raw brand. But things can always change.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:32 am

That was blown way out of proportion. Somebody noticed that their twitter bio didn't mention wwe and the Internet freaked out. Then a history cache revealed that it's never mentioned being a wwe superstar.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:36 pm

Ahh, well that clears that up.