The Young Bucks and WWE

Discuss anything about the WWF/WWE past or present.
Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

The Young Bucks and WWE

Post by Big slim » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:30 pm

Don't know if you guys have been following the whole goings on of The Young Bucks and the WWE, but here is a little bit of backstory on what is happening.

A few weeks ago, the night after No Mercy, Raw was live in L.A. and before the show several members of the highly popular New Japan/ROH stable Bullet Club invaded Raw, similar to what DX did back in 98 when Raw and Nitro were in the same town. BC members Cody Rhodes and his wife Brandi, Marty Scruli, Hangman Page, and of course Matt and Nick Jackson, The Young Bucks. It was mostly in good fun as they took some jabs at WWE, tried to free Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson, and Finn Balor, and lead the crowd in a bunch of pro-Bullet Club chants, again all in the same vain as what DX did all those years ago.

Apparently someone in WWE (Vince and probably Kevin Dunn cause he seems like a lame dude) didn't find that shit amusing and hit the Bucks with a cease and desist letter regarding their usage of the Too Sweet/Kliq hand gesture and the DX Crotch chop and saying Suck it as well. It is kind of a legal gray area, but the Bucks choose not to fight it, mostly to avoid losing money in a long drawn out court battle; some sources say they have a good case against WWE though.

A couple new wrinkles have popped up in the last week, Roman Reigns had some thoughts on people using ideas/things from a decade ago and said that WWE needs to focus on new personalities, folks have taken this as a dig at both Bullet Club and in particular the Bucks (I personally don't see it that way but that's just me), causing even more tension to build.

And this week a well liked and well respected producer/writer for WWE Jimmy Jacobs (former star in ROH and friend of many backstage including Y2J, KO, AJ) was fired for appearing in a selfie with the Club members during the Raw invasion a few weeks ago.

What are some of your thoughts on this situation? Personally I find it makes the WWE look extremely petty and lame for the cease and desist stuff, not to mention that a) Bullet Club has been going on for years without word being said by the WWE for the usage of Too Sweet and Suck it, and b) Styles, Gallows, Anderson, and Balor all use or have used the gesture during their time in WWE, making them look like hypocrites as well. The Roman thing I don't find so offensive, but them (and I think it is fully Vince as I think HHH probably got a kick out of it) being so angry at the invasion thing is just dumb to me.

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!