Welcome to WrestleviewForums.com - New Moderators, Questions

Discuss anything about the WWF/WWE past or present.
Paul Nemer
Site Admin

Welcome to WrestleviewForums.com - New Moderators, Questions

Post by Paul Nemer » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:06 am

I want to welcome Greg McNeish and Nicholas Gray (OneManX) as the new moderators for the forums. As you can see, Greg and I cleaned up the Forums. Some were merged with others.

Wrestleviewforums.com is the new domain name. (PaulNemer.com still exists for those who still want to use it).

List of things to do:

1) We will be adding the other styles / templates over the weekend.
2) A new banner that says WrestleviewForums.com will be added.
3) Promote the Forums heavily on the main news site.
4) Possibly have a RSS feed on here with the latest news.

If you have any questions or comments, this is the chance for us to answer them all.

Thanks to all the people who stuck around and kept this place alive.

We can assure you, we will try our best to promote it and bring it back like it once was.

If you notice any errors, things that should be fixed, please point them out.

Thank you

"I would never screw anybody under any circumstances - I have too much integrity to lower myself to that level - and that's the difference between Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart."
-Bret Hart

Little Jimmy
Hall Of Famer

Re: Welcome to WrestleviewForums.com - New Moderators, Quest

Post by Little Jimmy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:18 am

The off-topic forum I notice did a big merger between the video games forum and movie forum, among others. I wonder if it might make sense to alter the description there, to further detail some of the off-topic content that is in there. It might seem more appealing. Currently it says:
Anything goes forum. Discuss Politics, school, family, whatever you want.
I just thought it might be a good idea to alter it to something like:

"Anything goes forum. Discuss Politics, school, family, movies, television, sports, video games, whatever you want."

Not in those exact words of course. Just a thought.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:29 am

Change is good but why did you have to get rid of
wwe episodes forum and classic wwf forum it was well
organized oh well what can I do. Now it's a thing of the
past.

Now i'm glad the grahics frum is dead it was hard to keep
that alive and I failed messerable at times but it's gone.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:31 am

and wheres the link banner you had up at start of all this then it was removed
I really liked that with facebook and twitter logos on the side or is that still in
the works again

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:36 am

Oh, I see something different but just worded links for now but
thats ok to at least theres a link back to the main website :D

Sorry for questioning you about the banner because I seen
some of the work you were working on at start of this
and had it has my theme when you worked on it.

But good job!

Paul Nemer
Site Admin

Post by Paul Nemer » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:09 am

Little Jimmy wrote:The off-topic forum I notice did a big merger between the video games forum and movie forum, among others. I wonder if it might make sense to alter the description there, to further detail some of the off-topic content that is in there. It might seem more appealing. Currently it says:
Anything goes forum. Discuss Politics, school, family, whatever you want.
I just thought it might be a good idea to alter it to something like:

"Anything goes forum. Discuss Politics, school, family, movies, television, sports, video games, whatever you want."

Not in those exact words of course. Just a thought.
Good idea. I just fixed it.

Thanks.

"I would never screw anybody under any circumstances - I have too much integrity to lower myself to that level - and that's the difference between Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart."
-Bret Hart

Paul Nemer
Site Admin

Post by Paul Nemer » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:12 am

isrs4life wrote:Change is good but why did you have to get rid of
wwe episodes forum and classic wwf forum it was well
organized oh well what can I do. Now it's a thing of the
past.

Now i'm glad the grahics frum is dead it was hard to keep
that alive and I failed messerable at times but it's gone.

Actually, I only got rid of the Categories, but all posts within those catgories have been moved to this forum "WWE Forum".

-Bret Hart

Paul Nemer
Site Admin

Post by Paul Nemer » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:14 am

isrs4life wrote:Oh, I see something different but just worded links for now but
thats ok to at least theres a link back to the main website :D

Sorry for questioning you about the banner because I seen
some of the work you were working on at start of this
and had it has my theme when you worked on it.

But good job!
I was in a testing phase. It didn't feel it looked too good. We will be adding or links soon. We currently have two links to the main page. One in text and the other is the big graphic on top that says "Wrestleview.com" on it.

-Bret Hart

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:16 am

Could you stickie some of the threads in the off topic forum
that I asked for that I really top of all old sections, Paul?

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Post by AndyF1069 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:49 am

MMA board hasn't been posted in over a year. I'd suggest either removing it, or just making it a dedicated sports section (to not clutter the off topic board).
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:00 am

If we could have some topics stickied like just say tv and ppv
like just the ones that are happening and only have them up for a while till the next month and take it down?

That feels like organization to me.

OneManX
Title Contender

Post by OneManX » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:49 am

AndyF1069 wrote:MMA board hasn't been posted in over a year. I'd suggest either removing it, or just making it a dedicated sports section (to not clutter the off topic board).
Yeah, a sports board might be the way to go, just to clear out the MMA board.
Co-Host of the WV Independent Roundtable

Master of Satsui no Hadou

ImageImage
YAO~!

TheLyontamer

Post by TheLyontamer » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:03 pm

Lumping half-dead categories together makes perfect sense in order to clear up the unnecessary clutter. I think it’s fair to say that it was gone about the wrong way, though. For a start, there’s no reason for the MMA board not to be either deleted or merged with sport, as the last post there was almost two years ago, I believe. The fantasy booking boards also serve no purpose. On the rare occasion that anyone ever does want to do that, I don’t see why it can’t go in the main forum. Deleting the episodes forum is OK, as long as the TV shows (or even just Raw) and the PPV of the month are stickied.

As for breaking down the off topic board, it’s difficult to decide which categories should be put together. Throwing everything in together certainly isn’t the solution. I think TV/movies/music could go together, and video games is active enough to stand by itself. The maybe sports too. The off topic forum itself is pretty inactive, but probably still necessary.

And I realise that this is only the beginning of the change, and that stuff will be altered over the weekend, but it’s important that a lot of feedback is given early on in order to make sure that the majority of people are pleased by what we ultimately get.

Thanks for making a start on fixing this place, guys.

Greg_McNeish
Twitter: GregMcNeishWV

Post by Greg_McNeish » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:06 pm

I just stickied the Raw, Smackdown, and Summerslam threads, as well as Random Questions (since that was the point of the thread). I'll do the same for Impact, and whatever TNA PPV is coming up (BFG?). If there's anything else you want stuck to the top, let me know.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. This forum belongs to all of us. It even doesn't have Paul's name on it, anymore. ;)

Greg McNeish - Grand Chancellor

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:08 pm

• I still argue the VG, Music and Movies/TV boards should of been kept. Now it's all just mashed into off topic, and is overly discouraging for discussion, as it's just EVERYTHING that's not wrestling, and aside from the busiest threads, everything else in those particular veins gets quickly buried under the clutter, which is how it currently looks.
  • Fantasy Booking is just wishful thinking at this point, and aside from Isrs contributions was as dead as a board could be. If anything should of gotten the ax, it should of been that and MMA.
  • While ten active threads a month doesn't seem like much, it's far more than even Indy, Japan and TNA (once again discounting Isrs on the latter-most) got, and despite the fact that this is primarily a wrestling forum, if you're going on activity alone, those boards did enough to warrant themselves.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:12 pm

Atta boy Nucks. Fight the power. Especially since you have a valid point

Brandon Morrison - Chief of Staff and Forum Attaché to the Grand Chancellor

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:31 pm

This is what LyonTamer had to say:
TheLyontamer wrote:While I know it’s probably not your intention, Greg, keeping the fantasy forums because you don’t want to scroll back a few pages (the forum has a search feature to avoid this problem, by the way), but merging all the others seems a bit like you’re forcing your will on the rest of us. Ten active threads per month isn’t a bad number. The fantasy forum hasn’t even had ten posts in the last year. Seeing everything under one off topic banner is quite a mess, which will discourage people from looking them up and posting, and ultimately make it impossible for subforums to “prove necessary” (though I have no idea what the criteria for that would even be. Fifteen active threads per month? Twenty?).

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

Little Jimmy
Hall Of Famer

Post by Little Jimmy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:41 pm

Just to put this in here in case nobody read through the mess Goober and I created in the other thread, which isn't as designated as this one.

Thus far, BZ, Tamer, Andy and myself are pulling for a longer post edit time.
Little Jimmy wrote:Personally I don't think that's nearly long enough. I too appreciate the edit button, but if the only reason for the limit is to prevent overuse of it, I still don't see how upping it to like an hour or longer would really hurt anything, if it's a long post you make especially, you'll have to proof read it, and when you go to edit you might want to add a remark or any little thing can happen that makes you take much longer than 5 minutes. You might not even notice it right away, like typos and stuff like that. I just don't think 5 minutes is enough time to work with.
BioticZombie wrote:And I'm also agreeing with Jimmy, as not only do you have just five minutes to click the edit button, you only have five minutes to edit the post. And that's difficult, especially if have OCD about your errors and they're hardly discernible at first sight.
AndyF1069 wrote:Nobody complained about the new edit button, they made comments and requests.

Being unable to edit a post defeats the purpose of having an edit option to begin with. We're also aware that the forum changes are brand new and more is to come, which is why we've posted feedback on all manner of things and not just the edit button.
TheLyontamer wrote:I appreciate the edit button, but I feel that 95% of the posts that I want to edit would take longer than five minutes to do so. I think a minimum of an hour should be given for this. Five minutes to edit is like teasing us with the prospect of having a nice thing, then yanking it away from us. While some of you may have embraced the fact that you will always succumb to this faith, many of the rest of us have certainly not. Hopefully more people will add their voices to this.
So to sum that up, I think we could agree amongst us that we would like at least an hour to edit a post, if not much longer.

Also. BZ and myself are pulling for a larger avatar size.
BioticZombie wrote:Another one when it comes to aesthetic preferences, any chance we can go larger than 90x90 when it comes to avatar size? I mean, it's just so small and it kind of defeats the purpose of having one since scrunching it makes it come out so unappealing.

I don't see the point of having avatar size limits to reduce lag when you technically can have a gaudy signature that could potentially do the same thing as a large avatar.

"20 posts per page" was implemented to fasten load time, and it worked, but the 90x90 rule is a bit overkill.
Little Jimmy wrote:I'll second that just to add another hand. It has nothing to do with my wanting to give Greg a bigger avatar than what i originally expected. Though I have not shut up about it, it has nothing to do with it.

120x120 would be a nice improvement.

Greg_McNeish
Twitter: GregMcNeishWV

Post by Greg_McNeish » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:49 pm

Let me know if I'm summing up the thoughts well:
  1. Sub-divide the mashed together Off Topic into two additional parts: Sports (merged with MMA), and Media (video games, movies, TV).
  2. Increase the window for editing posts.
  3. Increase avatar size to 120x120.
Oh, and I'm totally pulling a power play with regards to Fantasy Booking. It's staying. Deal with it. :twisted:

Greg McNeish - Grand Chancellor

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:53 pm

• I never agreed to Media. Like I said, you're just taking the three topics most likely to clutter and putting them together, so it's not really resolving the dilemma I raised.
  • Separate them either as their own boards or sub-boards. Or if you insist on a "Media" board, still give video games its own place.
  • And you might as well just can MMA and Sports altogether, as neither one generated discussion aside from Tamer talking about real Football on occasion, which off-topic would satisfy.