WWE Network Thread

Discuss anything about the WWF/WWE past or present.
AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

WWE Network Thread

Post by AndyF1069 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:36 pm

A thread to talk about the shows that individually may not be worth their own thread.
This can also be the place to discuss specials such as the upcoming Madison Square Garden Event and future live events.

The last few months there has been a huge influx of original content. Some of it was hit and miss such as the Jerry Springer shows and Swerved. Both shows were okay, some better than others. The last few weeks has seen the introduction of shows such as Table for Three and JBL interviewing legends.

Table for Three specifically I'm finding to be fascinating. They put three people together and let them talk about whatever the hell they want. The first had Piper, Orndorff and Gene Okerlund. New Day got one which was hilarious but also very deep. Kofi bluntly admitted he wasn't enjoying coming to work anymore until he got with New Day. Now he's having the most fun of his career and doesn't see a future with him in WWE that isn't involved with New Day.

Then there are shows like the NXT panel this past week which was a great watch too. If they keep producing content like this (and do a better job of advertising it) then the future is going to be very bright for the network.

Madison Square Garden tomorrow. I wonder how many suplexes Brock will be able to give Big Show before he collapses or before Big Show explodes.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

meta
Title Contender

Re: WWE Network Thread

Post by meta » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:55 pm

Havent had a chance to watch it yet, but Table for Three is exactly the kind of show I love to see. Just put the people together and let em go. In a similar vein of "Talking Funny" Sienfeld, Louis CK, Chris Rock, and Ricky Gervais just sitting around talking about comedy.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:07 pm

Dolph looking like Bret Ziggler right now.

I wonder if this show will feel more like a tv show or feel more like a house show. House shows have way more fan interaction.

*edit*

Guess the ending answers that.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:16 am

How are Paige, Becky Lynch and Charlotte still teaming? Why is this happening? Paige has broken up with them multiple times already.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

Robmayn
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: sRobXMayneZe

Post by Robmayn » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:47 pm

'Cause women?

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:55 pm

It's more likely that WWE, as is per usual with breaking up tag teams, feels like they need to break them up over and over again instead of just doing it once.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:06 pm

But consider that it was a house show that was advertised months in advance and won't be witnessed by the majority of the Raw audience. I don't think anything on this show other than Brock Lesnar destroying the Big Show will get mentioned on Raw and shouldn't be considered part of any story.

Legend_Killer
Mid Carder

Post by Legend_Killer » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:59 pm

Did anyone see the NXT 24 at Takeover Brooklyn? Probably the best show I have seen on the Network.

The Network is really coming into it's own recently with the JBL interviews and the Table of 3s. I watch it more than the actual WWE programming at the moment. But that is because it is shit.

meta
Title Contender

Post by meta » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:45 am

Finally watched New Day Table for Three, it was fantastic. Now to watch the others. And for some reason, WWE24 Takeover won't load, dammit.

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:05 am

meta wrote:Finally watched New Day Table for Three, it was fantastic. Now to watch the others. And for some reason, WWE24 Takeover won't load, dammit.
I've been having a lot of trouble with buffering on the Network. My internet doesn't act up when I used Netflix or Hulu through my XBone, but it does when I use the Network. So my viewing of the Network has been considerably less in recent times since I can't watch old shows without insufferable buffering.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

Legend_Killer
Mid Carder

Post by Legend_Killer » Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:29 pm

Yeah I had some trouble with WWE24 Takeover when I watched it. A fair bit of buffering.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:21 am

This weeks table for three was Cesaro, Owens and Ambrose. They literally spent all of it talking about roads stories and the 30 minutes seemed to fly by. They could easily have talked for hours without end and I would have been happy to listen to all of them.

I love this series, finding myself genuinely excited for future episodes.

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:48 am

And probably did talk all night. They clip it to 30 minutes, but they probably ate for a lot longer than that

Brandon Morrison - Chief of Staff and Forum Attaché to the Grand Chancellor

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:41 pm

Just watched table for 3 with new day and Owens Cesaro and Ambrose they were cool and can't wait for next one

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:16 pm

http://www.wrestleview.com/wwe-news/566 ... twork-show

WWE sure isn't fucking around with the production on this thing. Breaking Ground is going to be a happening

meta
Title Contender

Post by meta » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:44 pm

O.o When did The Shatt make a WWE appearance?

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:53 pm

http://www.wrestleview.com/wwe-news/567 ... of-q3-2015

So the WWE Network is carrying an average of 1,173,000 subscribers, with them expanding to India in November, and Germany and Japan in 2016. Things are coming along very nicely with lots of room for growth

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:13 pm

If Facebook and Twitter comments are anything to go by, they have an enormous Indian fanbase. I wonder if they'll get Khali involved for any of the India stuff.

Watched the Table for 3 featuring Bo Dallas, Neville and Samoa Joe. Every single one of them flat out says the NXT performance center is the greatest facility for wrestling that they've ever been in and put over how much they've improved since being a part of it (even Joe). Best part for me was Neville admitting to trying his best to get Bo (who always wears white trunks) to poop himself whenever he takes a Red Arrow. Apparently he's come pretty close more than once. The conversation as a while didn't feel too natural though, it felt like they were being fed questions based on the language used (at least in comparison to the other shows, which for all I know maybe have questions fed there too).

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:35 am

Watching breaking ground new energy and the editing seems to be all over the place it keeps skipping forwards and backwards to different bits

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:33 am

What do you mean?