WWE Network Thread

Discuss anything about the WWF/WWE past or present.
AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Re: WWE Network Thread

Post by AndyF1069 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:53 pm

"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jama7301

Post by Jama7301 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:53 pm

Because growing the brand and giving people more exposure? I think their UK coverage is lacking, so promoting their local talent is a plus.

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:45 am

UK wrestling is getting more popular so it makes sense that wwe gets in on that action. Where I live we have a monthly wrestling show and it is packed out solid every time now if wwe start promoting a British show weekly on network they could pack out a arena easily and even go on the road and pack it out.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:11 pm

For those who watched, how was the UK Tournament?

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:44 pm

I've had it on as background noise and I'm through the first half of the tournament. I wouldn't say (so far) that it is as exciting as the cruiserweight classic, but that's partly by design. Instead there is a different type of performance, some of which is a lot of fun to watch. The atmosphere is much different too due to the red hot local crowd.

You can also tell that Michael Cole is having a blast. He's just calling the matches instead of feeding us tons of info and you can hear in his voice how much fun he is having, especially at the end of the last match.

Some of the characters are bland and some are very intriguing. Pete Dunn has caught my eye in a big way, he's very Finlay-esque. Tyler Bate is 19 years old, but you'd never guess it from watching him. He's stacked with talent and charisma.

It's a very long watch, which is a negative compared to the CWC, but all in all it's definitely worth a watch.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:49 pm

Just watched Bring it to the Table. Peter Rosenberg (I don't know who he is but I recognise the name) sits with JBL and Paul Heyman to cover some pressing topics. I thought this was really refreshing, especially with how "behind the scenes" it was, even in comparison to the other things. From asking if Raw should be 3 hours, to Connor McGregor calling out WWE and even discussing Hulk Hogan being removed from the company.

I think Paul was a bit too confrontish at some points, but all in all it was a great show and I hope they do more.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:42 pm

Peter Rosenburg. Dude is a huge wrestling fan and he even had Daniel Bryan on a few years ago where Bryan talked about going to a Panera with Cody Rhodes and the Ryback. Funny stuff.

I enjoyed the vibe and feel of the show too and I hope they do more and possibly rotate a new guest in with JBL, Paul, and Peter.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:16 pm

I need Pete Dunn in WWE. Dude is literally a modern day Finlay, so much fun to watch and such a genuine bad guy.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:35 pm

Tyler Bate is so damn good, I'm truly struggling to believe that he is only 19. Besides just general wrestling ability, he is so on point with mannerisms and expressions. He's able to tell a compelling story and put on a good or better match at an age at which a majority of wrestlers haven't even begun to train yet. He's another one who needs to be snapped up asap for WWE.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:38 am

Another fantastic edition of WWE 24. Seeing Vince get visibly emotional when Shane and his grandkids were on the stage at Wrestlemania was pretty special.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:35 pm

That and seeing the reaction of Linda, his wife, and kids seeing him free fall was something. That shit was insane!

I watched the first ever WWE 24 that was shot around Mania 30. The behind the scenes stuff with Warrior, little Connor, and seeing Hogan, Rock, and Austin interact was great to see.

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:51 pm

AndyF1069 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:35 pm
Tyler Bate is so damn good, I'm truly struggling to believe that he is only 19. Besides just general wrestling ability, he is so on point with mannerisms and expressions. He's able to tell a compelling story and put on a good or better match at an age at which a majority of wrestlers haven't even begun to train yet. He's another one who needs to be snapped up asap for WWE.
HHH seems to have taken a liking to him.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

Tiedyemind
Developmental Talent

Post by Tiedyemind » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:42 pm

My favorite original shows on the Network are the Ride Along and Swerved and Legends House. I tried Camp WWE, it wasn't that great I think, I don't know just something about it turns me off of it.

I watched both the UK tournament and the Cruiserweight tournament and so far prefer the Cruiserweight tournament.

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:10 pm

The UK tournament was ok but when will the belt actually be defended on tv will they bring it to nxt and have that as a secondary title

Tiedyemind
Developmental Talent

Post by Tiedyemind » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:08 am

stigsyv1 wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:10 pm
The UK tournament was ok but when will the belt actually be defended on tv will they bring it to nxt and have that as a secondary title
I believe they will be setting up secondary Network show like 205 Live for the UK side of things

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Wed May 03, 2017 5:06 am

Christian describing Kurt Angle at his wedding on Table for 3 is one of the funniest things I've ever watched.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Fri May 05, 2017 2:46 pm

That episode is up? Well I know what I'm starting after work. Table for 3 is consistently one of the better shows on the Network. I'm looking forward to the one with Jim Cornette and Eric Bischoff.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Wed May 17, 2017 11:39 am

Triple H getting emotional behind the scenes when Finn gave up his championship after Summerslam, it's only on screen for a moment but it's really powerful.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Wed May 17, 2017 2:22 pm

The ending montage from the Finn 24

https://streamable.com/strx1

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Mon May 29, 2017 2:01 pm

This is going to be incredible