Wrestleview Royal Rumble Pool (2017 Edition)

Discuss anything about the WWF/WWE past or present.
stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Re: Wrestleview Royal Rumble Pool (2017 Edition)

Post by stigsyv1 » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:53 pm

Should have made a gets made to look like a bitch by Lesner or Goldberg deduction catagory lol

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:30 am

Yay 2 years in a row I had the winner

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:50 am

You got the winner, but I think on the sheer amount of eliminations that Greg got for Lesnar and Strowman, that he won this thing. There was only a few guys doing the majority of the eliminating, unless you got one of them (Lesnar, Strowman, Taker, Goldberg), you were hoping for a Jericho or an Ambrose so you could get points on time spent in the Rumble.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

BioticZombie
Legend

Post by BioticZombie » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:11 pm

We'll see with the points. Interesting Rumble, Strowman and Lesnar didnt last too long despite wrecking shop.

But hey guys! I just woke up. I made it home from San Antonio at like 2AM and had been up for 24 hours at that point so I slept a whopping 14 hours missing my scheduled results announcement. About to rewatch the Royal Rumble, this time with newlegacyinc commentary because I can not watch that disappointing PPV without some comedy.

Should have the results posted online soon. Order of eliminations gonna kind of tricky considering the New Day's eliminations and Shesaro's too. Got some debatable surprise entrants maybe but I think whoever got Tye Dillinger is getting the points. Anyways, getting to work, I'll be back soon
Image Image

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:33 am

I personally thought the Rumble was great, even if the Rumble match itself wasn't good.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:54 am

Yep, Greg won. Close, though, he only beat stonecoldnimrod by five points. Stigsy, who had Orton, only placed third and only took that by five points over Red&Yellow. Close race, all around. Except for SCXaio. Ellsworth and Enzo, that was a bad combo to have. One was Strowman food, the other was Lesnar food.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

BioticZombie
Legend

Post by BioticZombie » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:57 pm

Hello, everyone! It is time for the closing ceremony for this year's Royal Rumble pool.

You can see all the results in the final official scorecard:

HERE

It's short notice but I made some tweaks to the scoring guide in order to simplify it. So before I go to the rankings, here's some patch notes to explain how the rules went down for this year:

- Entry numbers #27 and #14 no longer significant in the pool and do not affect points.
- The surprise entrant points are only reserved for superstars who are a.) have yet to debut on the main roster (Samoa Joe if he entered) or b.) Making a surprise return (Finn Balor if he entered) c.) A legend/part-timer who was not announced beforehand (Triple H if he entered). Therefore:
- Goldberg, Undertaker, Lesnar did not receive special entrant points. Neither did Gallagher or Roman Reigns. Tye Dillinger only received points.
- Braun's chokeslam did not count as a finisher to my knowledge, has never won with it. However, Undertaker and Big Show's chokeslam counted.
- Rusev's savate kick counted as a finisher as he has won with it.
- The times needed to reach in order to receive points have been changed to just 5, 15, 30, 45 and 60. They do not add up, for example: someone who lasted 15 minutes does not receive the points for lasting 5 minutes.

And for the last tweak and possibly the most controversial one considering the results:
- Chris Jericho broke the record for longest time spent in the Royal Rumble match, ever. The "Groundbreaking" award was originally meant for records within a single rumble match, such as most eliminations (Roman Reigns, 2014) or longest time (Rey Mysterio, 2006). Therefore:
- "Groundbreaking", the award is now worth 40 points and is reserved for records broken in a single Rumble. "Every Time Counts" is worth 20 points and is reserved for records being broken over total Rumbles.

So without further ado, your official results for this year's Royal Rumble pool:

9th place - SCXiao (Team Ellsworth (11), Ambrose (12) and Amore (27)) - 15 points

SCXiao started the night with James Ellsworth at #11. Ellsworth, originally refusing the enter the ring had some assistance from SCXiao's second superstar, entry #12 Dean Ambrose. Ellsworth was duped by Ambrose, being eliminated in only 15 seconds, costing his player 5 points. Ambrose would almost last 30 minutes in the Rumble before he was eliminated by The Beast, Brock Lesnar. Unfortunately for SCXiao, Brock Lesnar would also be responsible for eliminating his last entrant, Enzo Amore in quick fashion, costing him an additional 5 points knocked.

8th place - El Canuck - (Team Big Show (9), Sheamus (16), Crews (22)) - 55 points

The winner of the inaugural Royal Rumble pool in 2014, Canuck had a promising to become the answer to the havoc Strowman was unleashing, Big Show started El Canuck's role in the pool. Big Show earned finisher points, but would be eliminated before 5 minutes. Sheamus would be next to represent, hitting a finisher and scoring 3 eliminations, albeit sharing them with Cesaro and being halved accordingly. Lastly, Apollo would be El Canuck's last hope being able to last 5 minutes in the Rumble match.

7th place - Little Jimmy (Team Dillinger (10), Rusev (18), and Harper (25)) and
Creepster (Team Mojo (4), Henry (6), and The Miz (15)) - 65 points

Little Jimmy and Creepster are the first to tie in the Rumble Pool history, and share the #7 spot. Creepster's Mark Henry eliminated Gallagher and Mojo hit his finisher on Jericho, but both would be eliminated by the monster Braun Strowman. Creepster had better luck with the Miz who might not have eliminated anyone, but managed to survive a whopping 30 minutes before before being thrown out.

Jim started off with the perfect 10. Literally. Tye Dillinger surprised everyone, earning points for making his main roster debut before being eliminated by Strowman. Jimmy's Rusev entered his 4th Royal Rumble, but like Rusev's others, would come short. Jimmy's last hope was with Luke Harper, who would officially break up with the Wyatt Family but eliminated nontheless.

6th place - Biotic Zombie (Team Cass (1), Gallagher (6), and The Undertaker (29)) 70 points

The host of the Rumble pool started off the game with Big Cass entering at #1. Gallagher would soon follow at #6 before being eliminated shortly. Biotic Zombie's final draw would be The Undertaker who dug 29 holes for 29 souls, but would only be responsible for 4 souls leaving in this Royal Rumble.

5th place - AndyF1069 (Team Corbin (13), Kingston (14) and Roman Reigns (30) - 105 points

Wherehas SCXiao got 11 and 12, Andy complemented it with 13 and 14. To his avail, Corbin and Kofi would perform solidly in this Rumble. Corbin would go on to be eliminated by The Undertaker, only to be avenged by Andy's last draw, Roman Reigns. The final entrant and the runner up, Reigns would wreck shop before falling to the RKO.

4th place - Red and Yellow (Team Zayn (8), Big E (17), and Goldberg (28)) - 140 points

Sami Zayn received the number 8 entry before the Rumble match, giving R&Y a hint of what to expect in the future. Zayn would go onto last 45 minutes, the second longest time in this year's Rumble match. After Big E was eliminated, Red's last resort would be Goldberg. Everyone in the Rumble surely was "next", 4 spears and 1 jackhammer was what Goldberg had in store before being eliminated by The Undertaker.

3rd place - stigsyv1 (Team Cesaro (19), Team Xavier Woods (20), and Randy Orton (23))

Cesaro was an immediate promising entrant to start stigs night, who managed to eliminate stigs' second entrant, Xavier Woods. Woods weak overrall performance would precede Cesaro's elimination in merely seconds. Not too long after both of stigs' first entrants were gone came the Viper, Randy Orton. Orton would strike everyone in sight, delivering a total of 5 RKOs and despite winning the entire Rumble, only managed to eliminate a single entrant in the entire match. Orton earned the most points out of every superstar in the Rumble, but it wasn't enough to carry the dead weight of Cesaro and Xavier Woods and secure the #1 spot in the Rumble pool.

2nd place - stonecoldnimrod (Team Jericho (2), Kalisto (3) and Wyatt (21))

With just 10 minutes in the Royal Rumble, Chris Jericho broke the all-time record of most overall time spent in the Royal Rumble match, earning stonecoldnimrod 20 points. Jericho would go on to last over an hour in the Royal Rumble, earning him the Iron Man award and 60 points. 2 eliminations and no finishers, Jericho had an amazing performance in the rumble, despite being the victim of many other finishers in this Royal Rumble.

Last year #3 would have been an amazing number to draw with the former champ that ran the camp, AJ Styles. Unfortunately Kalisto filled the role in 2017 and despite a strong showing would be eliminated by the monster Braun Strowman.

stonecoldnimrod's last draw, Bray Wyatt would go on to be the Final 3 of the rumble. No eliminations aside, Bray Wyatt had a strong presence in the Rumble lasting enough time to secure 15 points in the Rumble.

1st place - Greg McNeish (Team Strowman (7), Ziggler (24), and Lesnar (26))

You could let the names speak for themselves. Even Ziggler, Greg's second choice earned 50 points right off the bat for the player.

Greg started off the night with the monster Strowman, responsible for the disappointment of many other players who had their entrants decimated by the former Wyatt family member. Strowman would go on to eliminate 7 superstars before being eliminated. But the night wasn't over for Greg and monsters, as Brock Lesnar would enter the Rumble and conquer the Rumble. Lesnar wasn't in the Rumble long, but the damage was done. With three solid draws, Greg McNeish wins this year's Royal Rumble pool.
Image Image

Greg_McNeish
Twitter: GregMcNeishWV

Post by Greg_McNeish » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:48 am

Greg McNeish - Grand Chancellor