WWE Hall of fame thread

Discuss anything about the WWF/WWE past or present.
Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Re: WWE Hall of fame thread

Post by Big slim » Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:24 pm

The latest inductee for this year's class is none other than the Big Boss Man.

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:14 pm

A worthy induction if there ever was one! Bout time if you ask me.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

meta
Title Contender

Post by meta » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:13 pm

Cornette should induct him.

yerktekredneck
Developmental Talent

Post by yerktekredneck » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:26 am

Glad to see Bossman get his due. Very underrated superstar, with a memorable character (I'm an Atlanta Braves fan and can't read an article about their new stadium in Cobb County without counting at least 2-3 Bossman references in the comments section). A lot of people will point to him not winning the title, but how many people were going to get a championship run during the Hogan era or when Rock and Austin were at the top of the card. He held a number of mid-card titles, was a great hand in putting over so many stars, and always put on good quality matches with the best of the best, Hogan, Savage, Austin, Undertaker. No squabble with his induction. Congrats to him (RIP).

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:54 am

The next inductees have been spoiled they are
SpoilerShow
Stan Hansen and Jacqueline moore

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:40 am

The feud with Big Show at the end of 1999 was weird as hell, but some of the funniest stuff they did in the Attitude Era. Bossman was a good worker and could be counted on to entertain,

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:25 pm

yerktekredneck wrote:Glad to see Bossman get his due. Very underrated superstar, with a memorable character (I'm an Atlanta Braves fan and can't read an article about their new stadium in Cobb County without counting at least 2-3 Bossman references in the comments section). A lot of people will point to him not winning the title, but how many people were going to get a championship run during the Hogan era or when Rock and Austin were at the top of the card. He held a number of mid-card titles, was a great hand in putting over so many stars, and always put on good quality matches with the best of the best, Hogan, Savage, Austin, Undertaker. No squabble with his induction. Congrats to him (RIP).
He's not without championships to his name, though, as he did have a run with the tag team titles with Ken Shamrock. He was also a four time Hardcore champion, not that it amounts to much, but it gets him on the board.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:12 pm

I always thought he would have won the IC title one day but fate proved otherwise.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:52 pm

Jacqueline is the next inductee for the Hall of Fame this year.

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:39 am

Another worthy inductee. She should have been in sooner.
From her work with the women in late 90s early 2000s and her teaming with APA she was always on top of her game. Well done Jacqueline

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:35 pm

Stan Hansen has been announced as the latest inductee to the WWE Hall of Fame.

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:34 pm

There is a rumour that snoop dog may be inducted this year but as stated only a rumour so don't take it as much just yet

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:44 pm

The celebrity inductee for this year has just been announced, it will be none other than hip hop legend Snoop Dogg.Snoop isn't an awful choice, he made an appearance as an MC at WM 24, did a decent job as a guest host back in either 2009 or 2010, and did a bit with Hulk Hogan and Curtis Axel before Mania last year.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:02 am

Of course Godfather would bring hos to the show, Ric Flair and Jerry Lawler were in attendance.

Godfather's Hall of Fame induction, basically giving a middle finger to the progress the women have made over the last year.

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:56 am

Just finished the hof and damn stan hansen can talk. But I enjoyed listening to him talk. Stings speech bought a tease to my eye and just wonder who is gonna be in next year's now. ? I guess Bryan and maybe after tonight's wm it may be taker as well..

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:57 am

They wouldn't use both of them in the same year. Those are two headliners, so they'd split them up for sure

Brandon Morrison - Chief of Staff and Forum Attaché to the Grand Chancellor

SCXiao
Rookie

Post by SCXiao » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:04 am

You could hear the silent awkwardness in the air when Kevin von Erich called New Day "these New Gay guys"
ImageImageImage

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:48 am

If Taker is retiring next year, I would say that he gets in 2018. Bryan is the hot name and would be a great headliner for next year's show. The gotta stretch out some of these big names from year to year. I imagine the year they finally pull the trigger and induct The Rock, that show is going to be great.

I think if Mark Henry retires sometime this year, probably a little after Mania, I wouldn't be surprised if he got the call as well.

yerktekredneck
Developmental Talent

Post by yerktekredneck » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:30 am

Finally got a chance to go back and watch the whole ceremony. Really wasn't a bad evening. Each of the inductees seemed to be truly gracious and appreciative of the induction. You could listen to the "pep in the step" of Godfather and tell he had a blast in the industry.

Same with Stan Hansen. Listening to his speech, there was part of me that felt it went a little long, but there was another part that wanted to grab a drink and listen to more.

Freebirds gave a very Freebird-like speech. Felt a little bit awkward with New Day doing the introduction and having Von Erich come out later, rather than Von Erich doing the induction himself, though his part got a little awkward too. Just a shame that they didn't induct these guys years ago. Long overdue recognition.

Jacqueline was very classy, as well and went out of the way to specifically thank individual people, instead of a boiler-plate "thank you to everyone". Though dropping names like Terri Runnels and Ivory might not throw up red flags as being industry standouts, in the ring, their backstage influence may have very well been worth mentioning and was obviously important to her. She was a talented performer and worthy hall of fame entrant.

Though I am a little skeptical of the celebrity wing, Snoop appeared to really be humble and appreciative of the recognition. If they are going to do a celebrity wing, he would be on the short list of people who were actually worthy of such status. Still waiting on Lawrence Taylor, though.

I must say that I kinda feel for Slick. He really gave the induction a first class effort, but you could listen to him and almost get the feeling that he was thinking "Bossman was a really nice guy and I'm honored to induct him, but I worked with him for a couple of months, 25 years ago and am not quite sure how to go into specifics other than to comfort those who knew him better." It was also nice to hear from his family, to share stories and perspectives from someone who knew him as Ray Traylor and just viewed Bossman as his job title.

Sting seemed a little bit similar. While I love the fact the he gave a nice plug for Waffle House, he seemed a little bit cornered, too. Kinda gave that vibe of..." it was very nice of them to offer me the induction, but I'm a lifelong WCW guy and face of that company. Now I'm in front of a WWE crowd, surrounded by WWE guys, maybe 10% of which I have a working relationship with, so I'll nod to Flair, Anderson, Big Show, and a couple of others and just act classy and appreciative." Making the retirement announcement in that venue was probably really hard to do, as well.

All in all, it was a very nice ceremony and one of the parts of WM weekend I look forward to.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:41 pm

The class of 2017 is shaping up pretty nicely for the WWE Hall of Fame.

So far Kurt Angle is the headline act, not a bad selection, although it is a little surprising. The Rock and Roll Express will fill the tag team slot for this year (older folks on the forums may be able to hype them up a bit, I am not that familiar with the team but the name rings a bell), and just announced today, the longest tenured General Manager in WWE history and the man who loves tag team matches (especially with Undertaker and Randy Orton), Teddy Long, will be getting in this year. I would wager that either Austin or Rock will induct Angle (although it could be cool if Lesnar did it), Paul Heyman might induct the RR Express, and possibly Ron Simmons, JBL, or Booker T will induct Teddy.
SpoilerShow
There were also reports last month that both DDP and Rick Rude would also get inducted. Both deserving spots (with a lot of Rude fans thinking it's about damn time!)
This year's ceremony should be another good night and I can't wait to her Kurt's speech.