WWE Smackdown Exclusive Brand PPV's Thread

Discuss anything about the WWF/WWE past or present.
isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

WWE Smackdown Exclusive Brand PPV's Thread

Post by isrs4life » Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:35 pm

Preview

Backlash on 911 is a smackdown 1st reboot ppv show for SD! only

and

more to come for here only!

Discuss
and

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Re: WWE Smackdown Exclusive Brand PPV's Thread

Post by stigsyv1 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:46 pm

I think AJ will win wwe title, Apollo crews will win ic title, rhyno and Slater the tag titles and Becky Lynch will win women's title

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:11 pm

If Miz drops the IC title after the last few weeks of promos with Daniel Bryan, someone's going to get shanked backstage

Brandon Morrison - Chief of Staff and Forum Attaché to the Grand Chancellor

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:47 pm

How I see it going miz screws Apollo out of winning. Bryan comes down and makes miz get back in ring and then costs him the title . And we get Bryan teasing for months a match between the 2 before we finally get a match at mania 33

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Post by AndyF1069 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:42 pm

Miz already beat Apollo clean, what makes you think that 1. he gets a rematch and 2. Miz needs to screw him over to win?

Besides all that, did you miss the part where Brian has a brain lesion? Dude isn't wrestling again, at least not for WWE.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:25 am

Bret Hart had a stroke and was told he could never wrestle again ut he won the us title of the miz and faced Vince mcmahon at mania..

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:30 am

And he didn't take a single bump in any of the matches and never once was hit anywhere close to the head. Bret and Vince are both pensioners too. The match with miz had one move and the "match" with Vince was Vince getting literally beat up for twenty minutes.

You really think Bryan would be content to have a throw away match in which he doesn't get to perform the way he wants? You really think the wwe would waste a wrestlemania slot on a "match" with someone who the audience know isn't medically cleared to perform, make Miz, their current long term intercontinental champion, look like a chump and all of this just because 7-8 months prior they had a non physical disagreement?
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:05 am

Also, keep in mind that the exact reason Daniel Bryan retired was that WWE refused to let him work in the ring even before it became common knowledge about the brain lesions and stuff. WWE had drawn that line, even when they took a public relations hit for "keeping Bryan from doing what he wants and loves" because they were trying to value his long-term health over short-term gains.

They're probably not going to go back on that now, for any reason

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:19 pm

Also not that it matters, but Bret retired because of concussions, not from his stroke. His stroke happened 4 years after he was forced to retire. Daniel retired due to concussions and the complications they caused (lesion, seizures). Doesn't matter how safe you think it can be, all it takes is a single mishap and a dudes life is ruined or ends for no reason at all. Imagine Bret climbs a turnbuckle , loses his footing (which he did happen to do when he won the U.S title) falls backwards and whacks his head.

Daniel is younger (so can do much more than almost 60 year old Bret) and proven to be reckless. He wrestled after hiding seizures. He didn't alter his style a single bit after missing a year of action, including the ridiculous top rope dropkicks he would do, or diving through the ropes. Would you trust Daniel to follow the script of a "safe" match when he has specifically stated that he would wrestle if WWE would let him?

The risk to health is way too high for Daniel and if ages were ignored, they probably wouldn't do Bret vs Vince (or Miz or Nexus) in 2016 knowing now what they didn't know in 2010.

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jama7301

Post by Jama7301 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:14 pm

Zigs/Miz and Wyatt/Orton added to Backlash.

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:32 pm

Orton is gonna be busy he faces Wyatt at Backlash then Brock at clash of champions

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:16 pm

I wonder if they gonna top up the women's roster on smackdown . 6 women is just to small a roster to make for feuds. They should have had women on one show and cruiserweights on another like before..

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:42 pm

It'll be seven (on the roster) when Eva Marie gets off of suspension to not-be-able-to wrestle. It's basically the same on Raw. And there will probably be more crossover than with the male divisions. Like the divas will definitely have a raw vs. smackdown survivor series match.

And as more girls graduate out of NXT, they'll beef up the rosters. In time

Creepster
Developmental Talent

Post by Creepster » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:20 pm

Really sorry about this guys, I feel a little silly as I don't know where to post this but me and a friend are attempting to go to wrestlemania in 2017. We are from England and we aren't sure where to get tickets from or when they go on sale ( I'm guessing either on the network or from ticket master, guidance would be nice) also cost would be great as again it is always vague when I research online.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:01 am

It's nice to see that my man AJ Styles won the wwe championship from
DA on 9/11 but I wouldnt of cared who would win in the first place but I like both
wrestlers and AJ will do good as champ and if John Cena comes back he be next
in line to win his 16th world title and to tie it with Flair but it's AJ's turn to
be a nice champ for a while :)

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:44 am

Not a bad ppv at all. My only gripe was the constant adverts for wwe events I don't know if it was just the UK stream of it or was everywhere but one seemed to go on for 3 minutes like they were putting them in to make the run time longer..

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:37 am

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:58 am

Owens was slim!

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:49 am

Someone doesn't understand the concept of what a spoiler is, though

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:26 am

Ahh, wrong thread slim...

Try not to discuss Raw wrestlers in the sd ppv thread.