The last match you watched chain.

Discuss anything about the WWF/WWE past or present.
GooberBM
VIP Member

Re: The last match you watched chain.

Post by GooberBM » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:05 pm

But thank you for adding to my point about not allowing your suspension of disbelief to trigger, Nucks

Brandon Morrison - Chief of Staff and Forum Attaché to the Grand Chancellor

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:07 pm

AndyF1069 wrote:I actually said that the formula hadn't changed. The way it is executed is different, but the rough outline of getting from point X (start) to point Z (end) with all of the filler (Y) is essentially untouched. I don't know if the problem right now is the scripted promos, I don't know if it's the different presentation methods, if it's the different players or if it's the increased time. But the show right now isn't as entertaining as it was years ago.

But I can also counter my own points I raised, because all or most of them were present in the following scenarios. Two years ago when Daniel Bryan was having his rise, the show was good. Three years ago when CM Punk was ruling the world, the show was good. Four years ago when Triple H was first debuted as an authority figure and we had all of the realism angles such as unhappy workers walking out and Miz/Truth running wild, the show was good. Five years ago when the Nexus debuted, the show was good.

I genuinely don't understand how they've gotten to this point that they are at when the general formula of xyz is still the same.
There's an active block in the audience, for just allowing the thing to be the thing, because of their lack of suspension of disbelief

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:30 pm

For the record, Crowe asked for his release and WWE gave it to him.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:45 pm

Yeah, it's all the audiences fault, we're blocking everything, we should just be happy little mindless twits and try to believe in the WWE extra hard.

When I tuned in during the WWE World title tournament I was actively enjoying myself as a fan for the first time in years. I wasn't critiquing every move and hold, wasn't analyzing the fuck out of foot placement, body language and hold positioning, rather, I was actually getting taken away with it. It felt good, it felt right.

But then, just as I was finding my personal enjoyment in wrestling again, along came that utterly, wholly tasteless angle involving the mention of a very real, very tragic death of one of the actors brothers used as a means of driving an in-character angle on a scripted TV show. That CRUSHED any enjoyment I was having up to that point. Somehow, though, that disconnect in my enjoyment, despite it being a sentiment that was widely shared, is solely my fault because I didn't believe hard enough.

I must have been naive for all these years to think that WWE were fallible and the onus was on them to be the ones doing the entertaining, when all along they were simply a perfect entity whose only job was to provide a mindless, visual and auditory stimuli. I failed in my job to sit there, eyes wide and mouth agape and simply believe in this barrage of movement and sound without question.

Does this apply to all forms of entertainment? Or is WWE the only one so infallible? Shall we tell Evan that it's his fault for not believing in Fantastic Four, leading him to call it "Just a big steaming pile of shit." or do we draw the line at WWE? Maybe I just wasted the last four years crafting a series and trying to write something I think people might enjoy reading when all I had to do was mash the keyboard with the palms of my hands and blame everyone else for not finding the book entertaining.

Maybe this just applies to wrestling in general? Is it our fault that TNA is circling the proverbial toilet bowl because we didn't believe hard enough in it and block our sense of disbelief from triggering?

Who is responsible for David Arquette: WCW World Champion for failing? Their bookers for thinking that was a good idea or us, because we just didn't believe hard enough in David Arquette?

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:16 pm

No, but I don't swing from "I'm really enjoying this" to "the WWE is the worst" even when something unpleasant, tasteless, or just plain bad happens on their tv. I react to it, I think about what they may have been going for and where it might have gone wrong, then I go on to watching the next thing to see if that's better than the thing before.

I just gave JBL praise after being one of the most vocal detractors about him. Because when he does good, I enjoy it and want to praise it. I don't just mindlessly have any opinion without at least trying to back it up or being willing to listen to new data and opinions and will change my mind if I'm presented with something that can change it.

At one time, I didn't like the way Daniel Bryan was being pushed. He didn't do it for me as a character and I wasn't connecting to him or the writing the way they wanted me to. But as we got towards WM 30, he put it all together as a performer, the writing was great, and I was on board when he beat Triple H. That was the thing I needed to see and they delivered. The title win was a nice epilogue, for me, but they delivered on the moment I needed.

We have a disconnect on the quality of writing because I've enjoyed the writing for the last 6 months. I have not had the same problems with it others have. I'm not going to criticize something I'm enoying because I'm enjoying it. That wouldn't make a ton of sense

El Canuck
Hall Of Famer

Post by El Canuck » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:43 pm

The point that I've been continually trying to make is that I will and do tell people when they do good, but when some form of entertainment media stops being entertaining it's not on the fans for not being entertained. For instance, I know that when my book drops that the right-wing religious crowd are not going to be entertained by it because my book features homosexual characters and sentiments that do not cast religion in a favourable light. You know what? That's not their fault for not liking it, I didn't write the book with those people in mind, that's on me. I know I can't write a book that appeals to everybody, but if the people who I am trying to appeal to read it and say it's boring or doesn't read well or has awful prose, then that is absolutely on me, because I tried to entertain those demographics and I failed to do that. It's on me to go back to the drawing board and try to fix it or move on. That goes for the WWE too. If they keep delivering a product that their target audience is not finding entertaining, it's on the WWE. Maybe, just maybe, though, I'm not the demographic anymore.

As of April 1st, 2016,the first entry in my Gold & Steel fantasy series, As Fierce as Steel, is on sale. Visit www.thegoldandsteelsaga.com for more!

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:14 pm

That is the question to consider, after all. There is plenty of wrestling available that doesn't do what the WWE does, if you're not satisfied with the WWE product

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:11 pm

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3fyu2 ... 2015_sport

DDT 11/17/2015 - Hiroshi Tanahashi & Yohei Komatsu v. HARASHIMA & Ken Ohka

I really don't watch much DDT, so I'm getting my first tastes of HARASHIMA and Ken Ohka here. But this match is incredible fun, perhaps the best tag team match of 2015. After a quick Google search, HARASHIMA has been a DDT lifer and Ken Ohka has been around all the major Japanese promotions pretty much, where have these guys been in my life? Here is what I learned about the DDT fans, they love Ohka, but holy shit, do they LOVE HARASHIMA. We also get heel Tanahashi here which is the best Tanahashi there is. Komatsu is so great too, I hope they find a better use for him on the roster.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

GooberBM
VIP Member

Post by GooberBM » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:44 pm

HARASHIMA is the Ace of DDT, so that's why they love him

Red_And_Yellow
VIP Member

Post by Red_And_Yellow » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:55 pm

I can see why, he was a happening, as you would say.

BAZED SASHA. CRY IZZY.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:05 pm

WCW Clash of the champions 1
WCW WHC Match
Ric Flair vs. Sting
^One of the first times i've seen it well it ended on a draw with Sting using
the scorpion death lock to end the match and it was one of the first times i've seen
the match which was on Sting: Into the light

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:39 pm

The entire Fully Loaded 2000 show. That is probably the best pay-per view of that year.

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:35 pm

Big slim wrote:The entire Fully Loaded 2000 show. That is probably the best pay-per view of that year.
I was 14 at the time and I ordered fully loaded it was a fun ppv and it was the first
ppv I have ever ordered in my life and I was able to tape it to.

SCXiao
Rookie

Post by SCXiao » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:38 pm

Been watching some "old" Cody Rhodes matches, he had some great ones vs Orton and Rhodes vs Mysterio at Wrestlemania is still one of my favorite WM matches ever
ImageImageImage

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:45 pm

Just been watching WWE Best PPV Matches of 2015 I watched most of disk 1
and All I watched on disk 2 was John Cena vs. Kevin Owens from the elimination
chamber network exclusive there isn't much I need to watch from the set
because I own the other half the ppv's or saw on the internet.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:41 pm

So, I bought the tlc ppv of 2015 last night and had a lazy day trying to watch
something before I went back to my new place and gave main matches a stretch
for time I had left of being home.

Triple Threat ladder match for the wwe tag titles from TLC 2015
New Day vs. The Uso's vs. Lucha Dragons
^It was an awesome match all teams did an amazing job

Chairs Match for the wwe us title from TLC 2015
Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger
^Jeeze these two guys had a decent amount of air time it was over 10 minutes
which jack swagger did a good job for once in a while ago.

Tag Team Elimination Tables Match
Dudley Boyz, Tommy Dreamer&Rhyno vs. The Wyatt Family
^It was alright not the best braun was really good in this match
eliminating mostly every body.

TLC Match for the WWE WHC from tlc 2015
Sheamus vs. Roman Reigns
^Now was I really wrong about this match being decent enough which it was
even better then I thought both men went through a few tables every thing
was used in this match it was around 23 minutes long thats good enough
for guys like Sheamus and Roman Reigns.

I did not get around to watching Dean Ambrose winning the ic title from Kevin
Owens because i felt like I did not have time for this one but i'll watch it another
time not like it was spoiled on back of the dvd case.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:33 pm

Halftime Heat from 1999, The Rock vs Mankind for Rock's WWE Championship. Only Rock and Mankind could've pulled this off. Both guys were highly entertaining in this, with Rock's oneliners being especially funny. Its not on the Network, but it ia on Youtube, I suggest checking it out.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:03 pm

I rewatched
Dolph Ziggler vs. John Cena - Ladder Match 4MITBsd from TLC 2012
^It was a good match I tryed watching it at my best that I could
man Ziggler was pushed big back then.

I also rewatched
Chairs Match from TLC 2010
John Cena vs. Wade Barrett
^Man, this match is possible one of my favorites I just loved Wade Barrett
getting buried during this match.

SCXiao
Rookie

Post by SCXiao » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:21 pm

Love watching old Foley matches, is there anyone who has regularly taken as many crazy bumps as he has?
ImageImageImage

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:20 pm

Jeff Hardy?