WWE Hall of fame thread

Discuss anything about the WWF/WWE past or present.
stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

WWE Hall of fame thread

Post by stigsyv1 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:05 am

So far this year we have sting and I guess Daniel Bryan will be joining this year's class now. Who else do you think will go in this year.?

yerktekredneck
Developmental Talent

Re: WWE Hall of fame thread

Post by yerktekredneck » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:59 am

Not sure about Bryan going in this year. I'd bet that they will plan to use him as the major headliner in next year's induction; to give them back-to-back-to-back mega headliners, following Savage and Sting. Little bit surprised that Honky Tonk Man hasn't gone in yet, or that Lawrence Taylor is not in the celebrity wing, especially considering that he did main event Wrestlemania. My favorite yearly go-to that has puzzled me is Stan Stasiak and Ivan Koloff not being in yet. Granted, both were transitional champions, but one ended Sammartino's streak and the other ended an extended streak by Morales, both of whom are highly recognizable figures. I understand the reluctance of putting transitional guys on the same pedestal as the elite legends of the business, but those two gaining the title in an era where title changes only happened a handful of time in a decade is a far more significant accomplishment than guys like Khali and Swagger getting a title run in an era where championships are handed out like Halloween candy.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:19 am

Yeah, I think they plan on spreading out the big time inductions as the only mega headliners they have left are really Taker and The Rock. Bryan is just under those two and I think he'd be used next year, to put off Taker for another year and Rock for another two.

Also there was a leak earlier in January where most of the rest of this class was revealed. They were Jacqueline, The Godfather, JBL,The Fabulous Freebirds, and Regis Philbin as the celebrity inductee, although like redneck said, Lawrence Taylor and Honky Tonk Man not being in yet is still a little surprising. Add in Rick Rude to that list as well.

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:29 am

Think honky tonk may be political as he has been outspoken on how guys where treated by Vince back in the day.
Lawrence Taylor maybe next year. But I can still see Bryan getting inducted this year while the momentum is with him and maybe be involved in some kind of match at mania he manages brie to a match with Stephanie at mania or someone else.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:43 pm

That should have been spoiler tagged, Slim. No telling if the list is real or not, but still.

As for inductions, they space out the posthumous inductions as much as possible so that you have an induction class of mostly living inductees and one or two deceased, otherwise it would just be really depressing. I think everyone would agree that Bulldog, Rude, Bossman, Bam Bam, Pillman, Billy Robinson, Wahoo McDaniel, Kanyon and Crash Holly would all be worthy inductions, but you have to space them out. Also, if Slim's list is correct, then the Freebirds will be the (mostly) posthumous inductions this year, as both Terry Gordy and Buddy Roberts have passed away.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:51 pm

I wonder who the warrior award will go to this year maybe Susan g kamen for the cancer work or someone similar

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:12 pm

My bad!

I also forgot to add Jericho and HHH as big time inductees that are left. Neither are quite on the level of either Rock or Taker, but each are big enough to headline a class.

Also with groups, I'd say Flair someday has a chance to be a 3 time inductee, because Evolution is hall worthy.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:17 pm

I would consider Big Show a guaranteed inductee down the road and I can see them building a HoF class around him.

Stigs, Susan G. Komen died 36 years ago. The foundation in her name that came to have involvement with WWE in recent years wouldn't be a candidate as the Warrior award is for individuals. Warrior intended for it to be for the behind the scenes staff, WWE has stated it will be for unsung heroes who can be either behind the scenes staff or fans. So, given that Connor was inducted last year, I would say that this year will be someone behind the scenes.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:25 pm

Should have googled kamen first.
I wonder how long it will be before they run out of high profile guys or recognised names and start to induct guys like al snow and boogeyman

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sun Feb 14, 2016 1:38 pm

Think about what you're wondering, Stigs. People age, as time goes on and wrestlers get older, they will be candidates for inductions. There's always going to be a decent list to pick from.

Plus, Al Snow is tremendous. Regardless of how he was booked, the dude is a fantastic person and performer and would absolutely be worthy of an induction.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Post by AndyF1069 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:29 pm

Half the current roster could be considered Hall of Fame worthy. Forget the obvious of Cena and Orton, but the likes of Kane, Big Show, Ziggler, Kofi, Del Rio, Dudleys, Goldust, Mark Henry and I could go on and on. Then you can consider non wrestling talent such as Paul Heyman or Michael Cole and after that there are non WWE alumni to consider. There's not going to be a shortage of talent anytime soon and in a worst case scenario, they can simple reduce the amount of people inducted each year.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

Creepster
Developmental Talent

Post by Creepster » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:59 pm

What about the likes of Charles Robinson and Scott Armstrong, their tenure has been respectable, no question they would be early on the card, but on the card regardless

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:37 pm

They're both still active referees though. If they were to start inducting refs, the Hebner's, if they're back on amicable terms with the WWE, would have to be first choice, I would think. Perhaps Jimmy Korderas and Tim White behind them. Nick Patrick would have to make the short list, and Bill Alfonzo. Posthumous inductions could go to Joey Marella (Gorilla Monsoon's son who passed away in the early 90's) and easily one of my favourite referees: Brian Hildebrand, a.k.a Mark Curtis in WCW.

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jama7301

Post by Jama7301 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:07 pm

Holla Holla holla.

Teddy Long says hello

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:22 pm

While he was a referee, I think if WWE were to induct him, they'd mostly do it on his merit as the longstanding GM of SmackDown.

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jama7301

Post by Jama7301 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:25 pm

Right. I was throwing him in for his career accomplishments. His refffing, managing and GMing

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:30 pm

Don't forget Mike Chioda.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:41 pm

Still reffing though, is he not?

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:56 pm

Indeed, when the time comes he'll have his spot.

As for the Warrior Award, I wouldn't be stunned if Jim Johnston got it. No wrestler worth his salt would be anything without a great Jim Johnston song.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:53 pm

Johnston would be a good candidate and he seems to be winding down his output these days, with the CFO$ duo doing most of the work these days.