The Stars of Tomorrow - The Official WWE NXT Thread

Discuss anything about the WWF/WWE past or present.
GooberBM
VIP Member

Re: The Stars of Tomorrow - The Official WWE NXT Thread

Post by GooberBM » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:12 pm

A Shaolin Monk turning into Freddie Mercury. My favorite is still Wrestle Kingdom 8, when Nakamura decided he would just become a stripper pole....

Brandon Morrison - Chief of Staff and Forum Attaché to the Grand Chancellor

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jama7301

Post by Jama7301 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:43 pm

I'm a sucker for the theming of the Wrestle Kingdom 9 entrance.

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:59 pm

Turns out, he wasn't wrong about Kota Ibushi now was he?

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Post by AndyF1069 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:25 pm

From Asuka's Instagram (long text post, spoiler tag for space)
SpoilerShow
I take on Bayley for a rematch for the NXT Women’s Championship at NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II tomorrow.
It was last year’s TakeOver: Brooklyn that I made my first appearance to the WWE scenes. As you may remember, the camera caught me in the audience next to “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair and Sgt. Slaughter. Soon after that, a press conference was held in Tokyo to officially announce my signing with WWE. At the press conference, I clearly said “Now that I am on the roster, the women’s division of WWE should be more exciting than ever." Almost a year since then. I will be coming back to Brooklyn tomorrow. But this time, I will be stepping in the ring as the NXT Women’s Champion.
For the WWE Universe all over the world hardly waiting for the ASUKA-Bayley II, let me share my thoughts on my first year with WWE as well as Bayley. Hope this will be a good seasoning to further enjoy the rematch.
Bayley was the NXT Women’s Champion when I started my career with WWE in Orlando, FL. Being a champion means being a symbol of the division. Therefore, I took her as a symbol of the women’s division and learned about it through her sayings and doings. By doing so, I could easily imagine that she must have gone through numerous hardships and struggles over the course of her career to win the championship.
On the other hand, having long experience of working for many wrestling promotions as freelancer, I knew what the best and fastest way to get recognition in a new environment was: taking the shortest cut to win the championship on the big stage. To make it happen at NXT as well, I needed to beat Bayley no matter what it would take. Considering her great history with NXT that made her the most favored Diva on the roster, I decided to leave no place for sentiment in my quest for the championship. You know what happened then, don’t you? Getting a title shot after about 6 months, I defeated Bayley to win the Women’s Championship at NXT TakeOver: Dallas this April. As I had worked frantically day in day out until winning the title, the 6 months passed by like a flash. Right after winning the Championship, I thought I might finally be able to take a breather, but it didn’t happen. In my opinion, the value of the champion belt depends on the quality of the champion. I believe that people all over the world have been judging the NXT Women’s Division by the reigning champion, me, since this past April. In this regard, I take pride in fulfilling the pledge I made to the WWE Universe at the press conference held in Tokyo last September by bringing what you had never seen before into the NXT scenes, which I hope you enjoy. I am proud of myself for having won many titles and then worked hard to gain prestige of those titles over more the course of my career. But that was not for a major organization/promotion like NXT. I have to admit that the pressure on my shoulders is enormous! Since winning the championship about 4 months ago, I have been feeling the responsibility for continuing delivering memorable, exciting moments in the women’s division for the WWE Universe. To be honest, I used to consider myself approaching perfection as female sports entertainer with little room for further growth. Well, I was wrong! The 4-month reign as the NXT Women’s Champion allowed me to grow more than ever. I am determined to continue making all efforts to reach higher levels as a champion of the No.1 sports entertainment company in the world.
There are 2 things I have special interest in about the ASUKA-Bayley II. First: my winning streak. I am still undefeated. Now I am also very curious about who stops me. Bayley? Someone else? Nobody knows. One thing I can say for sure is she must be very very good to beat me. At TakeOver: Brooklyn II, I will face Bayley one on one to see if it is Bayley she can put an end to my streak. Hope the WWE Universe also enjoy
Second: Bayley’s character. She is a high-integrity person. I have never seen anyone as immaculate as Bayley. The problem is the dark side of me wakes up when I face such an immaculate person. At Dallas, I could manage to control the dark side. But I am not sure if I can do it again. It makes even myself intimidated to imagine that I might blacken the pure white this time. Well, NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II takes place tomorrow. In addition to the ASUKA-Bayley II, Shinsuke Nakamura makes his challenge to the NXT Championship and Ember Moon makes her debut. Let’s enjoy witnessing the history of NXT turns its new page.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:43 pm

Ember Moons finish was amazing. I was worried about how the NXT womens roster would look like with all of the top stars moving on to Raw and Smackdown but it's going to be absolutely fine. Billie Kay looked like a star and can be proud of her performance tonight.

Award for the greatest entrance of 2016 can go to Bobby Roode.
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:18 pm

Yeah, Ember Moon is a flashy girl with that finisher

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:41 pm

Asuka is so ridiculously good at everything she does inside and outside the ring.

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:00 pm

Bayley crying so hard she ruined her makeup pretty much tells you what's what about her future in NxT

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:03 pm

I'm shaking a little bit with excitement as this violin dude plays. I'm such a sucker for Shinsuke.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:39 pm

RIPieces Joe's jaw. Hope it's not a serious injury. I don't know how to feel about Nakamura winning. If he's champ then he's not likely to be on the main roster soon, all of the sad faces. But Nakamura is the champ, all of the happy faces.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:34 pm

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:33 pm

Bayley vs asuka and Joe vs Nakamura's matches were the best matches I have seen so far this year. Summerslam has a lot to follow if they wanna deliver like they did

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer

Post by Jama7301 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:45 pm

I didn't think Joe/Nakamura wasn't anywhere near as good as Bayley/Asuka or Gargano/Ciampa vs The Revival. It was good, don't get me wrong, but it was just missing something.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer

Post by AndyF1069 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:53 pm

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:57 pm

They don't have Becky Lynch's curtain call after her NXT Title match with Sasha, so this video is invalid

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:48 pm

Bobby roodes entrance is just wow. That needs to be seen on raw or SDL

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:13 pm

I'll need to see what the entrance will look like in Full Sail before I go completely gaga. He's not doing the giant pedestal all the time, so what will his "normal" entrance look like?

Jama7301
Hall Of Famer

Post by Jama7301 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:55 pm

And Shawn Michaels should do his Mania entrance every Raw

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:35 am

As much as I like Roode's theme it does get a bit repetitive, a nother couple lyrics would've helped.

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

endless
Hall Of Famer

Post by endless » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:35 pm

Leah Von/Vaughn/Von Dutch