2016 WrestleView Forum End of the Year Awards

Discuss anything about the WWF/WWE past or present.
Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

2016 WrestleView Forum End of the Year Awards

Post by Big slim » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:00 pm

Lads (and to any lasses that may pop in) it is that time of year again. A time to reflect on all of the craziness that has happened over the past 12 months, and holy shit have these been a ass-crazy 12 months!! The world of the WWE has been...something to say the least this year. We saw the debut of a man whom many of us thought would never arrive in the WWE, in fact several with Styles, Nakamura, and Bobby Roode. We've seen women headline several Raws and for the first time ever, a ppv (or as we should probably start calling them, high end Network specials) at Hell In A Cell. And a bunch of over crazy, odd, boring, disappointing, and exceptional things happen this year.

So with all of that out of the way, it is time for the categories for the 2016 WrestleView Forum End of the Year Awards!! Oh, and one last thing, starting this year, I will be giving a name for each some of the awards, in honor of a particular superstar or event, no particular reason, just thought it'd add another element of fun to this whole thing, also it will change from year to year. Finally, the awards can be given to both main roster and NXT wrestlers:

The Dusty Rhodes Award for Male Superstar of the Year-This award is to celebrate the male, singles superstar who has shined and stood out the most this year.

The Mae Young Award for Female Superstar of the Year The term diva in the WWE is dead, so it's time to celebrate the women and recognize the woman who has shined brightest, and stood tallest this year.

The Dudley Boyz Award for Tag Team of the Year- 2 (or 3) heads are better than one, which tag team in the WWE has done the best this year.

The "Macho Man" Randy Savage Award for Talker of the Year-Stick guys and girls have had a pretty good year in WWE, which smack talker, in your opinion, talked the talk the best. For wrestlers only.

The Paul Heyman Award for Best Non-Wrestling Personality-This award is to honor the announcers, interviewers, and managers who have did the best in making a great impact, without getting in the ring.

Match of the Year-What match grabbed your attention this year? Which clash showcased the very best that the men and women had to give? You decide.

Show of the Year-This award is to highlight the best show (a Particular Raw or Smackdown, Network Special, NXT Takeover, or Pay Per View) of the year, the one show that made it's mark more than any other.

"What's Up wit That?! Most Shocking Moment of the Year-What moment or match has shocked you the most in 2016?

The Mason Ryan Award for Worst Wrestler-Which man or woman was absolute shit this year, this award is for them.

"Well that was Stupid" Most Disappointing Moment of the Year-What moment or match let you down the most as a fan in the WWE this year?

NXT Superstar to Watch for 2017-Which guy or gal in developmental should we keep our eyes on to do big things in 2017?

Three Big Bold Predictions for 2017-Come up with the craziest, or most likely, things you want or think will happen in the WWE in 2017!

Thank you guys for another great year, as always, the forums are a nice place to talk about a thing that I am a huge fan of with some great people. I know 2016 has been...a challenge for some or all of us, so here's hoping 2017 is bigger, better, and brighter!! Hope we have some fun talking about these awards and I hope you all have a great Christmas (or whichever holiday you may or may not celebrate) and a great New Year!!

Happy discussion!!

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Re: 2016 WrestleView Forum End of the Year Awards

Post by stigsyv1 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:10 am

The Dusty Rhodes Award for Male Superstar of the year.
AJ styles. He has been the man since the royal rumble all of his matches were as fresh feel to the wwe main event scene and his matches with cena were some of the best of his career and now he seems to be heading for a mania clash with joe or cena in what will be a barn buster

The Mae Young Award for Female Superstar of the Year becky lynch for me the best female worker on the roster at the moment
The Dudley Boyz Award for Tag Team of the Year- enzo and cassidy for me hands down

The "Macho Man" Randy Savage Award for Talker of the Year- the miz has been on fire with his verbal exchange with Daniel Bryan to his quip with renee young about her relationship with Ambrose

The Paul Heyman Award for Best Non-Wrestling Personality-cory graves. He is to me the best announcer in wwe at the moment.

Match of the Year-What match grabbed your attention this year? AJ styles vs cena summerslam

Show of the Year- money in the bank

"What's Up wit That?! AJ styles debut at the rumble

The Mason Ryan Award for Worst Wrestler-
Dana brooke

"Well that was Stupid" Most Disappointing Moment of the Year- sasha tapping out at 2 seconds to spare

NXT Superstar to Watch for 2017- bobby roode

Three Big Bold Predictions for 2017- tye dillinger enters rumble at no 10
Kurt angle returns at rumble samoa joe debuts on smackdown

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:39 pm

Dusty Rhodes Male Superstar of the Year-It's going to be boring and predictable, but it has to be AJ Styles. Until a few years ago I was never a big Styles fan, dude knew moves and could go in the ring, but he was just so, meh and misused in TNA that he never stood out to me. Some of his late TNA stuff and some of his work in New Japan started to make a believer out of me, but his WWE run has just been so good. Having a terrific debut in the Rumble, great matches with Jericho, some amazing matches with Reigns, and of course his program with Cena, Styles has been both a breath of fresh air to the WWE main event scene and has just fit in so well, it's like he's been a WWE guy for years. The dude has been money every step of the way. Honorable Mention has to go to The Miz, the dude has been on another level this year, from ring work to promos, the addition of Maryse, it was a great year for Miz.

Mae Young Female Superstar of the Year-This has been such a great year for WWE women's wrestling that it's really difficult to nail down one lady who was the best. I am going to go rogue and pick Alexa Bliss. The little lady has been great since her NXT call up, putting on some good-great matches, doing some excellent character work, and just being a sneaky, mean little women.

The Dudley Boyz Tag Team of the Year As tempting as it is to give the award to another team, it's impossible for me to not give the nod to The New Day. With the exception of the Old Day segment, which we should bury and never speak or think of again as it will age you until death, the trio of Xavier Woods, Big E, and Kofi Kingston have had another solid year; I mean you break a record that has stood for almost 3 decades and it's hard to not say that you've had a bad year. 2017 should be interesting with where they go now that they don't have the titles and also if they will either break up (because that's what WWE Tag Teams do) or if they will stay togehter. Honorable Mention goes to The Revival, Dash and Dawson have been amazing this year, I can't wait to see what they do on the main roster.

"Macho Man" Randy Savage Talker of the Year-I have to go with my arch rival and go with The Miz. Dude has been stellar this year and his mic work has been on point. The man is the one true heel in WWE, he's an asshole and he can be right on so many occassions. The Miz has been great in 2016.

Paul Heyman Award for Best Non-Wrestling Personality- I will give the award to Miz's better half, Maryse. She plays her role as uptight and smarmy heel so well and is a huge reason as to why 2016 has been so great for Miz. She has been the most consistent manager in WWE this year.

Match of the Year- I hate siding with stigs again, but AJ Styles vs John Cena at Summerslam was the best WWE match this year, and this year has had a ton of other great matches and dare I say, instant classics. But Styles vs Cena just stood above them all, great work from both guys. Lots of Honorable Mentions, Nakamura vs Zayn at Takeover: Dallas, Styles vs Reigns at Extreme Rules, Rollins vs Reigns at Money in the Bank, Owens vs Reigns at Battleground, Sasha vs Charlotte on Raw (the Raw where Sasha first won the Women's Championship, and finally the massive Tag Team Traditional Survivor Series Match.

Show of the Year- For the ending and the overall quality of the matches from top to bottom I have to give the nod to the red headed step child of the Big Four Shows and pick Survivor Series as my Show of the year, such fun stuff. Honorable Mention goes to NXT Takeover: Toronto.

"What's Up wit That?!" Most Shocking Moment of the Year- Nothing else shocked me as much this year as Goldberg destroying Brock Lesnar in about 90 seconds. Like damn, some fun stuff has happened this year but nothing else floored me with surprise as much as Goldberg going all Kratos on the BORK LASER.

Mason Ryan Award for Worst Wrestler- Again, the wrestling this year has been pretty good and almost everybody has stepped up and done well in 2016, but, and again I am siding with stigs, Dana Brooke has been the worst wrestler and IMHO, it hasn't all been her fault. WWE called her (as well as Apollo Crews) way too soon to the main roster. She wasn't ready to hang with the other really talented women on main and I think if they let her (and Apollo) stay in NXT longer, develop more in the ring, and most importantly, develop more as characters, then I think both would be in better positions than they are now (although pairing Dana with Charlotte has helped keep her relevant and in some sort of spotlight, poor Apollo though).

"Well that was Stupid" Most Disappointing Moment of the Year-It can't just be one moment for me, with the exception of his Survivor Series match against Goldberg, Brock Lesnar has been the most disappointing wrestler in 2016. That boring ass Dean Ambrose match at Mania, that boring as Summerslam match against Orton, and his overall not giving a shit demeanor that he has had for pretty much this whole year, Brock has been kind of a letdown. Dishonorable Mention goes to The Rock's interaction with Lana made Lana look like a ho, made Rusev look like a chump, and made Rock look like a complete d-bag.

NXT Superstar to Watch for 2017- I have to go with Ember Moon, baby girl has one of the coolest finishers in WWE and I would say she is next in line for a nice run with the belt once Asuka gets her call up to main.

Big Bold Predictions for 2017 1.Kurt Angle will make his return to WWE in the first few months of 2017, likely to face Rusev at Mania. 2. John Cena WILL NOT break Ric Flair's record of 16 World Titles, he will tie it though. 3. and this may be my craziest one, Roman Reigns, won't turn heel and will gain huge positive momentum as a babyface.

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:06 pm

Slim at end of day we both love wrestling and know what we like. That's why we agreed on most of the votes

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:07 pm

True!

SCXiao
Rookie

Post by SCXiao » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:37 pm

The Dusty Rhodes Award for Male Superstar of the Year-This award is to celebrate the male, singles superstar who has shined and stood out the most this year.

AJ Styles, is there really any other choice?

The Mae Young Award for Female Superstar of the Year The term diva in the WWE is dead, so it's time to celebrate the women and recognize the woman who has shined brightest, and stood tallest this year.

Charlotte

The Dudley Boyz Award for Tag Team of the Year- 2 (or 3) heads are better than one, which tag team in the WWE has done the best this year.

The Revivals

The "Macho Man" Randy Savage Award for Talker of the Year-Stick guys and girls have had a pretty good year in WWE, which smack talker, in your opinion, talked the talk the best. For wrestlers only.

Enzo Amore.

The Paul Heyman Award for Best Non-Wrestling Personality-This award is to honor the announcers, interviewers, and managers who have did the best in making a great impact, without getting in the ring.

Maryse

Match of the Year-What match grabbed your attention this year? Which clash showcased the very best that the men and women had to give? You decide.

Zayn vs Nakamura

Show of the Year-This award is to highlight the best show (a Particular Raw or Smackdown, Network Special, NXT Takeover, or Pay Per View) of the year, the one show that made it's mark more than any other.

Any of the NXT Takeover shows always surprise me with how much better they are than the main roster shows.

"What's Up wit That?! Most Shocking Moment of the Year-What moment or match has shocked you the most in 2016?

Roman Reigns ability to make the US title completely irrelevant again. Also Finn Balors injury and him having to vacate the title.

The Mason Ryan Award for Worst Wrestler-Which man or woman was absolute shit this year, this award is for them.

Brock Lesnar. Has he even had a good match this year?

"Well that was Stupid" Most Disappointing Moment of the Year-What moment or match let you down the most as a fan in the WWE this year?

The hot-potatoing with the Women's title between Charlotte and Sasha.

NXT Superstar to Watch for 2017-Which guy or gal in developmental should we keep our eyes on to do big things in 2017?

Bobby Roode

Three Big Bold Predictions for 2017-Come up with the craziest, or most likely, things you want or think will happen in the WWE in 2017!

Cena will face Taker at Wrestlemania
Cesaro wins Money in the Bank
Reigns will stay face for the entire year
ImageImageImage

stonecoldnimrod
Twitter: stonecoldnimrod

Post by stonecoldnimrod » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:44 am

The Dusty Rhodes Award for Male Superstar of the Year- aj styles

The Mae Young Award for Female Superstar of the Year- asuka

The Dudley Boyz Award for Tag Team of the Year- the new day

The "Macho Man" Randy Savage Award for Talker of the Year- enzo

The Paul Heyman Award for Best Non-Wrestling Personality- mauro ranallo

Match of the Year- still undecided. either zayn/nakamura from takeover: dallas or cena/styles from summerslam.

Show of the Year- the entire cruiserweight classic series.

"What's Up wit That?! Most Shocking Moment of the Year- aj's debut at the royal rumble

The Mason Ryan Award for Worst Wrestler- ?

"Well that was Stupid" Most Disappointing Moment of the Year- roman reigns failing the wellness policy.

NXT Superstar to Watch for 2017- daria. the female mma fighter gimmick. could be a great opponent for a heel asuka next year.

Three Big Bold Predictions for 2017- 1) the nikki bella/john cena wedding will main event summerslam; 2) daniel bryan will have one more match at wrestlemania; 3) nxt will be touring with smackdown, tape fresh nxt episodes before smackdown goes live.
facebook.com/houstonwrestlingradio

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Post by AndyF1069 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:40 pm

I don't have time to give detailed thoughts, so just a quick fire answers.

The Dusty Rhodes Award for Male Superstar of the Year- AJ Styles

The Mae Young Award for Female Superstar of the Year- Charlotte

The Dudley Boyz Award for Tag Team of the Year- The Revival

The "Macho Man" Randy Savage Award for Talker of the Year- Enzo Amore

The Paul Heyman Award for Best Non-Wrestling Personality- Booker T

Match of the Year- Miz vs Ziggler - Title vs Career

Show of the Year- Survivor Series

"What's Up wit That?! Most Shocking Moment of the Year- A.J Styles wins the WWE Championship

The Mason Ryan Award for Worst Wrestler- Titus O'Niel

"Well that was Stupid" Most Disappointing Moment of the Year- Nakamura is still in NXT

NXT Superstar to Watch for 2017- I would have said Austin Aries but he's been moved up to the main roster as a cruiserweight so I'll say Bobby Roode

Three Big Bold Predictions for 2017-

A.J Styles is in a mania main event. If Taker/Cena isn't a match, Styles closes the show
NXT will be considered a third brand as ECW was. Still network exclusive, but superstars eligible for joint ppv shows and drafts
Cena gets his 16th title.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan