The Smackdown Discussion Thread

Discuss anything about the WWF/WWE past or present.
stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Re: The Smackdown Discussion Thread

Post by stigsyv1 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:15 am

Whenever they go overseas these days the live tapings just don't seem to be as good anymore. Maybe it's that the wrestlers are spent after 2 weeks of house shows or they just don't care. I wish they would make them mean something again

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Thu May 11, 2017 11:30 am

Yeah stigs , well I find the uk episodes boring lucky I am at home and I never watched the uk episodes this week.
And I have to use a digital adapter to view the show and the adapter for replacing basic cable sucks because it gets all skippy on newer tv's
I just did not care to watch it like having Jinder Mahal come out wanting the wwe title then kevin owens and aj styles
come out about the us title match in the same wwe title match segment.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: Jamel727

Post by Big slim » Thu May 11, 2017 10:44 pm

The sheer amount of shows may have to do with the lacking in quality for some of those overseas shows.

It's why Raw's rating was shit this week.

Jamel Watson (Big slim) - Executive Vice President of Talent Relations

Check out my new blog, Macho Mars at www.machomars.blog!

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Mon May 29, 2017 7:46 pm

Well I havnt been watching smackdown lately due to because they traded Dean Ambrose&The Miz I mean they just
recontinued a little fued they had on smackdown... I just got pissed about it after all...

He also brought in James Elsworth even thow he isnt much but hes cool!

I just thought that Dean Ambrose was smackdown and that he was different then Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns now you get
all 3 on the other brand...

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Wed May 31, 2017 11:25 am

God I hate Natalya saying that she is the best there is the best there was and the best there ever will be!
jeeze I dont remember her doing anything rememberable...

stigsyv1
Hall Of Famer

Post by stigsyv1 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:24 am

I always thought she said breast lol

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:20 pm

My smackdown thoughts of May 30, 2017:
Yeah, I had watched the repeat of Smackdown from tuesday night but tonight instead.

Kevin Owens&Baron Corbin vs. Zami Sayn&Shinsuki Nakamura was longer then I thought it was from this past tuesday
when I tryed to watch smackdown b4 because I was mad about the brand.

It was cool to see Charlotte put Natalya through a table

I thought the main event between Dolph Ziggler&AJ Styles was an awesome main event and i'm very surprised that Ziggler picked up
the win after a super kick.

So, the smackdown brand has impressed me again to re continue to watch it doesnt hurt abit for taking a break because I was mad about
the Ambrose&Miz trades...

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:22 pm

Yes! I had watched smackdown again for another week but this time on the accuall live day!

Finally someone mention that line stealing from there relatives and that odd person had to be Natalya after charlotte said woo
and forget who said that nat stole her uncles lines badly...

It wasn't as good as last weeks episode but Styles&Ziggler had a rematch but this time Styles reversed a move to the styles clash and got the win
after that.

Shinsuke Nakamura and Kevin Owens had a fun bit match but nice to see Nakamura get the win.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Post by AndyF1069 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:09 pm

Had this on loop all day. It's ridiculously catchy
"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:40 pm

June 20, 2017: Thoughts :)

So, Carmella gets stripped of the mitb briefcase because of James Elsworth interference and wrong fulll doing...

Womens Money in the bank rematch happens next week for the first time ever on free-tv!

and Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Dolph Ziggler rematch was really fun middle of the show match :)

Overall a fun show that I taped last night and I watched it after during a nice wed afternoon.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:07 pm

I see John Cena returned somehow I knew he would kick off smackdown and it was fun seeing Resuv debut on smackdown live.
Then they made a flag match at battleground.

Wow, AJ Styles truly is my fav active wrestler on smackdown he had a nice match with Chad Gable to get in the battle royal
and he ended up winning the battle royal to face Kevin Owens at the battleground ppv for the us title.

Maybe smackdown didnt get hurt loosing the Miz and Dean Ambrose because Zigglers good and so is Shinsuke Nakamura

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:08 pm

Congrats AJ Styles on winning the us championship from Kevin Owens on an msg house show :)

Sometimes, I wish they would let styles debut the spiral tap in wwe which I havnt seen him done yet as a move.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:18 pm

My main thought of smackdown episode of 8/15/2015:
What a stupid move for Baron Corbin to cash his money in the bank title shot last night and lost so quickly he never had the chance to
man i'm liking Jinder Mahal hes a good champ and beat the mitb winner easily to retain the wwe title.

Now, Baron Corbin, Damien Sandow and John Cena are 3 people who failed to cash in there briefcases right...

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:05 pm

So, John Cena took a shot at smackdown by saying not by all that smackdown sucks or anything after when he mention who he wants to wrestle
on Raw well thats what the monday night wars were about when defecting to wcw after wwe wrestlers contracts expired.

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:22 pm

Smackdown got reloaded after Summerslam. The Cena lose will hurt, but getting Bobby Roode and the returning Shelton Benjamin will be a nice plus. I look forward to the eventual Shelton/AJ matches and I think Roode would be a great top heel once the Jinder train has stopped.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:12 pm

Smackdown 9/5/2017 was fun and wild the other night and the shinsuke nakamura vs. randy orton match was fun and Orton put sn over good.

And theres a big episode coming next week in Vegas and Mr. Mcmahon is returning and it sucks that Shane got suspended because KO
pissed him off and shane attacked him hopefully vince will lift his suspension and make a hell in a cell match between Shane and Owens.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:22 pm

sin city smackdown from las vegas was an awesome episode 8/12/2017

I really think Baron Corbin and aj styles feud will work out

I really liked the tag team titles match street fight between the uso's and new day, man Big E got beatin badly but came
back and the new day eventually won back the tag belts for the 4th time. Man I can't wait till the new day
eventually when singles belts when things get ugly between them.

Nat retain her womens title over Naomi and carmella was at ringside with James Elsworth and he was held
by a dog leash.

Did any1 see Mr. Mcmahon return and he said that Shane will return from suspension inside hell in a cell against ko&
Vince took a head but which busted his forhead open and ko did a frog splash on him as well like he said he could beat up on any mcmahon.

isrs4life
Hall Of Famer

Post by isrs4life » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:12 pm

I swear the jinder mahal segment from this past weeks smackdown looked a lot like last weeks...

Big slim
Hall Of Famer

Post by Big slim » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:50 pm

None in-ring related, but big congrats to Lana and Rusev, Lana has announced they are having a baby. Something must be in the air in WWE, because recently Mike and Maria Kannelis and Miz and Maryse have announced they'll be parents soon as well.

Cena/Nicki or Jimmy Uso/Naomi are my picks for the next future WWE parents.

AndyF1069
Hall Of Famer
Twitter: AndyF1069

Post by AndyF1069 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:45 pm

Source?

Winning

"My favourite spot is the one where I would pick him up for an aeroplane spin and rotate as many times as possible. He’d be so dizzy that he would try to pin the referee, and I’d count to three and he’d think that he won - Daniel Bryan