WWE Network Thread

Discuss anything about the WWF/WWE past or present.
stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Re: WWE Network Thread

Post by stigsyv1 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:53 am

Please god let there be a video of that scene. just would love to see Vince's face

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:53 am

Any recommendations for the smokey mountain or awa wrestling matches to watch ?

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Post by AndyF1069 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:41 pm

Breaking Ground is incredibly compelling. This is the kind of show I hoped Total Divas would be. It allows the behind the scenes look into the real people without having to question if things are scripted for the sake of TV or not, probably a perk of being a network exclusive.

I also have a bit of pride in seeing Robbie Brookside (of Liverpool fame) as a trainer. I get feels when I hear his accent and think that somebody local to me is working in WWE.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:53 am

You don't think parts of Breaking Ground are scripted (or at the least highly manipulated)? Wow

Brandon Morrison - Chief of Staff and Forum Attaché to the Grand Chancellor

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:25 am

I didn't say it wasn't, I said it makes me feel like it isn't.

I watch Total Divas and have situations such as Summer slapping Nattie at her home with a bunch of cameras around and 1. Nattie not beating the hell out of her and 2. Not losing her job and I think "this is pretty scripted". I watch Breaking Ground and see Zach and Mojo opening talking about not really getting along but teaming for the mutual benefit of it and I can't tell if that's legit or not, it certainly feels genuine. I see the constant struggles for ZZ and I don't immediately question it, because it seems genuine. That's the difference.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:22 am

Sure, there are times when Breaking Ground seem more genuine, but I'm sure you can tell me times when Total Divas seems genuine too.

By that same token, in the last episode of BG, Mojo's house party, ZZ's volunteering trip to the gator reserve, and Nhooph coming backstage after her peer review and bashfully saying "I bombed" could definitely come off as "made for the camera" moments, if one was to be cynical. There's plenty that go both ways, was the point I meant to make. Sorry if I didn't make that as clear as possible

Brandon Morrison - Chief of Staff and Forum Attaché to the Grand Chancellor

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:51 am

stigsyv1 wrote:Any recommendations for the smokey mountain or awa wrestling matches to watch ?
From what was being said here before there's apparently not a lot of either promotion on the Network yet, so, I would say dive in wherever, you likely won't be disappointed either way.
AndyF1069 wrote:I also have a bit of pride in seeing Robbie Brookside (of Liverpool fame) as a trainer. I get feels when I hear his accent and think that somebody local to me is working in WWE.
It's a shame that WWE never brought him in when he was still working. The man was such a natural.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:27 pm

I read in a magazine once Jericho went to bat for him in early 2000 but they said that he wasn't what they were looking for. He did have a few matches in 06-07 and if my memory!ory serves he had a 3 on 1 match with Shane umaga and Vince..

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:11 pm

WWE 24 is still incredibly fascinating and such an extremely well put together show. Enjoying Legends with JBL too, some new stories that I haven't heard before. Hearing Ron Simmons talk about all the things he went through before he was 16 makes me appreciate him all that much more now.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:15 pm

Brookside had one match in 2005 and one in 2007 that were for the WWE. The first was a loss to Simon Dean and the latter was that 3v1 you were reffering to, Stigs.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:22 pm

The Booker T WWE 24 was incredible and I love Legends with JBL. I can't wait for the Booker T episode.

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:54 pm

My favorite original show is table for 3
New day, Barret and co and Kevin Owens one were my favorite ones

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:22 am

I dig that one as well. Reene Young's show isn't bad either and I enjoy watching The List as well.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:35 am

The Table for 3 with the Diva Legends is a good one to watch too. Great insight from Madusa, Ivory, and Molly Holly.

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:56 am

Not watched that one yet I will have to give it a look the wcw one with Vader sting and ddp was cool too. have you watched superstar ink ?

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:07 am

I've seen the short ones on Youtube.

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:32 am

Just watched the divas legends one and I thought it would be just like a bunch of girls chatting about the men building them back. But I apologize for even thinking that I was blown away not just how smoking molly Holly still looked but how honest and insightful they were about how they got to where they were and how madusa told the story about the women's title incident and it is true that one segment did start the flames of the Monday night wars.
Thank you slim for recommending that I really enjoyed it and hope they do another one.

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:00 am

Once again blown away at divas generations one I never knew tamina was a mother and also how hard it was for Natalya to to get hired

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:03 am

I was surprised at how good the Diva Legends one was. Hell, the one with Truth, Axel, and Miz wasn't bad. There is a part where Axel shows Truth a picture of him wrestling Curt Henning and you could tell hoe much Truth respected and appreciated him.

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:06 am

Just finished the one with Barret Shamus and regal that's the lot now hope they make more soon. I would like to see one with Paige Becky and Sasha.